BREAKING NEWS - #SWFC EMBARGO LIFTED (EMBARGONE!)

Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

We need a CB first. We'd be able to get by with what we have at wing back.

At CB we have 4, 3 of which are crocks and will likely not last the season. Another one is needed desperately.

Get a solid back 3 first and move on if money is available for other targets.

At wing back we have none, not one Championship proven wingback at the club. A position that is key if we are playing 352, 343.

At centre back we have Lees, Pudil, Hutch, Thorniley (natural LCB not LWB?). Then we have JVA and Neilson.

I agree that we would bring in another centre back in an ideal world because I think you are spot on regarding injuries but surely you've got to buy / loan what you haven't got any of - wingbacks if you want to give the sytsem the best chance of working.

I'm sure we will find out pretty soon either way as I'm hoping Jos has pre empted this scenario and made provisions.

23 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Our first signings should be signing Lucas Joao, Barry Bannan and Fernando Forestieri up to long term deals.

On a side note, an awful lot of work will have been put in by Dejphon Chansiri behind the scenes to secure the lifting of this embargo and he deserves the fans praise for pulling this off.

Absolutely spot on mate.  Let’s secure the players we have who are worth keeping. I’d then like to see us focus on the young lads who did great last year and have so far shown no fear this season when thrown in before we start throwing more money around.  We saw in the World Cup the world beaters that this region can produce!