We're (Not) On Our Way....

54 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

We may be trying to get promotion out of league 1 so, every cloud 

:CEO:

Sadly you could be right mate, we are more likely to be relegated in the next two seasons than to finish in the top half, in my opinion.  Unless something dramatically changes on the finances. We have to sell our best players either this season or next, that means disaster looming 

5 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Sadly you could be right mate, we are more likely to be relegated in the next two seasons than to finish in the top half, in my opinion.  Unless something dramatically changes on the finances. We have to sell our best players either this season or next, that means disaster looming 

I've just said the exact same thing on another thread, think some of fans need a wake up call.

9 minutes ago, Andoverowl said:

Not including you in this Phil

But there's still a lot of our fans who still haven't grasped the enormity of our current situation

We really are in a massive tangle and people need to wake up to that fact.

unfortunately  we are,and your right there are so many supporters who have no idea how grave the situation is,this has been coming for 2 years plus , the only long term way our club with get its positivity back in the long term is chansiri selling up,and getting the right manager in , though with a massive fine looming and probable points deduction ,I don't see a buyer rushing in . 

2 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

unfortunately  we are,and your right there are so many supporters who have no idea how grave the situation is,this has been coming for 2 years plus , the only long term way our club with get its positivity back in the long term is chansiri selling up,and getting the right manager in , though with a massive fine looming and probable points deduction ,I don't see a buyer rushing in

You maybe right but I hope beyond hope that the right man with the right money and knows what he is doing with it still sees us as a good bet.

59 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Part of me doesn’t want to get to the Premier League 

I just know what would happen in terms of expectation and entitlement 

ps that doesn’t mean to say I disagree with the OP - I dont

Think every single fan should listen to the Owls America’s podcast on our FFP situation, then try and help the club evolve into one that utilises and develops young hungry excited players into our new heroes and we become a proud club for community, youth development and shrewd selling 

We literally have zero other choice

Whats happened could actually be turned into the greatest evolution ever IF we do it right and have the hunger for it

I agree mate...................but for this to happen there needs to be a major upheaval in our management and recruitment strategy.

Genuine question , do you think that will happen under DC and JL.

1 minute ago, sheriwozgod said:

I agree mate...................but for this to happen there needs to be a major upheaval in our management and recruitment strategy.

Genuine question , do you think that will happen under DC and JL.

It COULD yes.

Partly will be forced on us over the next two or three seasons anyway given our P&S / FFP situation

Whether it will or not depends 100% on the Chairman's views, opinions and intentions.

We have literally never been in a better position to do so though.

Owlstalk Shop

All this negativity is really quite misplaced. Ok, we can’t splash millions on new players but when exactly in the last two decades have we been able to do that?The one thing everyone’s ignoring is we do have a way out of this - We sell Forestieri. Problem solved. If that’s not enough we sell Lees. We have the assets to trade our way out of trouble.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Philb125 said:

Have you only supported us since chansiri bought us? I’m just intrigued as you say we’re further away from the premiership or reaching it than ever before???

Is there some sort of loop hole I don’t know that meant we could have got there from league one? Or do you think that team of megastars Stuart Gray was overachieving with to finish clear of relegation zone had more of a chance??

You talk about we may have to sell our prized assets to survive. I can’t remember a time when this was an option,in fact I remember the opposite and looking at no assets to sell and not surviving as a club being being a very real option. 

In comparison to our very recent past this is a easy times. Even if we are relagated, and I don’t think we will be; I believe we have the nucleus of a great team already on the books that just needs bedding and experience, then once you remove the prized assets as you call them we should be close to break even, even with reduced ticket prices. 

Football like life is pretty shiit if you only look at the bad bits! But it’s odd that the mood now is worse than when we were about to be shut down. I guess doing well and expectation has a lot to do with this. 

I think your missing the point a little, I said in the post we always wanted a rich benefactor, we didn't expect much before when we were scraping by, we now have a very rich chairman but are no further forward and are possibly hampered even more. Its not worse than us about to be shut down but it very, very grim and frustrating.

47 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Can I please ask a question at this point @Philb125

Am not having a go or point scoring etc just curious

Have you heard the latest Americas Podcast about FFP? (above)

Not all of it yet, but the first 25 mins or so as well as the other three of these, which is why unlike some I understood why we were not buying players, loaning players and looking to bed in kids rather than play people who will not be here in a years time. 

Ill listen to rest later as ive enjoyed the other three, maybe not the message but how it was put and explained. 

My my point I’m trying to make is historically when administration was a very real threat we had no assets to speak of. In this case we have: 

Fessi: 10m plus

Bannan: 1-2m

Fit Hooper: 1-2m

winall: 2m plus

westwood; 1/2 - 1m

Reach: 7m plus

jaoa: 3-5m

etc!! Now I’m not saying I want to sell any of these, but at least it’s an option, an option that pre Milan we didn’t have, and on the positives....

pre Milan our youth options were limited, this time around we have: 

2keepers

2-3 CBs

a wing back for each sofe

limited CM options

2 promising forwards

9 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

All this negativity is really quite misplaced. Ok, we can’t splash millions on new players but when exactly in the last two decades have we been able to do that?The one thing everyone’s ignoring is we do have a way out of this - We sell Forestieri. Problem solved. If that’s not enough we sell Lees. We have the assets to trade our way out of trouble.

And then we drop to the next level of English football, granted things aren't quite as bad as the last 20 years but the way the club has been run into the ground is criminal.

3 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Not all of it yet, but the first 25 mins or so as well as the other three of these, which is why unlike some I understood why we were not buying players, loaning players and looking to bed in kids rather than play people who will not be here in a years time. 

Ill listen to rest later as ive enjoyed the other three, maybe not the message but how it was put and explained. 

My my point I’m trying to make is historically when administration was a very real threat we had no assets to speak of. In this case we have: 

Fessi: 10m plus

Bannan: 1-2m

Fit Hooper: 1-2m

winall: 2m plus

westwood; 1/2 - 1m

Reach: 7m plus

jaoa: 3-5m

etc!! Now I’m not saying I want to sell any of these, but at least it’s an option, an option that pre Milan we didn’t have, and on the positives....

pre Milan our youth options were limited, this time around we have: 

2keepers

2-3 CBs

a wing back for each sofe

limited CM options

2 promising forwards

Cheers Phil.

You're correct on those assets and they're very much still here, however the second part of the FFP podcast might shed a bit more light on things such as we may well be forced to sell them all to just prevent a points deduction or other massive impact from the P&S/FFP thing

I reckon it's definitely worth hearing the second part of that podcast

The fact we can't extend our own players contracts right now (many of whom are in that list above) is perhaps the scariest thing I've heard since the potential closure of SWFC back in the day as it essentially means 75% of all our players could just walk away next summer for free and we may be totally powerless against that happening if we're not allowed to spend money under the FFP rules.

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, A12owl said:

It sounds like stupid rules. A club could be killed off if they have to allow decent value players to go for free because they cannot renew their contract.

Football authority seems to be for the benefit of the rich clubs in the premiership. 

We knew the rules 

We broke the rules

Literally that simple

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Blue and white said:

How were we allowed to break the rule, especially after the amount of money our fans stump up week after week, season after season.

The rules are laid out
We accept the rules when we start a season and enter the Championship
We broke those rules

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Isn't it a case of

We knew the rules

We broke the rules

But

We didn't get promoted .

That's the simple answer.

Nope

It's this simple

We knew the rules

We broke the rules

Anything and everything else is irrelevant to that

Owlstalk Shop

8 hours ago, toppOwl said:

I've been accused of being a happy clapper many times, I've tried to defend anything SWFC as much as possible but feel its a losing battle, as we say round these parts - wer in'a reyt mess.

The Premier League (which I hate incidentally) seems further away than its ever been, were on a rocky road where the only paths to take are bad ones.

Sorry to say but Mr C has to take the blame for much of this, all the years that fans of this club wanted (and deserved) a rich benefactor we finally get one who uses the Yosser Hughes "I can do that" approach to the job and falls down from his lack of football knowledge in a business where shrewdness is key, high prices, poor recruitment, stubborness etc have lead us from the euphoria of a play off final to a situation thats going to get better before it gets worse and could take years and a lot of hard work to get back to even thinking about being contenders for promotion.

The only ways out of the current predicament seems to be hope we get promoted this season (no chance IMO) or sell our prized assets in January, leaving a team bereft of the players that get bums on seats and paying top wack for the privilege, I always thought the high tickets prices were a huge risk, play great football and the punters will flock in, bore the pants off the fans and you get just over 23k for your first home game of the season.

The near future looks very bleak and the season feels flat as fart before its even got going.

Bad times indeed.

FFS!!!!

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Part of me doesn’t want to get to the Premier League 

I just know what would happen in terms of expectation and entitlement 

ps that doesn’t mean to say I disagree with the OP - I dont

Think every single fan should listen to the Owls America’s podcast on our FFP situation, then try and help the club evolve into one that utilises and develops young hungry excited players into our new heroes and we become a proud club for community, youth development and shrewd selling 

We literally have zero other choice

Whats happened could actually be turned into the greatest evolution ever IF we do it right and have the hunger for it

Until Chansiri learns player sales are just as important as signings we’re only heading in one direction and it isn’t upwards.