We're (Not) On Our Way....

I've been accused of being a happy clapper many times, I've tried to defend anything SWFC as much as possible but feel its a losing battle, as we say round these parts - wer in'a reyt mess.

The Premier League (which I hate incidentally) seems further away than its ever been, were on a rocky road where the only paths to take are bad ones.

Sorry to say but Mr C has to take the blame for much of this, all the years that fans of this club wanted (and deserved) a rich benefactor we finally get one who uses the Yosser Hughes "I can do that" approach to the job and falls down from his lack of football knowledge in a business where shrewdness is key, high prices, poor recruitment, stubborness etc have lead us from the euphoria of a play off final to a situation thats going to get better before it gets worse and could take years and a lot of hard work to get back to even thinking about being contenders for promotion.

The only ways out of the current predicament seems to be hope we get promoted this season (no chance IMO) or sell our prized assets in January, leaving a team bereft of the players that get bums on seats and paying top wack for the privilege, I always thought the high tickets prices were a huge risk, play great football and the punters will flock in, bore the pants off the fans and you get just over 23k for your first home game of the season.

The near future looks very bleak and the season feels flat as fart before its even got going.

Bad times indeed.

19 minutes ago, owlmanc said:

The annoying thing is many non happy clappers were predicting this after the Huddersfield game...

The only hope we had was that Carlos would get his marching orders to try to head off a hangover last season.

Had that happened, then last season could have been quite different.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

The only hope we had was that Carlos would get his marching orders to try to head off a hangover last season.

Had that happened, then last season could have been quite different.

Agreed. I was never a fan. He should have gone after hull for me. He’s gone now. My only hope is Chansiri after 3 years learns from mistakes but just when you think the club is getting things right it’s 2 steps back. I just feel so detached from the club. £30 + to watch a lower end of championship football game. Not for me. I understand the club needs income but from the last 3 years do I trust them

to spend wisely? 

Just now, toppOwl said:

I've been accused of being a happy clapper many times, I've tried to defend anything SWFC as much as possible but feel its a losing battle, as we say round these parts - wer in'a reyt mess.

The Premier League (which I hate incidentally) seems further away than its ever been, were on a rocky road where the only paths to take are bad ones.

Sorry to say but Mr C has to take the blame for much of this, all the years that fans of this club wanted (and deserved) a rich benefactor we finally get one who uses the Yosser Hughes "I can do that" approach to the job and falls down from his lack of football knowledge in a business where shrewdness is key, high prices, poor recruitment, stubborness etc have lead us from the euphoria of a play off final to a situation thats going to get better before it gets worse and could take years and a lot of hard work to get back to even thinking about being contenders for promotion.

The only ways out of the current predicament seems to be hope we get promoted this season (no chance IMO) or sell our prized assets in January, leaving a team bereft of the players that get bums on seats and paying top wack for the privilege, I always thought the high tickets prices were a huge risk, play great football and the punters will flock in, bore the pants off the fans and you get just over 23k for your first home game of the season.

The near future looks very bleak and the season feels flat as fart before its even got going.

Bad times indeed.

On the bright side, there is your avatar

:Pelupessy:

I can still remember the grim quiet walk back to the car after the Huddersfield game. Once in the car, all four of us agreed that the defeat could set us back years and we wouldn't get a potentially easier run again. 

I don't think we will challenge for promotion for another 3 years minimum. Our problems are too deep rooted. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

I can still remember the grim quiet walk back to the car after the Huddersfield game. Once in the car, all four of us agreed that the defeat could set us back years and we wouldn't get a potentially easier run again. 

I don't think we will challenge for promotion for another 3 years minimum. Our problems are too deep rooted. 

The glaringly obvious one is we are run by someone who hasn't got a clue.

Part of me doesn’t want to get to the Premier League 

I just know what would happen in terms of expectation and entitlement 

ps that doesn’t mean to say I disagree with the OP - I dont

Think every single fan should listen to the Owls America’s podcast on our FFP situation, then try and help the club evolve into one that utilises and develops young hungry excited players into our new heroes and we become a proud club for community, youth development and shrewd selling 

We literally have zero other choice

Whats happened could actually be turned into the greatest evolution ever IF we do it right and have the hunger for it

Owlstalk Shop

6 hours ago, toppOwl said:

Bad times indeed.

Have you only supported us since chansiri bought us? I’m just intrigued as you say we’re further away from the premiership or reaching it than ever before???

Is there some sort of loop hole I don’t know that meant we could have got there from league one? Or do you think that team of megastars Stuart Gray was overachieving with to finish clear of relegation zone had more of a chance??

You talk about we may have to sell our prized assets to survive. I can’t remember a time when this was an option,in fact I remember the opposite and looking at no assets to sell and not surviving as a club being being a very real option. 

In comparison to our very recent past this is a easy times. Even if we are relagated, and I don’t think we will be; I believe we have the nucleus of a great team already on the books that just needs bedding and experience, then once you remove the prized assets as you call them we should be close to break even, even with reduced ticket prices. 

Football like life is pretty shiit if you only look at the bad bits! But it’s odd that the mood now is worse than when we were about to be shut down. I guess doing well and expectation has a lot to do with this. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Have you only supported us since chansiri bought us? I’m just intrigued as you say we’re further away from the premiership or reaching it than ever before???

Is there some sort of loop hole I don’t know that meant we could have got there from league one? Or do you think that team of megastars Stuart Gray was overachieving with to finish clear of relegation zone had more of a chance??

You talk about we may have to sell our prized assets to survive. I can’t remember a time when this was an option,in fact I remember the opposite and looking at no assets to sell and not surviving as a club being being a very real option. 

In comparison to our very recent past this is a easy times. Even if we are relagated, and I don’t think we will be; I believe we have the nucleus of a great team already on the books that just needs bedding and experience, then once you remove the prized assets as you call them we should be close to break even, even with reduced ticket prices. 

Football like life is pretty shiit if you only look at the bad bits! But it’s odd that the mood now is worse than when we were about to be shut down. I guess doing well and expectation has a lot to do with this. 

Not including you in this Phil

But there's still a lot of our fans who still haven't grasped the enormity of our current situation

We really are in a massive tangle and people need to wake up to that fact.