Unofficial and unnecessary transfer deadline day thread

I guess a successful window in the grand scheme of things is no departures, or possibly Westwood leaving for a fee. A miraculous one would be Westwood leaving for a fee and a couple of the older high earners who really won't contribute much this season such as Jones/Abdi leaving but nobody else, this would hopefully be enough for the EFL to approve a couple of loan signings, possibly a few of our U23s going out on half season loans would be good as well.

Guest addedtime
28 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Fingers crossed for a miracle.

UTO

Which one?

keep them all or £25m in the bank?

Guest addedtime

Problem is, one route almost guarantees us to be financially ok, but leaves a poo future, the other is a LONG shot.

I'm making myself available on a free. 

Played a bit at right back in my time. in fact, got to double figures one season when I was about 11 from right back so reckon I'd fit like a glove at RBW.

If the club do read Owlstalk, PM me. I can be at Middlewood Road for 9.30.

No worries re FFP, I'll be under the wages limit- I'll do it for the training gear.

Edited by RUMBELOWS91

53 minutes ago, פɹᴉɯqɐɹᴉɐu said:

I guess a successful window in the grand scheme of things is no departures, or possibly Westwood leaving for a fee. A miraculous one would be Westwood leaving for a fee and a couple of the older high earners who really won't contribute much this season such as Jones/Abdi leaving but nobody else, this would hopefully be enough for the EFL to approve a couple of loan signings, possibly a few of our U23s going out on half season loans would be good as well.

Can you see the EFL turning a decision around in less than a few hours......

thought not!

BBC Sport Wales

Cardiff manager Neil Warnock had been keen on adding two midfielders and a striker before close of business, but looks now set to ditch plans for a forward to prioritise the middle of the park.

Harry Arter is a player Warnock likes and has spoken with the Cherries about a loan deal, but Bournemouth are holding out for a permanent switch with a £10m price tag.

Cardiff have spoken to other targets with Real Betis midfielder Víctor Camarasa being heavily linked with the Premier League new boys.

So, no Fessi bid?

2 hours ago, פɹᴉɯqɐɹᴉɐu said:

Seems a lack of noise regarding Westwood IMO - is anyone actually in for him?

I think he’s a brilliant keeper and would love for him to stay and play but hope to god we haven’t burnt our bridges with him and he stays at the club rotting in the reserves

That’s what I’m worried about! He’s been kept out of action to make sure we can sell him, he’s obviously not pleased about it (why else would he publicly contradict his manager). It would be a huge mess if we don’t sell. May well depend on whether anyone comes in for Butland. If so, he’ll prob go Stoke. Problem is most likely suitor was Chelsea and they’ve opted for lad from athletic Bilbao

Edited by owltilidie

2 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Played a bit at right back in my time. in fact, got to double figures one season when I was about 11 from right back so reckon I'd fit like a glove at RBW.

No worries re FFP, I'll be under the wages limit- I'll do it for the training gear.

Better than Liam Palmer? Oh and how long ago were you 11?

2 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

It's a No from me lol

• Haha 1

Now Chelsea don’t want Butland

stoke might not be in for Westwood

i don’t want him to go to a Champ team but I do think we could cash in. We’re not going to get promoted this year so maybe start the rebuild. Get the young hungry lads into the team & build up the ‘pashun’ like the filth did 

eurrgghhhh I can’t believe I’m hoping we get what they had :wacko: