Do you reckon Jos will rearrange the pack against Hull?

When watching us under Jos last season it wasn't that scaary when the opposition were attacking because our defence seemed to be there to handle them. Last Saturday we just weren't there when the attacks came. We need chance. Hutch in defence and maybe try Baker for Palmer. And van Aken out for Joao.

Wildsmith
Baker-Hutch-Lees-Pudil-Reach

Pelupessy-Bannan

Forestieri-Joao-Fletcher

or something like that.

18 hours ago, Maltby owl83 said:

343 for me:-

Dawson

Hutch            Lees            Pudil

Baker        Bannan     Pessy     Reach

João                   Fletcher               Nando

I'd go with this.  Think Jos will keep JVA in the side.

Edited by Sham67

Dawson

Baker - Lees - Hutch - Pudil

Boyd  -  Bannan - Reach - Fernando

Fletch - Joao

With the attacking option

Dawson

Lees - Hutch - Pudil

Baker - Boyd- Bannan - Reach

Fernando

Joao - Fletch

• Like 1

I actually think that Jos will take Van Aken out of the team and put Hutch in defence. I think he will also revert to 3-4-3. He did last season and it worked. I know it’s a new season and he will be cautious but If he can’t do it at Home to Hull, that will concern me.

Team;

GK - Dawson or preferably Westwood if he doesn’t leave

Lees

Hutch

Pudil

Palmer

Joey

Bannan

Reach

Joao

Fletch

FF

Most managers like their ball player to be in the middle of defence. That’s why you’ve seen JVA play there and Hutch went into the middle at the weekend. That’s why Stones played there for England etc. Ideally, Hutch will be the man to bring the ball out into midfield.

23 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

You really don't come out playing experimental noodling jazz for your first number.  You've lost your crowd immediately..

Ask Jamiroquai

Virtual insanity. 

Edited by AwokenGiant
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

What worries me is that Jos as been here since January and he's still "experimenting"....find the best side that suit the tactics he wants to play and go into the next 5/6 games with a settle side!!!

As I mentioned before, DC still hoped for promotion We aren’t going to bore our way to promotion, Jos needs to get us on the front foot Get rid of the 3 at the back nonsense

10 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

As I mentioned before, DC still hoped for promotion We aren’t going to bore our way to promotion, Jos needs to get us on the front foot Get rid of the 3 at the back nonsense

Only the most pessimistic among us would call 3-4-3 defensive.  5-3-2 on the other hand....

22 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

I hope he does shuffle the pack because the most alarming thing for me is that after 8 MONTHS in the job and working with these players , he actually thought that last weeks line up and shape was our best option.

TBF to Jos he had two major players from his back five from last season unavailable to him. Baring a few mistakes he seemed to suss out our best side pretty quickly from when he walked through the door. The problem I think we have is that you or me couldn't with any degree of certainty name our back three, four or five, you could ask ten fans and they'd all give you different answers because there are question marks over both wingback positions and who plays at centre back and where. Go back to last season and ask the same question to the same ten fans and seven of them would probably say the same thing - "A back three of Pudil, Lees, Venancio with Hunt at RWB and somedi at LWB, probably Reach"

I've always felt losing Hunt and Venancio would cause us issues if we didn't replace them. Added to that is that I also thought we needed to sign a left wingback anyway. I can see why Jos has problems picking an eleven with our major issues in defence. That is what he gets paid to do though and it looks like he's going to get no help whatsoever in bringing in signings so he's going to have to sort the issues pretty quickly.

3 hours ago, gurujuan said:

no you are right...we will bore our way to mid table at best!

I'm not spoiling for an argument, I am genuinely intrigued...what formation would you go with?

56 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

no you are right...we will bore our way to mid table at best!

I'm not spoiling for an argument, I am genuinely intrigued...what formation would you go with?

4-3-3 it plays to our strengths in midfield and attack