So who identified transfer targets?

As someone who constantly questioned most of our signings over the last two years, I have to say, the buck stops with the chairman

As for who identified the targets, we will probably never.know For me, there was a very obvious Scottish influence, but who that might have been, I’ve no idea 

9 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

As someone who constantly questioned most of our signings over the last two years, I have to say, the buck stops with the chairman

As for who identified the targets, we will probably never.know For me, there was a very obvious Scottish influence, but who that might have been, I’ve no idea 

landscape-1483278999-krankies2.jpg

Bloody hell I KNEW IT 

Owlstalk Shop

It was CC who was responsible for most and at one point he said remebered Celtic playing in Europe and enjoyed their style. We recruited players of similar ilk no variation it was clear to anybody that same person was selecting players. Terrible player recruitment has resulted in problems we have.

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

CC thought Scottish football was similar to English. The Chairman who knew nothing about football had to rely on someone he put his faith in wrong people. It was obvious to many wrong strategy but our manager still had support from many on here and had obviously convinced DC he knew what he was doing. Having lost a small fortune and admiting this it is not easy to admit you were fooled by someone as well. Most worrying for me is he still has same advisor who has clearly not done great to date. If anything feel sorry for Chairman has been badly let down by those he has put his trust in.

I have got so annoyed about how those transfers occured. But as it stands today we have moved on. New manager, new CEO and new approach. Of course mistakes were made but i think we are now trying to do things different so lets see where it leads. If Chansiri wants to try keep the gang together this year for 1 last push then fair enough. I don't think we will ever spend 8 million on a player again until we reach the PL. I am now looking forward to the games coming thick and fast so we can have other things to discuss.

DC needs a proper football man at the side of him, somebody who knows the game inside out, what players true values are, good connections to UK, European & Worldwide scouting networks. Somebody who is prepared to say that a potential target is a waste of space, who is prepared to say we need to buy this unknown kid as he will be worth a fortune in a few years.

Its so glaringly obvious that Chansiri lacks the nouse and football knowledge and is getting exploited at every turn, that until we get an old head in a Director of Football (or similar role) then we are going to continue in pretty much the same vein that we have done for the last couple of years. 

Transfer business has been hit and miss, not wholly miss. The two big misses were Abdi and Rhodes. I was always Rhodes sceptic but can understand why others weren't. Abdi has been a disaster but that wasn't obvious at the time.

I can't for one moment believe that any of our managers, whether CC or JL, are responsible for identifying targets. I mean: we haven't been well run, but that would be so bizarre it's beyond belief even for us

40 minutes ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

DC needs a proper football man at the side of him, somebody who knows the game inside out, what players true values are, good connections to UK, European & Worldwide scouting networks. Somebody who is prepared to say that a potential target is a waste of space, who is prepared to say we need to buy this unknown kid as he will be worth a fortune in a few years.

Its so glaringly obvious that Chansiri lacks the nouse and football knowledge and is getting exploited at every turn, that until we get an old head in a Director of Football (or similar role) then we are going to continue in pretty much the same vein that we have done for the last couple of years. 

Completely agree but it will cost us to find one and it looks like we can't spend any money on recruitment so we are screwed......why Chansiri didn't think of this a long time ago , who knows?

This is why Carlos is the worst manager in our history ,his 2 and half seasons of $h1t signings and dogger tactics will cost this club millions and take years to recover.

And to think some clueless fools clapped the clown when he returned with Swansea

23 minutes ago, Watto said:

Completely agree but it will cost us to find one and it looks like we can't spend any money on recruitment so we are screwed......why Chansiri didn't think of this a long time ago , who knows?

Somebody would do it for a relatively small amount, in another thread the other day it was mentioned that Howard Wilkinson would be ideal. While I think that Sgt Wilko would be on the wrong side of 70 for day in day out involvement he certainly would be an invaluable resource for DC to tap into on a day to day basis. Somebody with an affinity with the club who has been round the block, Brian Laws, Paul Sturrock, Gary Megson (yes him) all got years of collective experience within the game that Chansiri could bounce stuff off.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Stoop said:

DC said last night that CC was completely in charge of second year recruitment 

So...

Jones

Abdi

Urby

Fletcher

Fox

kean

Buckley

Mcmanaman

Sasso

Reach

:carlosswfc:

Safe to say that (excluding Reach) Carlos had a complete and utter f*cking nightmare

Hmmm. Buying players then not rating them enough to play them. 

38 minutes ago, welsOwl74 said:

This is why Carlos is the worst manager in our history ,his 2 and half seasons of $h1t signings and dogger tactics will cost this club millions and take years to recover.

And to think some clueless fools clapped the clown when he returned with Swansea

But he’s by far the most successful manager in recent times

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

But he’s by far the most successful manager in recent times

What division did he start in with us? What did we win? What division did we finish In when he got sacked?

Carlos the clown and successful shouldn't mentioned in the same sentence.

2 minutes ago, welsOwl74 said:

What division did he start in with us? What did we win? What division did we finish In when he got sacked?

Carlos the clown and successful shouldn't mentioned in the same sentence.

Two top six finishes in a row Anyone else done that in recent times?

Just now, gurujuan said:

Two top six finishes in a row Anyone else done that in recent times?

Jokanvic at Fulham and Houghton at Brighton 

If you mean at Wednesday,remind me whichother Wednesday manager had 30 million in fees and wages to spend?

Cus megson ,laws,jones,sturrock and gray had 50p and a pack of crisps between um 

And not even good crisps,nettos ownbrand

6 minutes ago, welsOwl74 said:

Jokanvic at Fulham and Houghton at Brighton 

If you mean at Wednesday,remind me whichother Wednesday manager had 30 million in fees and wages to spend?

Cus megson ,laws,jones,sturrock and gray had 50p and a pack of crisps between um 

And not even good crisps,nettos ownbrand

That’s the sort of money needed in the championship these days Can’t argue with Carlos’s record at Hillsborough The football in year two, well that’s another issue

1 hour ago, welsOwl74 said:

He's gone let it go...you know it makes sense lol BTW he gave us our two best seasons in the last 18 years