Guest Hillsborough Mole
1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

The Owls launched the brand new #BeWise campaign earlier today to urge Wednesdayites to opt in and receive regular email communications direct from Hillsborough.

The first exciting strand of the project is a fun-filled S6 quiz tournament exclusively for subscribers with fantastic, money can’t buy prizes up for grabs!

The competition is open only to SWFC email recipients, who will receive their first of seven rounds of questions later today, Friday 13 July, as we test your knowledge on 150 years of history.

Once the multiple choice answers with a tie breaker are returned, the top two gain automatic promotion! 

From there, those winners can invite friends or family to make up a team of five for the grand quiz final at Hillsborough – with a wild card club official or Wednesday legend to swell the ranks!

More details will follow as the tournament unfolds…

The #BeWise campaign was launched following recent GDPR criteria that saw football clubs around the world losing the valuable data of loyal supporters.

Here at Hillsborough, in simple terms, we want that data back – and #BeWise is at the heart of the action!

The process of opting in could not be easier – just register a valid email address HERE and follow the instructions.

You will have full control over what information you receive and you can unsubscribe at any point by managing your preferences online via your account.

Game on!

Whenever I see the phrase 'fun filled' used on any kind of marketing material I immediately know that it's going to be anything but

It's like people using 'Spooktacular' at Halloween

Just f off will you??

10 hours ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Whenever I see the phrase 'fun filled' used on any kind of marketing material I immediately know that it's going to be anything but

It's like people using 'Spooktacular' at Halloween

Just f off will you??

Halloween IS spooktacular. I’ve seen charts.

12 hours ago, HubristicClapper said:

GDPR in relationship to a football club is far simpler than in any other industry.

Fans are fans....they demand information.   Building your list up as a football club is relatively simple.

Contrast that with where I work.  25 years of mined data lost, that simplly we have dropped and will struggle to get back 10% of in the next few years.

Not wanting to sound callous to individuals, but all the companies that got ‘screwed’ by that can cry me a river. Not levelling this at YOUR business of course, but in more general terms, 10+ years of all and sundry emailing, phoning and shoving junk through our doors ‘cos they all flogged our personal info around each other - info that we were forced to reveal when signing up for essential products and services. You couldn’t even opt out half the time. The only alternative option was to completely go without many basic comforts that we should all be able to take somewhat for granted with how hard most of us work.

Drove me mad on a daily basis and manually blocking them individually was literal finger-in-the-dyke stuff. I don’t think it’s hyperbole to say it genuinely affected quality of life, in a small but nagging way, for millions of people over a decade. It’s up there with PPI in terms of scandalous corporate practices - and, like PPI, it’s another one that they blithely got away with...until they didn’t, and only now it’s a problem.

So yeah, I’m not feeling too sorry for them tbh. I know this is anathema to most organisations who’ve spent the last 30 years telling customers what they want instead of asking, but looks like they might finally have to come up with some marketing initiatives we actually want and find useful. Shocker!

• Like 1

On 13/07/2018 at 21:25, @owlstalk said:

I'm genuinely feeling sorry for Mark

I can see it now in the office on Monday at 9am as everyone sits down, turns their PC on and gets ready for the week ahead..

*camera zooms in on Trevor*

Trevor - "Mark there's a really important email just dropped in that needs actioning in the next five minutes have you got it?"

*camera cuts to Mark staring at his outlook express inbox in tears and with a bright red face*

Outlook Express lol

Not seen that gash since the 90s lol