The Owls launched the brand new #BeWise campaign earlier today to urge Wednesdayites to opt in and receive regular email communications direct from Hillsborough.

The first exciting strand of the project is a fun-filled S6 quiz tournament exclusively for subscribers with fantastic, money can’t buy prizes up for grabs!

The competition is open only to SWFC email recipients, who will receive their first of seven rounds of questions later today, Friday 13 July, as we test your knowledge on 150 years of history.

Once the multiple choice answers with a tie breaker are returned, the top two gain automatic promotion! 

From there, those winners can invite friends or family to make up a team of five for the grand quiz final at Hillsborough – with a wild card club official or Wednesday legend to swell the ranks!

More details will follow as the tournament unfolds…

The #BeWise campaign was launched following recent GDPR criteria that saw football clubs around the world losing the valuable data of loyal supporters.

Here at Hillsborough, in simple terms, we want that data back – and #BeWise is at the heart of the action!

The process of opting in could not be easier – just register a valid email address HERE and follow the instructions.

You will have full control over what information you receive and you can unsubscribe at any point by managing your preferences online via your account.

Game on!

Owlstalk Shop

I was expecting stuff like ticket price thoughts, kit opinions etc, but got stuff like “what was the weekly wage of Ron Springett in 1966...”. How random. 

If they called it a quiz id understand but it specifically says in the title “WE WANT YOUR OPINION”! 

GDPR in relationship to a football club is far simpler than in any other industry.

Fans are fans....they demand information.   Building your list up as a football club is relatively simple.

Contrast that with where I work.  25 years of mined data lost, that simplly we have dropped and will struggle to get back 10% of in the next few years.

Once the multiple choice answers with a tie breaker are returned, the top two gain automatic promotion! 
From there, those winners can invite friends or family to make up a team of five for the grand quiz final at Hillsborough – with a wild card club official or Wednesday legend to swell the ranks!

Now... I know people say that I can be overly critical occasionally

BUT.....

Has anyone read the above process for this email competition and thought it through?

lol

Owlstalk Shop

35 minutes ago, Hawkinsfootballboots said:

Anyone received an email for a survey asking questions like who’s run the fastest in pre season training and who’s jumped the highest???

I genuinely thought you were going to tell me it was an email from Neil asking for topic suggestion for Owlstalk.lol

FFS. 

• Haha 1

I'm genuinely feeling sorry for Mark

I can see it now in the office on Monday at 9am as everyone sits down, turns their PC on and gets ready for the week ahead..

*camera zooms in on Trevor*

Trevor - "Mark there's a really important email just dropped in that needs actioning in the next five minutes have you got it?"

*camera cuts to Mark staring at his outlook express inbox in tears and with a bright red face*

Owlstalk Shop

55 minutes ago, Hawkinsfootballboots said:

Anyone received an email for a survey asking questions like who’s run the fastest in pre season training and who’s jumped the highest???

No , not had that one, but i did receive an email this morning from a Nigerian prince telling me i had won £30m on the Nigerian lottery and i just had to email him my bank account number and sort code so they could pay the money into my account. 

3 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

No , not had that one, but i did receive an email this morning from a Nigerian prince telling me i had won £30m on the Nigerian lottery and i just had to email him my bank account number and sort code so they could pay the money into my account. 

To be fair that one is less weird than the one from SWFC

lol

Owlstalk Shop