Elev8 done it again

Here's an idea - why don't the club announce NOW that this home kit is here to stay for the 2018/19 and 2019/20 seasons.

It's stripes, its a safe sponsor, manufacturer is fine - this would be a massive incentive for loads of people to commit to buy it and also give the club a bit of a breather in the knowledge that they aren't just going to have to rush things again next year.

It would make so much sense.

Ideally make it £45-£50 (part refunds for purchases already made) or the equivalent discount for juniors and let's just concentrate on the other priorities in retail.

Let's face it - next season's is just going to be virtually identical anyway.

On 13/07/2018 at 09:52, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

I thought the announcement was that it was just shirts on sale at the moment, not the full kit.

If I am wrong, then you have every right to be annoyed, if I'm right, well a shirt is better than no shirt.

Is that like Brexit?

23 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

It's mad all this innit

Fans being convinced by chairmen that it's essential that ticket prices are so high
Ticket prices being raised and raised
Replica shirt prices being raised and raised
A new breed of uberfan created who defend the price rises of both tickets and shirts
Chairman desperate to offload players as they've spent too much and are breaching FFP or are at risk of it

Fans shovelling in more and more of their income to football clubs who are all overspending wildly and not succeeding with this strategy
Because they don't succeed by mad spending they want to spend more so plead with fans to shovel more and more cash in
Meanwhile players and agents just sit back and watch the £££ rolling in as the chairmen scream at the fans to shovel more and more money in

It's bonkers

23 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Hopefully when the adult shirts go on sale they sell in record numbers

It's a great design to be fair

Let's hope for record numbers sold

"Record numbers sold" will vindicate "replica shirt prices being raised and raised".

Innit.

On ‎14‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 09:08, davey_wells said:

Here's an idea - why don't the club announce NOW that this home kit is here to stay for the 2018/19 and 2019/20 seasons.

It's stripes, its a safe sponsor, manufacturer is fine - this would be a massive incentive for loads of people to commit to buy it and also give the club a bit of a breather in the knowledge that they aren't just going to have to rush things again next year.

Ideally make it £45-£50 (part refunds for purchases already made) or the equivalent discount for juniors and let's just concentrate on the other priorities in retail.

Because it isn't.

• Haha 1

On 13/07/2018 at 10:25, Buxtongent said:

The only 'kit' I ever had as a kid was a blue and white scarf my mother knitted me.  Oh, and later on wheen my Dad could afford it, a Blue and White Rosette. Never made me feel neglected, underprivledged or less of a Wenesdayite.

One thing which I treasure and wear to every game is a metal pin badge of the 4 leafed clover shaped Sheffield Wednesday Supporters Club Badge, bought for me, and proudly worn in 1949.

Aye, you were one of the Lucky ones, alright.

I had no Scarf, no Rosette and no Badge.

And we lived in a Ditch !

But I'll tell thi what !

They were Grand Days, When I were a Lad !!!!!!

1 hour ago, np pontefract said:

Aye, you were one of the Lucky ones, alright.

I had no Scarf, no Rosette and no Badge.

And we lived in a Ditch !

But I'll tell thi what !

They were Grand Days, When I were a Lad !!!!!!

My ditch was better than yours 

On 14/07/2018 at 09:08, davey_wells said:

Kids will grow out of it in a year anyway.

Adults that are prepared to buy a football shirt for £60 will be daft enough to do it every year.

From the commercial side of things you'd just make sure that they're in stock in every size from the first pay day after the world cups finished

Within a few days all eyes go from the national team back to your club

I'd guess by the 25th, the club shop will be full

On 16/07/2018 at 15:42, BRUCE LEE said:

From the commercial side of things you'd just make sure that they're in stock in every size from the first pay day after the world cups finished

Within a few days all eyes go from the national team back to your club

I'd guess by the 25th, the club shop will be full

Well done SWFC 

On 16/07/2018 at 10:41, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Kids will grow out of it in a year anyway.

Adults that are prepared to buy a football shirt for £60 will be daft enough to do it every year.

And if Sainsbury's continue to offer McVities Chocolate Digestives at just a pound a pack, I would outgrow the shirt by next year too. Yum....