Elev8 done it again

Guest Willow Owl

Gave the club benefit of the doubt last year as they were trying something new. Should have had all sizes and styles available for Owls in the park this year. Shambolic really. 

There you go an uberfan criticising the club :biggrin:

Does quality of a football shirt really matter that much, you get 6-9 months out of it then replace it with another, its not like you are going to wear it for 300 days in a year it might be 20 or 30 times and that's it.

There seems to be this focus on quality stitching so that why we have to pay £20 more than everyone else for the same product. How many fans will be wearing last season shirt again once they get the new ones not many.

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

Does quality of a football shirt really matter that much, you get 6-9 months out of it then replace it with another, its not like you are going to wear it for 300 days in a year it might be 20 or 30 times and that's it.

There seems to be this focus on quality stitching so that why we have to pay £20 more than everyone else for the same product. How many fans will be wearing last season shirt again once they get the new ones not many.

It needs an extra 6 months extra wear building in to allow time for the next one to arrive late.

• Haha 2

they also at min cant put any purchases onto your Wednesday card so unless you keep your receipts in a safe place and take them with your new card whenever that arrives ,on my my 2 different receipts its only showing 225 points earned on a £45 shirt sale,also did that 2 weeks ago on other £45 shirt yet the shop are still saying its 10% ie 450 points  with season tickets , when I go back in when I have my new cards they better give me the 10% back and not the 5% whats showing on the receipts  im not standing for the amateur way things are been run its downright embarrassing . I wouldn't be shocked if no1 can go to 1st game as who`s to say they will  get our season ticket cards to us ontime. no1 seems to have a clue when we can pick the season cards up or when they will be posted . 2 weeks ago it was mid july  aint that now? when will things improve down there? 2050? 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, room0035 said:

For £60 or £100 I’d say quality of product is probably quite important 

If we were paying £10 for some rag I think most would put up with it 

4 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

Time ALL clubs stopped changing their kit annually. It's a racket!

If people keep buying them - then why stop??

Clubs don’t care they just want more money - especially ours!!!

5 shirts in 12 months is nothing short of a disgrace 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, torres said:

If people keep buying them - then why stop??

Clubs don’t care they just want more money - especially ours!!!

5 shirts in 12 months is nothing short of a disgrace 

I agree even I could make more than 5 shirts in 12 months and I can't sew. :ghoulguy:

• Haha 4

32 minutes ago, torres said:

For £60 or £100 I’d say quality of product is probably quite important 

If we were paying £10 for some rag I think most would put up with it 

But that is the point isn't it we get this its quality, its got the logo stitch, oh by the way its £60 please and you won't get it for the full season because it is being hand stitched.

Or we lower the quality mass produce them like everyone else does, have the ready to be sold from the 1st June priced at £39 and because we have mass produced them the unit price to make one shirt is about £4-5 thats still a massive profit even factoring the costs to get it here and sell it.  

How much more does it cost to make with Elev8 and is this why we have the 5th most expensive football shirt in the country - add to the fact we don't get it for the same amount of time as the other 91 teams, you could argue its the most expensive shirt in the country. But it is because of FFP why it's so high, its got nothing to do with it being yet another bad decision to try and do something we have proved for the last 2 years we are unable to do.

Why do we have to use a firm based 12,000 miles away, is there no one nearer who could do the same thing?

5 minutes ago, OhForAnotherShez said:

Who's that they've signed?

Door deals?

Not heard of him!

Apparently a lot is hinging on this deal ,

It's not as open and shut as you may think?

There's a great deal for the agent to handle before its pushed home ...

She's quite a pretty lass the agent ...

got a great pair of knock........... 

• Haha 6

5 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

The only 'kit' I ever had as a kid was a blue and white scarf my mother knitted me.  Oh, and later on wheen my Dad could afford it, a Blue and White Rosette. Never made me feel neglected, underprivledged or less of a Wenesdayite.

One thing which I treasure and wear to every game is a metal pin badge of the 4 leafed clover shaped Sheffield Wednesday Supporters Club Badge, bought for me, and proudly worn in 1949.

I am welling-up here. All I can hear is that Hovis tune and a lad walking up a hill with his bike as it’s too steep to peddle.

Only joking. Things are different now and not for the right reasons. The kit thing is a real point of contention. 

Edited by airborne_rat_of_s6

8 hours ago, room0035 said:

Elev8 Clothing Limited do and look who the director of the company is

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk//wcprodorder?ft=1 

That’s only so they’ve got something else on the shirt that can bring in revenue.

Like last season, the shirt will have been produced by the best offer they had from a factory willing to make them. 

14 hours ago, Ash76 said:

Yeah not good this, they should make full kits available rather than making us buy separately 

Think last season full kit cost like £72 ish as separates when previously a mini kit was around £50

I don’t actually mind paying a bit more but I don’t want to pick up a shirt and then get shorts 3 months later and socks at the end of the season as was the case last year 

Sorry Nev can't run to a full kit this year pal.