Football Heaven 2018 - 2019

9 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

It says so much about them, riding high in 3rd place yet still find the more pressing matters regarding what we are doing. 

Blessed to be an owl. I couldn’t stomach being one of them. They’re not built right. 

It is a bit barmy.

For them it's more like 'HAHAHA look Wednesday we are in third, look at us we're doing well and you're not" Rather than "we have a serious chance of promotion here lets focus on ourselves".

For them it's Hate Wednesday first then Love United.

When we were challenging for promotion for 2 years I genuinely did not care or bat an eyelid at what they were doing. I didn't care. Strange fanbase, but it is a deep rooted jealousy of historically being the smaller club in the city. No matter how better they are at football than us currently they know deep down they will always be the second biggest club in the city. After all without us they wouldn't exist.

• Thanks 1

Also whilst I condone the comment that Wednesdayite made last night. They do have short memories don't they the Blades.

Didn't they used to chant Dave Jones was a paedophile, even though he was completely innocent and the stress of it all caused the death of his father?

Idiots are idiots and every club has them. But how funny it is for them to try and take the moral high ground. Out of all the clubs in England, them lot.

United are punching way above their weight this season. Their fans know it can’t last.

The stars have aligned so far for them, a mediocre league, penalty decisions, and, playing teams out of form.

I’d be very surprised if they got promoted.

And to cap it all - 3rd in the Division and all the interest now falls on S6.

They will always be Bridesmaids, I’m afraid.

Not a glamorous Club.

It’s like putting lipstick on a pig. Not trying to be clever - it’s just a good analogy.

They will never be out of our shadow.

Edited by ReadingOwl
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

United are punching way above their weight this season. Their fans know it can’t last.

The stars have aligned so far for them, a mediocre league, penalty decisions, and, playing teams out of form.

Not a glamorous Club.

It’s like putting lipstick on a pig. Not trying to be clever - it’s just a good analogy.

I'd agree with most of that and I suspect most pig fans would too but they'd never admit it. They have the upper hand at the moment, which is why they're gobby, but like you said, we all know it's not going to last. As Wednesday fans we can all help shorten their turn in the driving seat 

54 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

Not a glamorous Club.

I think they will go up to be honest.

They’re relentless.

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

They’re relentless.

As much as I hate to say it I think they could too, last season they'd run out of steam by this time but have just scored 3 in 3 and no one else gained much ground when they had a bad spell recently (2 wins in 8) no one would want to face them in the play offs.

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

They’re relentless.

Hopefully, their form starts to tail off like it did last season...but I suspect they'll finish in the playoffs. 

As things stand, they're in with a right shout of automatic promotion. 

5 hours ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

I'm struggling to see a scenario where neither leeds or the blades go up which is so depressing. This league is so average when you look at the top 3. I didn't expect any of those teams to be up there pre season. 

Both of them and Derby as well are good at falling away after easter. The problem is only Hull seem to be making any kind of charge up the league. Could be a year of low points total for autos and playoffs.