£99 or £59 for the new shirt

16 minutes ago, Stoop said:

So the cost of the shirts has in recent years gone up from £40 to £59. But for the extra £19 you get to wear a shirt that’s not even the proper shirt

reyt then 

lol

You’ve never been able to buy the same shirt that the players wear. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Only Wednesday fans would complain about a replica shirt costing £59. That’s the going rate these days for a club like ours with expectations for being among the top 10 in England.

Either enjoy the ride and get on board or accept you aren’t the type of person that’s wanted at the club anymore, pack it up and go watch non league football where you can be happy there’s no foreigners or diving or rip off replica shirts. Leave the club to the modern fans who will back it properly.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, BIG D said:

You have

A few years ago on match day, I was in the mega store in a queue, someone official looking came in took a shirt of the rack printed Varney and his number on the back, put them FL badges on the arm and took it out of the shop, presumably for him to wear that day

3 minutes ago, BIG D said:

True its not like you've never been able to by a shirt like the team wears.....

EVER....

lol

You've got to see the funny side. You really have. 

Just now, Rebowl Yell said:

Only Wednesday fans would complain about a replica shirt costing £59. That’s the going rate these days for a club like ours with expectations for being among the top 10 in England.

Either enjoy the ride and get on board or accept you aren’t the type of person that’s wanted at the club anymore, pack it up and go watch non league football where you can be happy there’s no foreigners or diving or rip off replica shirts. Leave the club to the modern fans who will back it properly.

Dem blades £45

Just now, Stoop said:

Dem blades £45

And Rovrum is just over £40.

We are much bigger clubs than either of those and with increased standing comes increases in value for anything to do with it.

For me £40 is way too much a club like Rovrum should be charging for cheap Puma tat with a league 2 Livery but I’d say £59 is about right for a club our size at this moment in time.

14 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Well you have, it's a modern thing, this "breathable fabric" malarkey.

Granted it's been a while now, and they've been "replica kits" for years.

But £99 is still above the going rate, for such a shirt, and it's listed and a one off price!

1 hour ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Its not a compulsory purchase pal

Not enough kids hear the word "No" these days. Just say no. 

As someone else has suggested - for a kids shirt footy shirts are excellent value, because of how much wear they get. They're much better value than something you'd buy from Primark even based on a price per wear basis.

I heard george hirst has got one, think taking the "price per wear" equation into account it might prove an expensive buy.

• Haha 1

Like the design and Chansiri making the change back to stripes. But a 40 quid difference between the options how is this justifiable? Even at 59 this is a steep price for a replica shirt and a huge outlay for many Wednesday supporters including myself. 

Moisture wicking technology is used all over the place. Your socks probably have it in (if you’re wearing socks by a sports brand)

I like the move though to add a bit of value and make it limited edition.

You know how you lot all talk about how lousy our commercial operations are? Well guess what, creating more value and selling more at full price the way to do it

1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

Moisture wicking technology is used all over the place. Your socks probably have it in (if you’re wearing socks by a sports brand)

I like the move though to add a bit of value and make it limited edition.

You know how you lot all talk about how lousy our commercial operations are? Well guess what, creating more value and selling more at full price the way to do it

This ^^^

2 hours ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

I'm slim and wouldn't mind the more athletic fit... but is it worth £99.. I will have to look at it with my own eyes. £69 is expensive already.

Buy the 69 quid one 2 sizes too small,  hey presto everyone thinks you’ve spent 100 quid on the good one, sorted .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can’t believe the negativity about the pro fit option.  This has become common place at a number of clubs.

I personally would not pay £59 for a shirt for myself never mind £99 but the choice is there.  Although I do think replica shirts are for kids.

The kids shirts are a different matter and should be £30 to £35 max.

1 hour ago, Dot said:

Bring back stripes!!!!!!

oh

you brought back stripes

its too dear!!!!!

I'm not buying it

So because the club decided to move back to a design the fans like we should all be happy enough to pay more than the fans of the vast majority of clubs in this country?

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

So because the club decided to move back to a design the fans like we should all be happy enough to pay more than the fans of the vast majority of clubs in this country?

We’re a bigger club than the vast majority of tin pot chowder that props up our league structure. You pay £59 because you are buying a bespoke Wednesday shirt, that’s all there is to it.

As an aside, we will see record sales again and we will see fans decked out in this kit come next season. Once people start wearing these tomorrow at Owls in the Park other people will want one and then other people will see those people and want one. This is gonna be an absolute hit. Mr C didn’t have to give us stripes back but he did because he is an owner who cares about his fanbase, so why not show your appreciation and buy a kit for you and your kids in the comming weeks.

UTO