WORLD CUP 2018 - Matchday Thread

15 hours ago, Ethel The Tree said:

It's Maradona spouting the usual crap, probably as a follow-up to that photo of him wearing a Colombian shirt

But aside from his puerile expressions of self-importance the message seems to be aimed at the Colombian people:

'Don't be too hard on the players.'

I realize the Escobar incident was over 20 years ago but maybe this type of comment needs to be said? Dunno

As for that cheating little toad, the day he says something nice about England is the day I'll know we're doing something wrong

Maradona is a massive 

charlie

uniform

November

tango

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Watson said:

They looked a decent side when they did decide to play.  Surprised they finished the game with eleven players.  

That’s the daft thing: had they opted to take us on at football they may well have won! Reminded me of Billy Davies’ Forest side coming to Hillsborough and time wasting all match when they had demonstrably a better team than ours.

52 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

That’s the daft thing: had they opted to take us on at football they may well have won! Reminded me of Billy Davies’ Forest side coming to Hillsborough and time wasting all match when they had demonstrably a better team than ours.

A complete lack of confidence on their part.

I can't be arsed to argue wether they're a better team or not.

They couldn't perform when it mattered... the crux of knockout football.

6 hours ago, LiamAP22D said:

Maradona is a massive 

charlie

uniform

November

tango

Terry butcher holds him in similar high regard  lol

As do I.

Personally I was pleased he didn't fall from the balcony. His friends (suppliers) were holding him and making sure.

Only because some innocent down below would have copped like.

8 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

A complete lack of confidence on their part.

I can't be arsed to argue wether they're a better team or not.

They couldn't perform when it mattered... the crux of knockout football.

Sorry, I didn’t express my post very well: I wasn’t saying Colombia had a better team - just that they didn’t really try to prove it either way.

Honestly though...Is it just me or should the ref shown a bit of backbone by dishing out yellows and reds like sweets in that first half.?  It was like watching the Blades under Col.

And then there was the incidents not seen by any officials. The scuffed penalty and elbow on Sterling.

AND Colombia and the coked up windbag called Diego claim they are hard done by.

Too bizarre

Edited by HIGHERSTATE

Guest Bulgaria
13 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Not sure why it took them 85 minutes to realise they might be able to play football

Because they are horrible, cheating parasites.

It comes naturally to them, they can't help it.

Guest Bulgaria
1 minute ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Honestly though...Is it just me or should the ref shown a bit of backbone by dishing out yellows and reds like sweets in that first half.?  It was like watching the Blades under Col.

And then their was the incidents not seen by any officials. The scuffed penalty and elbow on Sterling.

AND Colombia and the coked up windbag called Diego claim they are hard done by.

Too bizarre

To blame the officials for Colombia's aggressive and pathetic cheating behaviour is way off. They can only do so much. The responsibility of behaving like professionals is up to the players and staff.

Oh... Colombia.... Ha ha ha ha

Just now, Bulgaria said:

To blame the officials for Colombia's aggressive and pathetic cheating behaviour is way off. They can only do so much. The responsibility of behaving like professionals is up to the players and staff.

Oh... Colombia.... Ha ha ha ha

Well their manager must have had some sort of 'game plan'

Guest Bulgaria
1 minute ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Well their manager must have had some sort of 'game plan'

He did.

To dive, bully, cheat and try to get fellow professionals sent off.

Didn't work did it.

How was the early flight home Colombia?

Ha ha ha.

Sorry for being childish!!

4 hours ago, pgmetcalf said:

Been blacklisted at work for suggesting England might now walk it tomorrow and urging some caution.  WTF:

Suppose it's better than being a blackshirt 

No England fan in their right mind thinks we will walk this game . We know it’s going to be close , we could easily lose , it’s the England / Wednesday way !! .

Quarter finals - first up ... Uruguay  v  France

Can't image how this'll pan out, both sides have some right drama queens

Suarez, who treats every aerial challenge as a head injury

Same with that French left back, a right babby - and Umtiti is just as bad, worse given the size of him

Actually don't care who wins but I hope we're talking about football at the end and not bad behaviour and/or play acting

I'm intrigued as a neutral by the France and Uruguay match. Two contrasting styles. France look to have bags of pace and ability going forward but don't look as strong defensively as they do going forward. Whereas Uruguay are arguably the strongest side defensively remaining in the competition, they also look strong in attack but are missing Cavani and are more reliant on their ability to defend and to defend as a team. It could be a stinker or a cracker but it's the most fascinating QF match to me.