Leeds United looking to snatch Venancio from #SWFC's grasp

19 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

There is no place for sensible, reasonable posts like this on Owlstalk. 

If you cant rant and post made up rumors , bullshine and half truths , please refrain from posting. 

Or in my case confuse the f**k out of people then life would be boring. 

50 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I was kind of hoping that the Bielsa thing had died a death - not heard anything on it for a week or so.

Looks like it is happening, but he is not always successful. He may be a role model to some truly exceptional managers, but have to ask why he would take a job in the Championship if his CV really was that stellar. 

He will also command a decent transfer budget and they are hardly solid financially if recent history is any guide.

On 14/06/2018 at 14:05, striker said:

Looks like it is happening, but he is not always successful. He may be a role model to some truly exceptional managers, but have to ask why he would take a job in the Championship if his CV really was that stellar. 

He will also command a decent transfer budget and they are hardly solid financially if recent history is any guide.

Compared to 95% of other Championship clubs, we are very solid financially. Well within P&S rules and with plenty of scope for a decent transfer budget.

4 minutes ago, just visiting said:

Compared to 95% of other Championship clubs, we are very solid financially. Well within P&S rules and with plenty of scope for a decent transfer budget.

Well done you. Enjoy your new evil genius, he'll soon sort that decent transfer budget out. It should be fun watching from 30 miles away.

Seriously, Bielsa changed football so he should deserve respect. Unfortunately he seems to have gone crazy but it's an interesting experiment.

never heard of bielsa so looked him up on the net …...seems a strong personality who does things his way whether that will be a good marriage with the car crash owners of leeds only time will tell . ...I suspect not 

1 hour ago, just visiting said:

So you're saying every other club in this Division are in a worse financial position.

That comment could only come from a Leeds fan.

I think it’s a great appointment. It might not work, and I suppose most managerial appointments are more likely not to work but at least it’s exciting. Sometimes things click and what’s the worst that can happen... he does badly and they sack him.

2 hours ago, just visiting said:

I find it ironic that every year since I've been on this forum (3/4 years now?) you come on here bigging up what a great position Leeds United are in for the season ahead. It could be your apparently superior financial position, the quality of manager, the quality of player... It's the consistent assuredness you have that gets me every time. What was Einstein's definition of madness again? 

So, go on then good sir... what do you think your chances are of finishing in a better position than mid-table? 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I find it ironic that every year since I've been on this forum (3/4 years now?) you come on here bigging up what a great position Leeds United are in for the season ahead. It could be your apparently superior financial position, the quality of manager, the quality of player... It's the consistent assuredness you have that gets me every time. What was Einstein's definition of madness again? 

So, go on then good sir... what do you think your chances are of finishing in a better position than mid-table? 

Very true. 

Perhaps this is the appointment where it all clicks for them. 

Is the current squad good enough to challenge for the top 6? Probably not, though Biesla might be able to coerce something extra out of them. 

Thing is - it's the Championship. 

For the most part, you're wasting your time trying to predict what's going to happen. 

14 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

"Compared to 95% of other championship clubs"

What does that mean ?

Arithmetic may not be a strength of his.  However I make 23 shared by 24, 0.958333 or over 95% .

• Haha 1