Clare rejected us??

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

As to the £1,500 week. I have no idea at all. 

Could well be true. Could be inaccurate. I wouldn't know either way.

Mind. Seventy two grand a year isn't a bad starting wage for someone with 5 second division starts to his name is it. I'm possibly too old fashioned.

2 hours ago, Tamworthowl said:

Villa wont be changing their style to accommodate Clare, even if they do have a bit of a clear out. Vila will have him as "one for the future", same as us, except we might give him a few more games.

I can't see anything for Clare but a return to U23s or a league 1 loan if he moves to Villa, especially if the get promoted. So why? £££

I think it more likely he will aim for a two year deal at Charlton, if he wants to develop and to play regular first team football. However, it's probably more to do with the money.

If Bruce stays as manager they will not change style. Point I was trying to make and not clearly was could not see how he would fit into team so do not think likely to happen.

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

As to the £1,500 week. I have no idea at all. 

Could well be true. Could be inaccurate. I wouldn't know either way.

Mind. Seventy two grand a year isn't a bad starting wage for someone with 5 second division starts to his name is it. I'm possibly too old fashioned.

Five second div games (four starts, and one sub against they who shall remain nameless) doesn't tell the whole story, m'lud. Compare these stats with those of the other young uns who've accepted offers. And also compare the ages. (Clare will be 22 in September -- hardly an academy kid in a profession where the estimated period for real earning power is roughly only eight years.)

https://www.transfermarkt.com/sean-clare/leistungsdaten/spieler/425456

As for some of the other comments in this thread about players thinking they are better than they are, I can't name any top sportsperson who achieved anything without believing in their own ability.

Much as it pains me, the club has been way off the mark in recent years in terms of pushing good young uns through to the first team (can you imagine Hirst or Clare signing for a team "managed" by CC?). Let's hope that Jos and Katrien can convince the chairman that there really is another way. 

He has big potential if he gets his head down. He would get more game time with us and that would develop his game. But, If he wants to go then go. I won't lose sleep like some of our fans. I want players who want to play for us. Not young kids wanting huge money when they've done sod all. UTO

Who cah blame him for leaving? Under the present repressive regime at Hillsborough, Clare could never move his career forward. 

It's more than possible that he's had the Hirst treatment after refusing a new contract. His season ending injury was too convenient. So he joined the list of outcasts with fake injuries. 

Is it any surprise he's leaving such a club that seems to have so many unanswered questions and weird happenings. 

4 minutes ago, Olibeak said:

Much as it pains me, the club has been way off the mark in recent years in terms of pushing good young uns through to the first team (can you imagine Hirst or Clare signing for a team "managed" by CC?). Let's hope that Jos and Katrien can convince the chairman that there really is another way. 

It's the old thing isn't it. 

The difference between self belief and self delusion.

Confidence and arrogance.

Which is it? Who knows.  I don't.  I don't know the lad. 

The route to the first team had opened since CC went.

And also due to the incredible injury crisis. 

Those who have been given a chance have grasped them, done well and been offered deals and signed them.  I think they've looked at the club  and decided there's going to be opportunities to play and further increase their stock and earning power.  

Others might  think a different way.

I'm sure that Luhukay and Meire have been working together to sort things out. If they have limits they aren't prepared to go past ...then that's that. 

23 minutes ago, Mrmason69 said:

Who cah blame him for leaving? Under the present repressive regime at Hillsborough, Clare could never move his career forward. 

It's more than possible that he's had the Hirst treatment after refusing a new contract. His season ending injury was too convenient. So he joined the list of outcasts with fake injuries. 

Is it any surprise he's leaving such a club that seems to have so many unanswered questions and weird happenings. 

And there is your root cause. You don't actually name him, but it starts from the top.

23 minutes ago, Mrmason69 said:

Any evidence of this repressive regime? 

This repressive regime that has seen 8 players from the youth side get first first team games?

The regime so repressive that a host of young players have all signed new deals and expressed their absolute delight at commuting their futures and how much they are looking forward to next season?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

This repressive regime that has seen 8 players from the youth side get first first team games?

The regime so repressive that a host of young players have all signed new deals and expressed their absolute delight at commuting their futures and how much they are looking forward to next season?

He has no flippin evidence. 

A complete idiot who is continually allowed to post lies and unsubstantiated sh*te. 

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

Lost count of the times he won’t back up his spurious claims. He’ll not answer - draw your own conclusions from that.

Just now, Sonny said:

Lost count of the times he won’t back up his spurious claims. He’ll not answer - draw your own conclusions from that.

Sometimes I think it's a Neil parody account.