If #SWFC were promoted to the Premiership

On 05/05/2018 at 10:00, RobbieOwler said:

I think what happens today and the next couple of games for Swansea will give us a little bit of a vision on how we would have performed if we had got promoted. 

The Carlos love-in by the media seems to have died down, they're in bad form and have a winnable game today before taking on two relegation rivals. As a Wednesday fan I'm still none the wiser what to expect from him (apart from going from a charming attacking based manager to a grump who plays negative football).

I believe we would have stayed up and performed far better than Hull and probably Huddersfield, who I'm expecting to go back down, but this metaphorical situation relies on Carlos' approach with swansea, I think we would have been in a similar situation if we were promoted.

Does it matter we got Jos now not co co the clown

With no ffp restrictions it would be interesting to see how wide the purse strings would go. With someone around dc with footballing common sense in relation to contracts etc it would be possible that we could be top half

Just seen some very poor football played by a Sansea team and they lacked energy in second half. CC is not a good manager his teams are too static. Very few of our players could cut it in Premier League buying old has beens is not planning for Premiership. It would have been a terrible season regardless ofhow much DC put in as money would have been wasted by Doyen on rubbish.

We now seem to understand we need players who will improve not deteriorate so future is more rosy.

We wouldn’t struggle, we’d survive ok. On reaching the Premiership, Mr C (and his friends) would chuck money at it, and buy players who wouldn’t consider playing in any other English division than the Premiership.

He’s not short of a bob or two to invest you know.

With our then recruitment team loving an older player with questionable fitness on a multi year contract, I'm only confident they would have got it as wrong as they actually did in reality on a much more catastrophic level! A shot in the dark would be like Johan djorou on 35-40k a week to be injured

On 5/5/2018 at 21:05, Lincs Owl said:

If we got promoted to the Premiership, we would be playing in SCOTLAND.

FOR THE UMPTEENTH TIME, ITS THE PREMIER LEAGUE IN ENGLAND. 

Excellent, I used it deliberately. It was the Premiership when we were in it (from 1993-2001).

Can't believe it took someone this long to get angry over something so pointless.

22 minutes ago, gypsyowl said:

FYI it hasn't been called the 'Premiership' since 2007

It's the Premier League nowa days :biggrin:

The only 'Premiership' is up north

Just a bit of a pet hate I have lol 

I thought it was till 2001 under the sponsorship of Carling Black Label.

There's still people who call Snickers Marathons or Starburst Opal Fruits, it's all nostalgia. I'm just more nostalgic than envious of the top flight of English football. 

Really hope we get to the Premiership soon. 

Would love to see Premiership football at Hillsborough.

Just think how exciting it would be signing Premiership players. 

Premiership. 

On 08/05/2018 at 22:09, Quist said:

Very few of our players could cut it in Premier League buying old has beens is not planning for Premiership.

I would argue that Westwood, Wildsmith, Lees, Fred (if he continues to develop), Hunt, Reach, Lee, Bannan, Hutch (when fit), Joao, Hooper and Fernando would do just fine in the PL

1 hour ago, Minton said:

I would argue that Westwood, Wildsmith, Lees, Fred (if he continues to develop), Hunt, Reach, Lee, Bannan, Hutch (when fit), Joao, Hooper and Fernando would do just fine in the PL

Westwood, Hunt, Bannan, Hutchinson, Hooper and FF were all at premier clubs and hardly got a game.

I dare say 2 or 3 may cut it but generally well short in my opinion.