If #SWFC were promoted to the Premiership

Wednesday getting promoted is surely a sign of the end-times, by the time we get there the top six will be in some European super-league and they'll be no money left in domestic football rights and we'll still get our asses handed to us by the likes of f--kin Burnley ffs.

Edited by TrueOwl

2 hours ago, Quist said:

We played a similar style to that in Championship for 18 months.

Not sure about that.

I found it strange last season how Wagner was praised for his style when actually they were worse than we were. The difference  of course being that they got promoted. If we had been promoted then I suspect not many on here would be still going on about our style of football. 

53 minutes ago, Wakefield owl said:

Not sure about that.

I found it strange last season how Wagner was praised for his style when actually they were worse than we were. The difference  of course being that they got promoted. If we had been promoted then I suspect not many on here would be still going on about our style of football. 

There were key similarities in they pushed full backs high as did we. Both teams allowed opposition to have ballin nonoffensive areas and denied them space inattacking areas.They had pace option which we did noy so they could get away with a defensive shape.

Other difference is we had this shape all previous season and teams had learned how to counter offensive variation and so went with defensive shape each game.

We got credit previous season but once became familiar and worked out it was old news.He had been under radar for few months in country and his success got attention.

CC is a slower version of what he does and you can see similar played in Iberian peninsular every weekend. My complaint about CC is he never learned to adapt he was a one trick pony who does not understand Northern european football. He proved  theory at swansea.

You can notsay you did not know how he wasgoing to play everyone did..

13 hours ago, TrueOwl said:

Wednesday getting promoted is surely a sign of the end-times, by the time we get there the top six will be in some European super-league and they'll be no money left in domestic football rights and we'll still get our asses handed to us by the likes of f--kin Burnley ffs.

Yes, as a Burnley fan, it is worrying that the next TV deal is LESS money than the current one.

In about 10 years, unless you already have a super-rich owner like Wolves, it won't be worthwhile for many clubs to get promoted.

As it stands, if Huddersfield stay up for another couple of seasons, they'll be Yorkshire's strongest club.

Edited by ReluctantNicko