Lucas Joao

4 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

I honestly think he lives on his own hype....he scores three or four then thinks hes made it!!

That occurs to me too. I hope we are both wrong.

Its hard to say because his style is so languid. I used to stomp around the pitch with the languidity (???) of a baby elephant so it akways looked like I was at least giving my all, even when my all wasn’t very much. 

Got it to give him plenty of credit this season, and the benefit of any doubt. 

2 hours ago, torres said:

His goals are a bonus - when he's on it, he's the best forward we have - last 3 games he's dropped his own personal levels in my opinion.

Not sure where you've got best forward we have from. On his day he is very good player no doubt, but that is only once every 5 games. He's not fit to lace Hoopers boots. And this is not me slating Joao either cos hes alright on his day but to say when hes on it hes our best striker then your watching a different player

Our problems are not in the attacking department.

Our defence and midfield has little or no quality whatsoever (other than Bannan, possibly Lee).

Bannan is the only player capable of making things happen attack wise and has been badly missed again recently.

Due to the awful recruitment and our naive chairman being roundly fleeced, we are saddled with poor players who will come up short time and again 

Reach, Wallace, Jones, Palmer, Boyd - not good enough for top ten championship.

Abdi, Hutchinson - crocks, no good to anyone, sat in the stands most games. 

Other than Tom Lees there's not much quality at the back (Pudil won't last another long season at this level).

No-one seems to know which option is best for goalkeeper position either.

We are absolutely crying out for some fast wide players, an outlet for when we gain possession and a supply line to our strikers - Hooper, Nuhui , Joao, FF , Rhodes, Fletcher - all well capable of scoring goals at this level IF they get opportunities which decent wingers/ midfield players will provide. We currently have neither of these options.

I, like many, have no idea how much money we have to bring in new additions to solve these problems and am aware that we are stuck with most of the garbage for at least another season but I hope to god someone at the club can see what people in the stands can see and will look to recruit defenders and midfield/ wingers (we don't need to spend £££, the pigs can do it).

Over to you :Chansiri:  Either way I'll be sat in the stand watching it! 

UTO

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

That occurs to me too. I hope we are both wrong.

Its hard to say because his style is so languid. I used to stomp around the pitch with the languidity (???) of a baby elephant so it akways looked like I was at least giving my all, even when my all wasn’t very much. 

Got it to give him plenty of credit this season, and the benefit of any doubt. 

He's genuinely frustrating...on his day he is unplayable and the next he would be better sat in the south suppin bovril.

Seems to me that Joao's form dips when he plays twice in 7 days. Conversly Nuhiu seems to thrive on 2 games per week.

Unfortunately the Championship fixture list demands we play 2 games per week for lots of the season.

Perhaps we should have more strikers to pair with Atdhe to keep Joao fresh and raring to go.....Oh hang on a minute

5 hours ago, Mr Hooper said:

I've seen the stats and do agree, but also Hooper and Fessi had a good win ratio if I remember correctly.

In an ideal world I wouldn't ever play Fessi upfront...but then again, in an ideal world we don't have a manager who plays so narrow and doesn't use wingers/wide forwards.

a 4-2-3-1 would be ideal for us.

Then Fessi can play out wide in a free role.

Some one posted earlier that this is Jossie's preferred line up.

3 hours ago, Owlbert Einstein said:

Not sure where you've got best forward we have from. On his day he is very good player no doubt, but that is only once every 5 games. He's not fit to lace Hoopers boots. And this is not me slating Joao either cos hes alright on his day but to say when hes on it hes our best striker then your watching a different player

When on his game - Fast, strong, 2 good feet, strong in the air, runs the centre backs all over the place, serious goal threat, can pick a pass, gives us a variety of options in terms of playing it short to his feet, over the top or down the channels and is rarely injured. I also think he can drag the team through with his performances.

Not slating Hooper but I think we need the other players round him to play well and make up for his lack of pace and work rate - technically top drawer, athletically far from it.