Safe Standing gets rejected

1 hour ago, canadianowl said:

Safe standing is the future for football atmospheres. Orlando City built their new home ground with a home end terrace and it's beautiful!
image.thumb.png.f7f3aefe8f486c04811ebdac92454eb8.png

BpyhktZCUAAzPwP.jpg

Really ?  Second picture isnt Orlando? I thought it was crap, every position has a  purple cup holder and two male cheerleaders organise which songs come next. Even my 14 yr old thought  it was tacky. And as for safe ! Maybe not every time they jumped up and down the bolts fell out. See second picture. 

7728E6F5-F883-4C80-95B5-180D846A579B.jpeg

994C6F7C-2850-4DCC-ABCA-7EEEBC728065.jpeg

When people argue against safe standing by saying “why would we want to go back to how it was?” are completely missing the point. Safe standing and stadiums in general are nothing like what they were in 1989. 

The great irony of the Hillsborough campaign is that their obstinence on this issue is increasing the risk of a serious accident happening soon in an away end with people standing behind seats with no rail. 

I fear that no Government will sanction safe standing.

Its  a bonkers decision and clearly in modern stadiums safe standing is much safer than the present arrangements.

Of course there is an alternative in that clubs may now come under pressure to enforce sitting (using CCTV or similar to ban offenders) Pretty difficult for away fans I accept but there are ways this can be done.

Authoritarian and nanny state = no fun at the football

2 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

Burton haven't had 3 seasons in the Championships yet, so they are allowed to have standing.  The 3 year rule was allowed to give clubs time to make the necessary stadium changes.  

Brentford have passed 3 years and were given an exemption.

1 minute ago, Brommers said:

Brentford have passed 3 years and were given an exemption.

Because they are moving into a new ground shortly which will not have any standing.

Ermmmm do West Brom sell out their ground?? Can’t see much point unless for example the ground holds 20k (I know it doesn’t) and week in week out they sell out and still have thousands more wanting tickets??? 

But if they don’t sell out the ground anyway what’s the point ???

Edited by Lomas613

So the campaign continues, not be long before we reach a turning point. There is already a cross party group of MPs campaigning for safe standing at Carrow Road. It's becoming political now. We'll have it at Hillsborough within 5 years.

I don't see the problem with safe standing. Its not as if fans would turn up late or drunk, without tickets and try to force their way in. Even if that did ever happen (which clearly we all know it did not :rolleyes:) ,there is proper CCTV and safety stewards and better policing these days. 

Politicians - authoritarian to the last...

4 hours ago, mkowl said:

It's a bit of a joke in that standing is allowed at gigs where there is moshing, crowd surfing and general over crowding at the front in a darkened room with flashing lights where a lot of folk are p1ssed and can keep drinking 

That was some Barry Manilow concert that mate!

WTF: