Sky sports and Matt Murray...

1 minute ago, jonesy87shef said:

Usually think Murray does a very good job and just like Neil Mellor has improved 10 fold as a commentator and pundit.

However today it was obvious there was bias towards Sunderland. That being said as others have pointed out, they are at home and are hoping for a great escape. That’s where the story is.

Sunderland fans have had poo for a few years and I won’t begrudge then some sympathy when they are going down 2 seasons in a row and we’ve left with the 3 points. 

Ryan Mason thk Hi. Has there ever been a worse pundit? Awful what happened to him, but needs a career change fast. 

Yea..I ought to be more circumspect and remember how f.ookin' well we have been doing for the last 2 sodding decades .... lol

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

To be fair to sky Sunderland doing a great escape is a better story than us easing into mid table so can understand them peddling that angle, but Murray didn’t have to look and sound so gutted when we scored. Has he any affiliation to Sunderland he might as well of had a red and white striped shirt on.

Agree a Sunderland escape act would help their viewing figures but Murray’s summaries were an absolute disgrace today. I’ve nothing against Sunderland as a club and good luck to them in their quest to stay in this division. I suggest to Murray he watches the footage of the “ penalty “ incident again as it was a clear dive and the player should have been booked

5 minutes ago, Will69 said:

You lot are mental. Everyone loves it when Stelling goes mad over Pools and loads of them famously openly support clubs yet as soon as they ham it up to make the telly a bit interesting and were involved the old “everybody hates us” comes out.

Were a second division club no sod has heard of for a couple of decades, why should the media treat us with reverence?

That's a disgraceful comment, you need to have a word with yourself nipper.

That being said, i'm booking myself in for an assessment just in case you're right.

• Haha 1

Can see where Sky were coming from. Sunderland's future (this season) is the point of interest in that match, not us. Commentators in football are very rarely going to be completely impartial are they? I mean, they wouldn't be footy supporters if they were!

Sunderland got stuffed by us. Let's f***in' enjoy it, yes?

lol

Edited by Owl Be Back

4 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

That's a disgraceful comment, you need to have a word with yourself nipper.

That being said, i'm booking myself in for an assessment just in case you're right.

He’s right though, I was 11 last time we were in the Premier league. Outside our region people my age who aren’t super clued up on football probably think we are a perennial second division team. 

There is absolutely no reason whatsoever why the entire country would have some sort of vindictive desire to see Sheffield Wednesfay fail, in fact I’ve only ever seen the opposite on my travels. People are often curious about the name, want to know about the connections with Owls and usually wish us well. 

Edited by Rebowl Yell

10 minutes ago, Will69 said:

You lot are mental. Everyone loves it when Stelling goes mad over Pools and loads of them famously openly support clubs yet as soon as they ham it up to make the telly a bit interesting and were involved the old “everybody hates us” comes out.

Were a second division club no sod has heard of for a couple of decades, why should the media treat us with reverence?

Who's asking for reverence?...I'm asking for impartiality...and I suggest you look back at it, and ask if that was impartial..It was bloody ludicrous...

1 minute ago, Rebowl Yell said:

He’s right though, I was 11 last time we were in the Premier league. Outside our region people my age who aren’t super clued up on football probably think we are a perennial second division team. 

There is absolutely no reason whatsoever why the entire country would have some sort of vindictive to see Sheffield Wednesfay fail, in fact I’ve only ever seen the opposite. People are often curious about the name, want to know about the connections with Owls and wish us well. 

I was TTP

I think we've become a marmite team, some people like us and take interest, others hate us for many unknown reasons. Brighton for example had a strange hatred for us because of our humour on our own forum, beating them in the playoffs reinforced that even more. Man United fans on their forum had nice things to say about us during the playoffs. 

Edited by ohgoditsjames

18 minutes ago, Will69 said:

Showing emotion for the team you support like Stelling etc. is to be expected.

No need to 'ham it up' from Murray though, just tell it like it is. It wasn't a great game but to give the impression Sunderland dominated and were unlucky is plain wrong. Why does it make it any more interesting or more of a story than saying Sunderland are woeful and go to pieces every time they concede?

24 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

It wasn't a great war at all. A lot of people died and that.

Yeah but it's like that time I had 3 heart attacks...and then kidney failure...then Mrs C V.1 left me.

It's a big pudding bowl of shizzle...it wasn't great...as in the party meaning...it was great in the large sense.

WTF!?

22 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

Usually think Murray does a very good job and just like Neil Mellor has improved 10 fold as a commentator and pundit.

However today it was obvious there was bias towards Sunderland. That being said as others have pointed out, they are at home and are hoping for a great escape. That’s where the story is.

Sunderland fans have had poo for a few years and I won’t begrudge then some sympathy when they are going down 2 seasons in a row and we’ve left with the 3 points. 

Ryan Mason thk Hi. Has there ever been a worse pundit? Awful what happened to him, but needs a career change fast. 

As you say, to have his career ended early in such a way was devastating for him. Although it is good that he has been afforded the opportunity to work in the game and has done some media training to back this up he shouldn't have been thrown in at the deep end as it were so early. He has done some fairly high-profile punditry lately and often looks & sounds nervous and out of place.

30 minutes ago, Will69 said:

It's always everyone else with you, isn't it.     It's like you want to be the only, errr, different one in the village.

BTW, Hi Ho Sheffield Flipping Wednesday.   Numnut.

• Haha 1