Sky sports and Matt Murray...

11 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Showing emotion for the team you support like Stelling etc. is to be expected.

No need to 'ham it up' from Murray though, just tell it like it is. It wasn't a great game but to give the impression Sunderland dominated and were unlucky is plain wrong. Why does it make it any more interesting or more of a story than saying Sunderland are woeful and go to pieces every time they concede?

Why do you even care? We won, his team lost. Move on.

2 minutes ago, HubristicClapper said:

It's always everyone else with you, isn't it.     It's like you want to be the only, errr, different one in the village.

BTW, Hi Ho Sheffield Flipping Wednesday.   Numnut.

Yep.

MENTAL.

55 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

Just been watching Matt Murray’s summary....my god. What a biased throw hound. Absolutely gutted he was. 

I've been saying this for 2 years every time he commentates on one of our games he is totally biased towards whoever we play.The bloke is an absolute tool and he could manage to make a Barcelona deal Madrid cup finally at 4-4 sound like a funeral wake.Rant over

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

Sky sports an' Matt f.ookin' Murray are sorry to announce that a valiant Sunderland side got stuffed by Sheffield Wednesday this afternoon...

Impartial Murray announced, almost in tears that Sheffield Wednesday" had taken the lead" through Lucas Joao.....but was immediately in raptures when a plucky Sunderland levelled within 2 minutes...

Then as most folk thought he was announcin' the death of his f.ookin' dog....Viewers heard "Goal" in a murmer reminiscent of Sir Edward Grey, who in 1914 announced "The lamps are going out all over Europe" prior to the great war, as The Wednesday got a second

It was obvious Sheffield Wednesday had completed the rout as the host of the show asked Murray if he would like to take a minute to f.ookin' compose himself before describing Sheffield Wednesdays 3rd....

Watched this and spent the afternoon chuntering round the kitchen that’s this stinky flaps hates us. Thought it was just me lol

28 minutes ago, Will69 said:

Why do you even care? We won, his team lost. Move on.

I am not overly bothered, it's not a big deal or something I will lose sleep over, just passing comment having made an observation. Sorry for having an opinion. Oh, and it is not his team, he is supposed to be providing an impartial overview of what actually occurred.

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

Sky sports an' Matt f.ookin' Murray are sorry to announce that a valiant Sunderland side got stuffed by Sheffield Wednesday this afternoon...

Impartial Murray announced, almost in tears that Sheffield Wednesday" had taken the lead" through Lucas Joao.....but was immediately in raptures when a plucky Sunderland levelled within 2 minutes...

Then as most folk thought he was announcin' the death of his f.ookin' dog....Viewers heard "Goal" in a murmer reminiscent of Sir Edward Grey, who in 1914 announced "The lamps are going out all over Europe" prior to the great war, as The Wednesday got a second

It was obvious Sheffield Wednesday had completed the rout as the host of the show asked Murray if he would like to take a minute to f.ookin' compose himself before describing Sheffield Wednesdays 3rd....

If you hadn't started this topic, I would have.  The ponce (ex Wolves, Kingstonian, Slough Town, Tranmere and Hereford) could not have demonstrated his bias any more, if he had dressed up in a red & white tracksuit, waved a rattle and perched a black fekkin' cat on his shoulder.  Mystified why he felt such affection for the Mackems... or could it be hatred of (rejection by) the Wednesday at some stage in his not-so-illustrious career? Not-a-Neutral. TF he didn't choose refereeing, cos we'd have got him, SAS. 

I suspect the narrative of Sunderland and the "great escape" was fed to him by the Sky producers. 

Needless to say, he was about as subtle with that narrative as a brick to the face. 

Can remember something very similar happening a few years back when we played Bournemouth in a game and Paul Walsh was doing the reporting. I think if Bournemouth won they'd be all but promoted to the Premier League and we spoiled the party by grabbing a late equaliser. Walsh was clearly annoyed that we'd managed to do this. 

1 hour ago, zico.b said:

Always been one I could never work out, as well.

1. They beat us in the 1983 FA Cup Semi Final.

2. We beat them over two legs in the 2016 Play Off Semi Final.

Apart from that no history whatsoever.

Bizarre.

We've been taking the mickey out of them over being a poor southern imitation Wednesday (due to the kits) for as long was I can remember. Certainly since the early 70's. Suspect we got under their skin with it.

I couldn't give a shiny s*it about what pundits or summarisers say or act when talking about a match Wednesday are in. I dont expect them to be sat there tearing the head off it when we do something good or score a goal either. The outpouring of "they hate Wednesday" posts and comments this year has been a bit weird. 

8 minutes ago, NorfolkNChance said:

I couldn't give a shiny s*it about what pundits or summarisers say or act when talking about a match Wednesday are in. I dont expect them to be sat there tearing the head off it when we do something good or score a goal either. The outpouring of "they hate Wednesday" posts and comments this year has been a bit weird. 

Paragraphs.

You're normally good at them.

WTF!?

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

Looked a nailed on penalty to me, we were very lucky.

It looked like a dive to me and never a penalty. Call up VAR :ph34r:

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

To be fair most of the hatred comes from fans looking on places like Owlstalk trying to gauge opinion before playing us and getting hit with comments about how tinpot and small other clubs are compared to us.

Our online presence doesn’t seem to collate with how I feel we are as a fanbase for some reason. I think we have a pretty respectful, honest and decent set of fans but you wouldn’t think that looking at Owlstalk or that other fansite. Here a lot of us come across as spiteful, angry, paranoid, delusional and unbalanced. Hopefully a lot of it is down to blunts on the windup trying to make us look bad.