Jos WILL BE IN CHARGE NEXT SEASON!

Guest Arcadianrocket

Despite the win, Jos is a meh manager for me.

Starts 1 upfront at home. Every fan in the ground knew Joao should have started.

56 minutes ago, Quist said:

I heard he was conservative and played 4-2-3-1 formation, but we have had 5-3-2 and 5-4-1 which just stifles your attacking threat. Hence my commentthink situation has resultedin an even more cautious approach.

Thing with formations is, its not that a formation is defensive or attacking as such, but more the fact of how its utilised.

For instance a 4-2-3-1 yes sounds defensive, yet with the 2 solid holding midfielders it allows all 4 players ahead to have freedom to attack and get forward along with both fullbacks whilst still leaving a strong platform to build from. 

I'm really beginning to warm to having Jos here as a manager now and gaining faith as we're improving under his tenure as players get fit and others return from injury. 

Also massive "Big up"  to Jos for turning our goal shy lampooned so called donkey into a very good striker that's playing out of his skin and raming the words of his critics (I'll admit I've been one these last couple of seasons) down their throats. Nuhiu is smiling, the team is smiling, there's a spring beginning to return to our play and its All down to Jos. 

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
11 minutes ago, AracdianDreamer said:

Starts 1 upfront at home. Every fan in the ground knew Joao should have started.

Not necessarily. Jos is still managing a decimated squad and he'll have had an eye on Monday too. If we'd started with Joao alongside Nuhiu we'd have had two spectators rather than one up front given how the midfield (Bannan excepted) performed first half.  Joao did very well when he came on but it was noticeable how Fox and Hunt (especially) got forward more second half and caused problems. I'd be amazed if what was being delivered by the wing backs and midfield was what Jos envisioned or demanded before the game.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
5 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Thing with formations is, its not that a formation is defensive or attacking as such, but more the fact of how its utilised.

For instance a 4-2-3-1 yes sounds defensive, yet with the 2 solid holding midfielders it allows all 4 players ahead to have freedom to attack and get forward along with both fullbacks whilst still leaving a strong platform to build from. 

I'm really beginning to warm to having Jos here as a manager now and gaining faith as we're improving under his tenure as players get fit and others return from injury. 

Also massive "Big up"  to Jos for turning our goal shy lampooned so called donkey into a very good striker that's playing out of his skin and raming the words of his critics (I'll admit I've been one these last couple of seasons) down their throats. Nuhiu is smiling, the team is smiling, there's a spring beginning to return to our play and its All down to Jos. 

Yes and not just Nuhiu. Joao has started to consistently look the real deal now under Jos.

The blokes done a cracking job with less than half a squad from a standing start hes got the best out of those hes worked with,improved a few,given debuts to some promising talent and were starting to climb the table.

He instigated a sensible injuries policy,that the players are beggining to buy into

The guy deserves a crack next season IMO.

• Thanks 1

The team Jos inherited due to injuries had very little quality in terms of depth of squad..they didn't have the skill to attack successfully..maybe he realised this and just tried to get them to defend first..which was painful to observe cos they werent very good at that aswell..hopefully horses for courses and with better players now he maybe able to encourage a more attacking mindset..remember he has achieved promotions and I can't believe he did that with the defensive drivel we had to suffer watching. If so those leagues must be awful to watch..

I am not sure we are totally safe yet, (forever the optimist) fat singing ladies and all that..let's just not lose next game..

46 minutes ago, AracdianDreamer said:

Not every fan, although a strange decision we have another game in 2 days and it did prove to be a shroud move. Give hime the credit he deserves tonight

41 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Fully agree with this.

11 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

Like his predecessor (certainly for the last year or so of his time with us), I'd like to see his tactics being a little less terrified of the opposition. Too often recently we've been impassive and lacking in energy as if we're just waiting for the inevitable defeat, even though we do have some worthwhile attacking talent being starved of opportunities.

Jordan Rhodes?

9 hours ago, Gingernuts said:

Just one look at Carlos’s CV should have set alarm bells ringing. The man is/was a one season wonder. This Guy (Jos) has a good track record. He is no mug. We need to get behind him big time. 

Agree. He's definitely not a mug. Would be wise for him to stay on for next season. Has promotion experience. Not a show-boater either. We should let him crack on with it.

IMHO.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Whilst we won 4-1 yesterday, I am still not confident with Jos. His team selections & tactics leave me baffled at times. 

He’s not the man to lead us next season in my opinion. 

Luhukay's hands have been tied by an almost unprecedented injury crisis and a general lack of fitness among the rest of the squad, meaning he's had to find ways of managing a threadbare squad of what were previously considered backup players through a gruelling few months of Championship football.

If that means that at times he's thought it wise to adopt a defensively-minded approach or start with players who many fans (who aren't party to training ground performances or medical advice which could influence the manager's decisions) don't rate, then I think we have to be understanding of that.

Luhukay may turn out to be a mediocre manager for us, but it's far too early to judge him based on what he's had to work with up to this point. He's already managed to coax the kind of goal-scoring out of Nuhiu and João that we could previously only dream of, and all while guiding João back towards match fitness after months of barely featuring. Lees, Bannan and Hutchinson's return to the team have already made us look much more competitive, and if Forestieri can feature regularly from now on, then Luhukay may finally have a Championship squad worthy of the name to choose from.

Give him a full pre-season to up their fitness levels and drill his way of playing into them, and then we can fairly start to judge him. Until then, he's just been firefighting, really.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Morepork said:

But Neil said he isn't!!!?? 

Now I don't know who to believe.....I'm completely torn!! 

or could it be Jos is taking Nuhiu with him to his next club...WTFlol

Yep, Neil said Jos was leaving in May. It resulted in posts being deleted, threads being moved to obscure corners of Owlstalk and a 7 page "Braddo" thread which went batsh.t crazy. 

So Neil, is Jos leaving or not? :Chansiri:

• Haha 1