Jos WILL BE IN CHARGE NEXT SEASON!

12 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

Like his predecessor (certainly for the last year or so of his time with us), I'd like to see his tactics being a little less terrified of the opposition. Too often recently we've been impassive and lacking in energy as if we're just waiting for the inevitable defeat, even though we do have some worthwhile attacking talent being starved of opportunities.

I think they will be.  he still doesn't know a lot of the squad, how they play or what there capabilities are as they're sat in the treatment room.

as players starr coming back to 100% match fitness I expect that tactics and playing style will change.  damage limitation was the first port of call.  now we can hopefully move forwards again

I think he did a pretty good job when he came in with an injury hit squad.  He seems to learn by his mistakes and probably has done enough to lead the team into next season.  That said, I'd like to see how we perform over the remaining 7 games now that some of our big guns are back o see how we perform.

11 hours ago, Lichfield alien said:

Correctamondo...I like him..but he needs to be a bit more positive

Hard to be more attacking and flamboyant when you've not had any of your flair players to rely on. 

We got bannan back for a bit last week we beat Leeds. 

We had nando on the bench and bannan gave a good hour today and we beat a very solid Preston side 4-1. 

I'm sure when everyone is fit and back out on the pitch Jos will show far more attacking intent and creativity, it's just hard to do that with a midfield of Jones, buttercup and boyd as they only have a 5ft sideways pass between them and no ability to beat a man either with clever play or with the ball at feet. 

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
11 hours ago, hawksmore said:

He couldn't progress with either club once promoted though and since leaving, both clubs have improved somewhat.

Rather than parrot what people on here keep saying, go and have a look at the clubs he managed and how they were playing under his tenure and what lead them to appointing Jos and subsequently getting rid.

He'll do for me if he gets us promoted. We can worry about whether he's the right man to keep us there then. He has managed bigger clubs than us.

Jos had 3 promotions from Bundesliga 2 ,the one with Hertha Berlin set a record number of points for that league,I don't know how strong that league was compared to the Championship,but I do know that he has improved what players he's had available, the two main examples being Atdhe and Lucas.Hope we keep him long enough to see what he can do.

13 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

Like his predecessor (certainly for the last year or so of his time with us), I'd like to see his tactics being a little less terrified of the opposition. Too often recently we've been impassive and lacking in energy as if we're just waiting for the inevitable defeat, even though we do have some worthwhile attacking talent being starved of opportunities.

That sums up the 1st half yesterday, like watching a 'Carlos' team, maybe because we had to make room for Bannan by dropping Joao, but he changed it at half time.

I always said that I will reserve my opinion of Jossie till the end of the season, but the more I see, and hear, of him I like him.

His teams are pragmatic, organised and disciplined, with just enough flair.

How can you not be happy with him? Look what he’s done  with Joao and Nuhiu, yes he’s experimented at times but that’s due to the squad being depleted so he’s had to juggle a few formations. Give him till Christmas at least to first judge him 

Jos has steadied a mutiny on a sinking ship. Hes also been putting out fires left, right, centre.

not to mention being the middle man, friend of everybody (players an chairman)

then we get to the football side. His sorting out of the back line has been mightily impressive, last few games under CC and the 3 or 4 under bullen we had become a joke at the back and i was worried for us.

He has played multiple systems, maybe not always with success yet but you learn from your failures too, not that they can really be described as failures when you are doing this with square pegs in round holes out of necessity. but we know CC lack of movement on formations cost us at times.

then we come to the players, the day jos arrived certain players were not seen as good (1st team) players for us, now they are, the players i mean are Wildsmith Venancio Pudil Thornily Fox (LCB) Matias Joao Nuhiu Clare even Jones and Reach have Improved under Jos.

So why Haven't lots of the fans taken to him?

they say hes quite negative, and at times he has been, but if he picked the side you scream out for every week half of the players i mentioned above wouldnt have got a sniff. CC talks about poo performing players still being worth £20, and i hear he got that from some pro lecturer, well sorry but Jos has blown that theory out the water as he has improved the value of lots of our squad members.

I too would be negative at times with the available squad and confidence of everyone in the gutter. 

It needs to be remembered also that Jos started with a blank canvas on all the players which means he will have to learn on the job about players, sometimes during games, and by 'learn' i mean stuff even us fans would already know. for me that renders any criticism of his tactics/formations as daft.

Lastly lets talk about Jos demeanor on the touchline or with the media, this one thing proves managers have no chance of getting it right as fans moaned about CCs loudness, soundbites and performances and are now moaning about Jos who is almost the polar opposite! 

Some managers talk about themselves alot, big themselves up. the fans may lap it up but it is just masking an insecurity in them, I am delighted at the way Jos doesnt pander to the media/fans, it shows an inner confidence in himself and shows he is concentrating on the job in hand.

For all his faults so far, Next season he will better for them. our better players all back and all fully MATCH fit, with a Jos pre-season behind them. and a greater knowledge of the league for Jos, compared to the day he joined.

Jos' part season hes had this year will stand him in great stead for an assault on the top 2 next year, he will feel like he has tanks in his armour, compared to a slingshot this season. i bet hes super confident.

4 minutes ago, GY-owl.4 said:

Jos has steadied a mutiny on a sinking ship. Hes also been putting out fires left, right, centre.

not to mention being the middle man, friend of everybody (players an chairman)

then we get to the football side. His sorting out of the back line has been mightily impressive, last few games under CC and the 3 or 4 under bullen we had become a joke at the back and i was worried for us.

He has played multiple systems, maybe not always with success yet but you learn from your failures too, not that they can really be described as failures when you are doing this with square pegs in round holes out of necessity. but we know CC lack of movement on formations cost us at times.

then we come to the players, the day jos arrived certain players were not seen as good (1st team) players for us, now they are, the players i mean are Wildsmith Venancio Pudil Thornily Fox (LCB) Matias Joao Nuhiu Clare even Jones and Reach have Improved under Jos.

So why Haven't lots of the fans taken to him?

they say hes quite negative, and at times he has been, but if he picked the side you scream out for every week half of the players i mentioned above wouldnt have got a sniff. CC talks about poo performing players still being worth £20, and i hear he got that from some pro lecturer, well sorry but Jos has blown that theory out the water as he has improved the value of lots of our squad members.

I too would be negative at times with the available squad and confidence of everyone in the gutter. 

It needs to be remembered also that Jos started with a blank canvas on all the players which means he will have to learn on the job about players, sometimes during games, and by 'learn' i mean stuff even us fans would already know. for me that renders any criticism of his tactics/formations as daft.

Lastly lets talk about Jos demeanor on the touchline or with the media, this one thing proves managers have no chance of getting it right as fans moaned about CCs loudness, soundbites and performances and are now moaning about Jos who is almost the polar opposite! 

Some managers talk about themselves alot, big themselves up. the fans may lap it up but it is just masking an insecurity in them, I am delighted at the way Jos doesnt pander to the media/fans, it shows an inner confidence in himself and shows he is concentrating on the job in hand.

For all his faults so far, Next season he will better for them. our better players all back and all fully MATCH fit, with a Jos pre-season behind them. and a greater knowledge of the league for Jos, compared to the day he joined.

Jos' part season hes had this year will stand him in great stead for an assault on the top 2 next year, he will feel like he has tanks in his armour, compared to a slingshot this season. i bet hes super confident.

Great post.

lollol

I think when he was appointed it was to only beto end of season. However I think he has opened DC eyes to some of poor practices in play at club and has shown our scouting procedues were not up to standard. Think he is now a certainty to stay in charge. Although some agents will be trying to remove him from the club.

14 hours ago, Lichfield alien said:

He deserves start of the season with all the big guns...but he does seem to have a negative mentality

That's the attitude that got us into bother this season. I agreed with it then but in hindsight it was wrong.  Forget deserves anything - the simple question is do we think he's the best man for the job? If he is then he should be given a new contract. 

14 hours ago, welsOwl74 said:

With the players he's had to work with how can anyone expect all out attack 

Our midfield must be the one of the poorest attacking threat in the league 

No one is asking for all out attack... He just needed to show a bit of attacking intent. So far, he's falling short of the mark massively.