Jos WILL BE IN CHARGE NEXT SEASON!

Like his predecessor (certainly for the last year or so of his time with us), I'd like to see his tactics being a little less terrified of the opposition. Too often recently we've been impassive and lacking in energy as if we're just waiting for the inevitable defeat, even though we do have some worthwhile attacking talent being starved of opportunities.

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

Like his predecessor (certainly for the last year or so of his time with us), I'd like to see his tactics being a little less terrified of the opposition. Too often recently we've been impassive and lacking in energy as if we're just waiting for the inevitable defeat, even though we do have some worthwhile attacking talent being starved of opportunities.

I think his confidence in the team will grow and he will become less risk averse as our better players return.

If he trusts them I'm sure he'll be rewarded.

4 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

100% Lets get back to playing on the front foot and asking more questions of the opposites, it doesn't have to be totally cavalier and we know there are no easy games but I really do believe that offence is often the best form of defence, give them something to think about. At the end of CC's reign every team we played probably shared a copy of the same scouting report because we were 100% predictable and passive. 

Edited by Morepork

3 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

I think JL yactics are because we have very few good defenders. He plays defensive setup due to lack of defensive quality. Iam certain he will bring in new centrehalves next season.

Just now, Quist said:

I think JL yactics are because we have very few good defenders. He plays defensive setup due to lack of defensive quality. Iam certain he will bring in new centrehalves next season.

The injury crisis and our horrific form didn't help, but it was Luhukay's reputation before he got here.

6 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

This ^^^^

Rightly so, he's come in with two hands behind his back and steadied a fast sinking ship with the worst injury crisis I can remember, and with the fans all being cry babies asking for season ticket refunds. He deserves to shape his own side and get them 'Jos fit' over the summer hopefully meaning this ridiculous injury crisis will be a thing of the past. His CV is impressive so I'd love to see him given a proper chance.

Edited by Not Jon Newsome
  • Thanks 2

Guest Maxine
4 minutes ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

A Neil and Alan stand off... 

Who's right... 

Who's wrong..

Neil is always right even when he's wrong. :ph34r:

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

The injury crisis and our horrific form didn't help, but it was Luhukay's reputation before he got here.

I heard he was conservative and played 4-2-3-1 formation, but we have had 5-3-2 and 5-4-1 which just stifles your attacking threat. Hence my commentthink situation has resultedin an even more cautious approach.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
2 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

To be honest I have no problem with his caution so far. I've felt for some time that results will come as the players at his disposal improve. He'll shuffle the pack no doubt in the summer and will benefit from a pre season's work. I expect him to build from a solid defensive foundation as that's his reputation but with more flair players available I'd expect that we will see more incisiveness going forward.