Team For Preston Game

1 minute ago, Southie_Owl said:

Yes he needs time to work with the full squad but the players available tomorrow should be good enough to get at least a draw at home to Preston, or at least a good performance. Every game we play should be treated as a cup final to get the points to stay up this season and I hope the players show they are up for it, I think that’s a minimum requirement tomorrow 

It was there at Elland Road , that’s what stood out for me . We will have our dips I’m sure and tomorrow could be one of them but we are improving as quality returns I feel . 

3 hours ago, Shetland Owl said:

Wildsmith

Lees, Fred, Pudil

Hunt                            Van Aken

Bannan, Hutch, Reach

Dave, Joao

Agree with this...van taken at left wing back

Van Aken at left wing back?

Didnt he play there (or a more traditional left full back) for the U23 and was all over the place, according to one observer?

I like Van Aken and think he'll come good in a back three, but not as a wing back.

Judging by the slow return of Lees, Hutchinson, Bannan and Van Aken, I don't see JL giving Forestieri a place tomorrow. Doubtful for Monday as well, but maybe a place on the bench if there's a bit of player resting/rotation.

I expect the side in the OP.

Subs

Dawson, Palmer, Van Aken, Pelupessy, Jones, Rhodes, Stobbs.

Agree with most team suggestions on here, but it's Preston and they're very in your face and robust similar to Bolton in style only with more better players. Wouldn't want nando coming straight in against them and his knee getting kicked to death by Pearson. 

I'd maybe go with a midfield 3 of 

Hutch.    Bannan.      Pelepusy. 

and maybe go with 

Reach in behind 

Nuhiu. 

Gives us that extra man to drop into midfield when needed defensively and would allow bannan and reach to bomb on forward while hutch and Pelepusy hold hopefully to help the defence as a solid platform. 

1 hour ago, oldishowl said:

With two games close together as well.

Hutch and Bannan won’t start both 

Really hope we don't go down the same road with Hutch with him playing back to back games whenever we have midweek fixtures.  He spent half his time in the Brentford game stretching after he had played on Boxing Day v Forest then subsequently got injured again.

2 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

Really hope we don't go down the same road with Hutch with him playing back to back games whenever we have midweek fixtures.  He spent half his time in the Brentford game stretching after he had played on Boxing Day v Forest then subsequently got injured again.

He's had the international break to recover,  so should be good to go bud. 

Thing is as the more we get back fit the less Jos will have to rely on players too often especially as a few of the development lads have stepped up too. 

Just now, shezzas left peg said:

He's had the international break to recover,  so should be good to go bud. 

Thing is as the more we get back fit the less Jos will have to rely on players too often especially as a few of the development lads have stepped up too. 

I agree.  He'd be the first name on the team sheet for me tomorrow but I'd leave him out on Monday.

15 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

Van Aken at left wing back?

Didnt he play there (or a more traditional left full back) for the U23 and was all over the place, according to one observer?

I like Van Aken and think he'll come good in a back three, but not as a wing back.

Judging by the slow return of Lees, Hutchinson, Bannan and Van Aken, I don't see JL giving Forestieri a place tomorrow. Doubtful for Monday as well, but maybe a place on the bench if there's a bit of player resting/rotation.

I expect the side in the OP.

Subs

Dawson, Palmer, Van Aken, Pelupessy, Jones, Rhodes, Stobbs.

JL has already said FF is in the squad for Friday.

The best team available is the one in OP but not sure thats what jos will go with

think I must be missing something with van aken as I dont see anything about him that suggests he'd make a good wingback, the main problem we have had there is no one out of fox, boyd and pudil etc really has the mobility for the position, van aken looked poor to me when he first came in the team but hes got potential and the left sided centre back of a three is the perfect position for him just let him focus on playing there.

Think jos will save a few legs for the next game so will hopefully see something like this for preston

wildsmith

venancio   lees  pudil

hunt                                          boyd

hutch

reach                 bannan  

nuhiu               joao

but then a few changes for sunderland

wildsmith

venancio    lees  van aken

palmer                                     boyd

pelupessy

reach                         bannan

ff          rhodes

I’d go 

Wildsmith

Venancio

Lees

Pudil

Hunt

Boyd

Hutch

Bannan

Reach

Joao

Dave

Reach left wing back and put Boyd in midfield.

Boyd hasn’t the legs to play wing back and he would be better in the midfield in my opinion. Discounting Joey as I don’t think he’s that good.