Team For Preston Game

Who we going with then ?

Will Forestieri play a part ?

I personally think Forestieri will be on the bench for this one. Along with Van Aken.

Wildsmith

Hunt

Vernancio 

Lees

Pudil

Boyd

Bannan 

Hutchinson 

Reach

Joao

Nuhiu

Edited by pazowl55

10 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Who we going with then ?

Will Forestieri play a part ?

I personally think Forestieri will be on the bench for this one. Along with Van Aken.

Wildsmith

Hunt

Vernancio 

Lees

Pudil

Boyd

Bannan 

Hutchinson 

Reach

Joao

Nuhiu

I agree with that side, for some reason I get the impression he will start though. He shouldn’t do. 

Edited by lancashireowl

4 minutes ago, lancashireowl said:

I agree with that side, for some reason I get the impression he will start though. He shouldn’t do. 

So far JL had been careful about reintroducing players back.

Considering how important FF is I don’t see him changing the system here. 

With Hutch and Bannan available it increases the options and relieves the pressure on bringing Forestieri back quickly.  

23 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

So far JL had been careful about reintroducing players back.

Considering how important FF is I don’t see him changing the system here. 

With Hutch and Bannan available it increases the options and relieves the pressure on bringing Forestieri back quickly.  

Have to agree. I don't think he will start. The fact that Forestieri has probably been on at Jos for the last three days about playing in this match means he will probably get a place on the bench.

Intriguing stuff. We've never seen a JL team where he's had much choice of who to play. Hopefully he's got one eye / tache on next season.

I think he's opted to leave Loovens out altogether now. Foxy Bingo seems to have been replaced too, now better players are coming back. Fingers crossed we could have a strong run-in.

Wildsmith

Hunt Fred Lees Pudil Boyd

Reach BB Hutch

Joao Warrior

FF, Jones, Fox, Palmer, Rhodes

If we didn’t have a match on Monday I’d start with Forestieri but as it’s a quick turn around of games I’d have him on the bench with a view to starting at Sunderland.

My team:

Wildsmith

Venancio

Lees

Van Aken

Hunt

Bannan

Hutchinson

Pudil

Reach

Nuhiu

Joao

1 hour ago, Shetland Owl said:

Wildsmith

Lees, Fred, Pudil

Hunt                            Van Aken

Bannan, Hutch, Reach

Dave, Joao

Yes.

JVA at left wing back could add that extra bit of strength and passing accuracy down the left.

57 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

First team is looking better on paper now , I’m getting more optimistic each game we play . Can’t believe I want Nuhiu to start but after Leeds , he’s got my vote !! 

With the team we should be able to field tomorrow, I think it’s fair to expect either a good result or a good performance. It’s time for Jos to start showing he is the right man to motivate and give confidence to this group of players

11 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

With the team we should be able to field tomorrow, I think it’s fair to expect either a good result or a good performance. It’s time for Jos to start showing he is the right man to motivate and give confidence to this group of players

Absolutely,  but he still needs time even with a full and fit squad . I think Jos is doing ok hope he gets the time to show what he can do . 

Wildsmith

Fred             Lees            Pudil

Hunt          Boyd       Hutch     Bannan     Reach

Joaoa        Nuhiu

Van Aken / Fessi on the bench

21 minutes ago, Fuzzy logics said:

Wildsmith

Fred             Lees            Pudil

Hunt          Boyd       Hutch     Bannan     Reach

Joaoa        Nuhiu

Van Aken / Fessi on the bench

That's an interesting solution to the left wing back conundrum which I would say is our main weakness at the moment.  Van Aken playing there, as others have suggested, could also be an option which allows Jos to keep Reach in that central midfield role where he has excelled. 

1 hour ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Absolutely,  but he still needs time even with a full and fit squad . I think Jos is doing ok hope he gets the time to show what he can do . 

Yes he needs time to work with the full squad but the players available tomorrow should be good enough to get at least a draw at home to Preston, or at least a good performance. Every game we play should be treated as a cup final to get the points to stay up this season and I hope the players show they are up for it, I think that’s a minimum requirement tomorrow 

Guest Arcadianrocket

Just the crowd hearing FF name on the bench will give everyone a huge lift.

Looking forward to game now.