@thomowl has got his Sheffield Wednesday classic shirt

12 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Only good thing they did here was leave the shirt sponsor name off ..

Read on here these new shirts are Asian sizes which means a medium is xxL

Is that correct?

If so.. shocking faux par again from a commercial angle 75 % of fan base I would say are "Big Units"?

Toffs are honest sizing and also good quality ....

Not really.

I got Medium. It's a tight-ish fit, like a lot of current football shirts. That's how they are these days, a fitted look. Which I prefer TBH.

So if you wanted a looser fit, you'd need a size up. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Donny.Owl said:

Not really.

I got Medium. It's a tight-ish fit, like a lot of current football shirts. That's how they are these days, a fitted look. Which I prefer TBH.

So if you wanted a looser fit, you'd need a size up. 

Thanks for that  Donny ..

I will have a look in shop in the morning 

Will get one or two if I can get to fit 

I'm a very  tall lad (me mam told me not to be long)lol

Only want em for round the house wear so not bothered about authenticness. .

The originals ive got from way back don't fit anymore ...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Looks nothing like the original

17 hours ago, bigrbuk said:

I don't remember it being so speckly

Still better than this season's kit though.

Hate to say it, but this season from start to finish has been a total fiasco and is memorable for all the wrong reasons. It's nothing short of a disgrace when the highlight of our 150th anniversary season turns out to be the "Cakeball" thread.

• Like 1

Ordered the Bukta style shirt at the weekend.

Not even an email yet to confirm it’s been mailed.

And they are STILL charging VAT on orders from outside the EU.

Not the happiest “customer” at the moment.

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

1 hour ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Only good thing they did here was leave the shirt sponsor name off ..

Read on here these new shirts are Asian sizes which means a medium is xxL

Is that correct?

If so.. shocking faux par again from a commercial angle 75 % of fan base I would say are "Big Units"?

Toffs are honest sizing and also good quality ....

To be fair, I bought two items from Toffs about a year ago. The material was great. But the sizing was flipping awful. 

The tracksuit top was at least two sizes smaller than described - but the yellow bukta shirt was a joke. Not kidding - I couldn’t even get the collar over my head!

• Thanks 1

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

6 minutes ago, Neal M said:

To be fair, I bought two items from Toffs about a year ago. The material was great. But the sizing was flipping awful. 

The tracksuit top was at least two sizes smaller than described - but the yellow bukta shirt was a joke. Not kidding - I couldn’t even get the collar over my head!

Really? !! I bought the

Bukta "Mcculloch Tartan kit"  last year one each for me n the lad and they were smashing fits 

Sorry to hear this ..

mind you the collar is different on ours to yours and was easy to slip my

"Big Yorkshire Head" through the neck !!

20 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 18.37.22.jpg

18 hours ago, saywended said:

well I suppose at least it has stripes and the collars are similar.

home_1989-1991.JPG

19 hours ago, chizumgeorge said:

I know, looks like a cr@p snide shirt from skeggy market!

OK, it doesn't look like the original shirt, but why do some supporters (?) take any opportunity to put the club down?.

As far as the shirt not looking like the original,  I agree it doesn't, but why would anyone who has purchased the shirt expect it to?

It is exactly as shown in the illustration on the club shop website, so why would you expect it to look any different when you receive it.

Lets face it, nowhere on the club website is it described as a 'Replica' shirt. The shirts are described as 'Retro'

Customers are not being conned, they are getting what they asked for. If you don't like it  -  don't buy it.

PS>  I'm surprised that no one has complained yet that the buttons on the collar are the wrong colour.lol

Edited by oldtawnyowl

27 minutes ago, oldtawnyowl said:

OK, it doesn't look like the original shirt, but why do some supporters (?) take any opportunity to put the club down?.

As far as the shirt not looking like the original,  I agree it doesn't, but why would anyone who has purchased the shirt expect it to?

Such an utterly bizarre and strange attempt to defend this one

You know what?

As a club we try to do many positive things and achieve them

On the flip side we sometimes try and don't quite succeed.

But then there's times where it would be easy to get things right, we don't, we cut corners and it becomes something that should be pushed back loud and clear that it's just not good enough.

To have fans trying to defend to other fans that a replica shirt on sale shouldn't be expected to look anything like the original is utterly utterly bizarre.

Not just that but it's wrong

We shouldn't put up with the club shop doing stuff like this and should feedback that it's not good enough. That way it can be improved.

Toffs manage it easily enough and so could/should the club if they are selling these to our fans

I'm staggered (genuinely properly dramatically staggered) by what you've put above that fans should just swallow it and applaud it

Yours faithfully

Mary Disgusted
29 Horrified Street
Staggerdly Way
Offencedom

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Such an utterly bizarre and strange attempt to defend this one

You know what?

As a club we try to do many positive things and achieve them

On the flip side we sometimes try and don't quite succeed.

But then there's times where it would be easy to get things right, we don't, we cut corners and it becomes something that should be pushed back loud and clear that it's just not good enough.

To have fans trying to defend to other fans that a replica shirt on sale shouldn't be expected to look anything like the original is utterly utterly bizarre.

Not just that but it's wrong

We shouldn't put up with the club shop doing stuff like this and should feedback that it's not good enough. That way it can be improved.

Toffs manage it easily enough and so could/should the club if they are selling these to our fans

I'm staggered (genuinely properly dramatically staggered) by what you've put above That fans should just swallow it and applaud it

Yours faithfully

Mary Disgusted
29 Horrified Street
Staggerdly Way
Offencedom

Well first of all, Neil, I have never said that fans should swallow it or applaud it.

I think you will see I said if you don't like it - don't buy it, in fact I wouldn't buy it myself.

The point I was trying to make is that the club have never tried to pass this shirt off as a replica and funnily enough the people who have bought it seem to be happy with it.

Can't really understand your change of stance on the shirt after

your post last Friday showing the shop's illustration and the message "Well done Sheffield Wednesday FC - this is bang on and the prices are fantastic.:wacko:

9 hours ago, ramone said:

Different years pal. Very similar. The Asda one is our 1990/91 shirt. The shirt you posted was the shirt from 1991/92 that had Mr Tom printed on I believe. 

The 'retro' shirts are terrible. I thought they'd be brilliant. In my opinion, the retro shirts appeal to me WAY more than a current replica one would. I regularly don the 92/93 away shirt to games, the yellow and black one. I wouldn't dream of wearing a current one. Would have bought the 2 from the early 90's as they were the first kits my parents bought me. Not a prayer would I buy one of these. I guarantee they would have sold a bucket load if they'd have just take a bit of care over it. The home shirt from the early 90's just looks a blue and white shirt that someones been decorating their living room in. 

These shirts are both the same The 1st shirt is the 1989-1991 home shirt which asda sponsored for the final only, and is a player issue shirt, the other shirt is the offical replica shirt available at the time.

the 1991-1993 had a few changes (see pic).

home_1989-1991.JPG

home_1991-1993.JPG

4 hours ago, oldtawnyowl said:

It is exactly as shown in the illustration on the club shop website, so why would you expect it to look any different when you receive it.

Lets face it, nowhere on the club website is it described as a 'Replica' shirt. The shirts are described as 'Retro'

Customers are not being conned, they are getting what they asked for. If you don't like it  -  don't buy it.

PS>  I'm surprised that no one has complained yet that the buttons on the collar are the wrong colour.lol

Keep your knickers on love,  not putting the club down at all, just saying the shirt looks cr@p!

Edited by chizumgeorge

10 hours ago, Neal M said:

If your head's that big Neal I'll bet your mother cursed the day you were born (even though she still loves you)!