@thomowl has got his Sheffield Wednesday classic shirt

Surely we couldn't f**k up making replicas of classic shirts of yesteryear......oh, we could. WTF:

Being re-branded as "Classic Interpretations with considerable artistic license"

Edited by Morepork
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 18.37.22.jpg

As it's nothing like the original maybe it's next year's shirt and someone got mixed up and thought it was a copy from years ago . Hopefully it is next season's shirt , stripes , proper owl , no shield , blue central stripe and a collar  :CEO:

Edited by cross owl

5 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Sheffield-Wednesday-1991-League-Cup-Final-Trevor-Francis-front.jpg.453be0820fae206f026b3bbf9da3ddcb.jpghmmm....

5 hours ago, saywended said:

well I suppose at least it has stripes and the collars are similar.

home_1989-1991.JPG

Are these the same year shirt because the badge is in different positions?

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You'll get branded as a moaner for that

I'll take my chances. lol

If the club can back up their good intentions with a bit more attention to detail we'd be headed in the right direction.  If you're going to make replicas then they ought to look like the original, not moaning, just fact.

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I'll take my chances. lol

If the club can back up their good intentions with a bit more attention to detail we'd be headed in the right direction.  If you're going to make replicas then they ought to look like the original, not moaning, just fact.

I agree 

You're 100% bang on

We've actually gone and messed up making replicas of our own classic Wednesday shirts to the point they don't really look anything like the real thing did

lol

But you'll get yelled at for pointing it out (by people who in their heart of hearts know you're right)

Owlstalk Shop

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I agree 

You're 100% bang on

We've actually gone and messed up making replicas of our own classic Wednesday shirts to the point they don't really look anything like the real thing did

lol

But you'll get yelled at for pointing it out (by people who in their heart of hearts know you're right)

Absolutely, this was a 100% nailed on win for the club but they put it over from 6 yards again..... Of course, plenty of people won't know any different and some won't care. Also, it's entirely possible that some of the other variations are a better match to the original.

If you know one thing it's this, there are still plenty of these old kits out there and people will compare and comment online. It would not have taken too much effort to have acquired an original of each shirt if they haven't already got one and ensured an accurate match. 

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

Image result for bukta sheffield wednesday

Anyone else had the Megastore remake of this bad boy?

Want to see whether I made the right choice using Toffs or whether I should have waited for Wednesday to release their own retro range.

I got this Toffs one for Christmas, it's a thing of beauty. 

35 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Absolutely, this was a 100% nailed on win for the club but they put it over from 6 yards again..... Of course, plenty of people won't know any different and some won't care. Also, it's entirely possible that some of the other variations are a better match to the original.

If you know one thing it's this, there are still plenty of these old kits out there and people will compare and comment online. It would not have taken too much effort to have acquired an original of each shirt if they haven't already got one and ensured an accurate match. 

Wouldn't it be great if we walked into the club shop, and they had for sale perfect replica's of loads of shirts from our history

I don't mind these new replica shirts, they look quite nice, but to claim they are replica's, when they clearly are not, is not right

I've still got the original and it's very different

Missed opportunity

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

1 minute ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Wouldn't it be great if we walked into the club shop, and they had for sale perfect replica's of loads of shirts from our history

I don't mind these new replica shirts, they look quite nice, but to claim they are replica's, when they clearly are not, is not right

I've still got the original and it's very different

Missed opportunity

Totally agree. We all have favourite shirts from our past and there's often an emotional connection to is as well making them even more likely to be desirable if well made and accurate.

Obviously, there are a couple that should never see the light of day again....  lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

Image result for bukta sheffield wednesday

Anyone else had the Megastore remake of this bad boy?

Want to see whether I made the right choice using Toffs or whether I should have waited for Wednesday to release their own retro range.

I'm curious about the Toffs stuff, is it made under license, must be??? 

Does anyone know? 

Edited by Morepork

Just now, Morepork said:

I'm curious about the Toffs stuff, is it made under license, must be??? 

Does anyone know? 

It must be otherwise I imagine the club would have issues with it, I'm not sure though.

Amazing quality, I can confirm that. Well worth the price.

7 hours ago, flo said:

Are these the same year shirt because the badge is in different positions?

Different years pal. Very similar. The Asda one is our 1990/91 shirt. The shirt you posted was the shirt from 1991/92 that had Mr Tom printed on I believe. 

The 'retro' shirts are terrible. I thought they'd be brilliant. In my opinion, the retro shirts appeal to me WAY more than a current replica one would. I regularly don the 92/93 away shirt to games, the yellow and black one. I wouldn't dream of wearing a current one. Would have bought the 2 from the early 90's as they were the first kits my parents bought me. Not a prayer would I buy one of these. I guarantee they would have sold a bucket load if they'd have just take a bit of care over it. The home shirt from the early 90's just looks a blue and white shirt that someones been decorating their living room in. 

• Like 1

Only good thing they did here was leave the shirt sponsor name off ..

Read on here these new shirts are Asian sizes which means a medium is xxL

Is that correct?

If so.. shocking faux par again from a commercial angle 75 % of fan base I would say are "Big Units"?

Toffs are honest sizing and also good quality ....