Match Day Pies

5 hours ago, Owlinator said:

I love pies trust me and i refuse to buy anymore at the match. Far too dry inside and like he says you need an axe to eat the pastry. A Yorkshire man loves his gravy!!! Sort it out get some gravy in and stop burning them AARRGGGHHHH... Bring back pukas!

Pukka's are shocking and you claim to like pie. I'd rather they get a proper company in to do them. Pie, home cooked chips and peas would be an absolute winner on a cold day.

Goodison Park..Worst pie ever...forget the year but DiCanio got the winner..just after half time I went to buy a pie.....Got back to me place ..bit into it....Steam came out..no f.ookin' filling whatsoever...a hollw shell of pastry ...filled wiv steam...Hated Everton ever since...

Now I know you are affiliated wiv "The Sisterhood of travelling pies" So I want to know what sort of compensation scheme you run...

I'm sure I have a claim, 

A pie should contain ingredients shouldn't it?

So bearing in mind this "Scouse" pie was advertised as "A Pie" I actually want to know what you are going to do about it?

I was denied a filling, and its easy to pass it off and call it "bad luck" or summatt...but it is actually dereliction of duty allied wiv false advertising...isn't it?

So I look forward to your answer ...bearing in mind yer glorious self appointed "sisterhood of the whateverthef.ook"

I want retrospective action on me pastry problem......................

Edited by asteener1867
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, mozzy85 said:

Pukka's are shocking and you claim to like pie. I'd rather they get a proper company in to do them. Pie, home cooked chips and peas would be an absolute winner on a cold day.

Hillsborough in the 70's..best pies...they did them mincemeat ones....the pastry was stone cold, which led to your uneducated Owls fan thinking the filling would be the same temperature....

Bite into it, the pastry was cold, the mincemeat was like f.ooki'n molten lava....

Dunno to this day how they did it...It was sheer art.....

Its why ..If you listen to the chants an' that on Youtube from the 70's its goes like...

"THeffield Wednesthday we are tho great..

We'll never be mathterd by them Thoreham bathtards we'll keep the blue flag....

Burn't tongues....

• Haha 3

59 minutes ago, mozzy85 said:

I was just pointing out the fact that anything would be better. Personally i liked the beres pies. 

"Hot pies inside "..man..he did the best pies, they were twice as big as yer pie that you got in the ground , with the mincemeat and cold pastry

Also there was a pub further up from the pie man that did wonderful sandwiches...on the corner..f.ooked if I can remember the name of the place

Its funny how the comestibles , over the seasons are totally at odds wiv the team...The team in the 70's was crap, the comestibles were brilliant....

I reckon if ..next season we just sell McCoys an' bovril....We would go up...............

18 minutes ago, Owlinator said:

I was just pointing out the fact that anything would be better. Personally i liked the beres pies. 

That would be better. Pie is one of my favourite foods though so I'm especially critical haha

6 hours ago, Owlinator said:

I love pies trust me and i refuse to buy anymore at the match. Far too dry inside and like he says you need an axe to eat the pastry. A Yorkshire man loves his gravy!!! Sort it out get some gravy in and stop burning them AARRGGGHHHH... Bring back pukas!

I think the Steak +Hendersons pies are really good.

I agree the old steak pies had more gravy, but that's because the had no ruddy meat in them !

lol

After the Bolton game i went to the tap to drown my sorrows once again and let the barman/manager know exactly how i felt about the pie situation as he was trying to sell me one. My anger was such that he gave me one on the house. Guess what same lousy sh.t pie.

17 minutes ago, np pontefract said:

I think the Steak +Hendersons pies are really good.

I agree the old steak pies had more gravy, but that's because the had no ruddy meat in them !

lol

But who wants a burnt ,dry, rock hard pie even if has got lots of meat in.

O you sorry haha

12 hours ago, Bulgaria said:

Don't buy those Frey bentos pies in the round tins. I bought loads of em the last time I was back home as they were 99p in Morrisons.

They taste like dog food.

My guts were in bits for 24 hrs. 

You're not supposed to eat the tin, only the contents !