Kieran Lee and Gary Hooper

39 minutes ago, Tom Wheatley said:

I was at the game at the weekend, Reach played very well in a "free role" in midfield.

Absolutely, seems like that could well be the best position for him. Think he’d  be wasted anywhere else now. Not going to be easy for him to keep his place in that position but I guess that’s a good thing!

14 minutes ago, joelswfc said:

Absolutely, seems like that could well be the best position for him. Think he’d  be wasted anywhere else now. Not going to be easy for him to keep his place in that position but I guess that’s a good thing!

It is going to be another test for Jos as players come back.

We have to remember although he will presumably be watching videos of past matches he won’t know the returning players like Carlos did. To some extent they will have to prove themselves again.

Issues like keeping Reach in central midfield at the expense of a past regular will be difficult choice for him. Reach is doing a good job for him.

Another one is Pelupessy.  The only signing Jos has made. Interesting he was paired with Hutch, Jos might see a future in that pairing, whereas at the moment not many fans would see him as part of our best eleven 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldishowl said:

It is going to be another test for Jos as players come back.

We have to remember although he will presumably be watching videos of past matches he won’t know the returning players like Carlos did. To some extent they will have to prove themselves again.

Issues like keeping Reach in central midfield at the expense of a past regular will be difficult choice for him. Reach is doing a good job for him.

Another one is Pelupessy.  The only signing Jos has made. Interesting he was paired with Hutch, Jos might see a future in that pairing, whereas at the moment not many fans would see him as part of our best eleven 

I like the pairing of Pelupessy and Hutch. It gives Bannan/Reach more freedom further forward to start attacks and press from the front.

Sorry if the pope is dead but are these rumours of Lee been done for good substantiated?

If this is true then Carlos is squarely at fault for his handling of Lee's injury, out for months then plays him for 90 minutes on the Saturday then 90 minutes on the Tuesday, if this has cost Lee his career this really is appalling.

7 hours ago, davethemagicweasel said:

A co-worker told me they'd bumped into Lee recently; he rubbished rumours of his retirement when asked and said he was "a few weeks away".  Not sure if that's a few weeks from training or playing though. 

the interview what Hutchinson gave on Saturday should tell you why k lee had to have 2nd op and all our other injuries, carlos when he was here let players train for 2 days and they were back in team,then out soon after after been rushed back. players now have to train 2-3-4 weeks before they are anywhere near the team, I know what carlos did with k lee ,and not from some rumour , he was rushed back as his recovery was taking longer than he liked ,he was sent to Coventry for an injection so he could resume training almost straight away then was pushed back into the 1st team ,it was a stupid gamble which has misfired badly , if only we had an owner what knew what he was doing then surely carlos would have gone a long time ago and we wouldn't have had  a season like we have had. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, LJY1985 said:

Sorry if the pope is dead but are these rumours of Lee been done for good substantiated?

If this is true then Carlos is squarely at fault for his handling of Lee's injury, out for months then plays him for 90 minutes on the Saturday then 90 minutes on the Tuesday, if this has cost Lee his career this really is appalling.

It's bollards

Just now, akbuk said:

It's bollards

no it aint ,carlos wanted him back promto ,a fall out happened between carlos and medical team , k lee was given an injection to ease the pain and swelling so he could resume training straight away , I aint been told this by any of the medical people but who told me should well know I will leave it at that ,i can assure you that it was a huge gamble on a players career , remember carlos wanted forestieri back by 3rd week in January ,jos wont do it the carlos way that's why its early april when we see forestieri , k lee wont play this season I believe 

1 hour ago, handworth52 said:

no it aint ,carlos wanted him back promto ,a fall out happened between carlos and medical team , k lee was given an injection to ease the pain and swelling so he could resume training straight away , I aint been told this by any of the medical people but who told me should well know I will leave it at that ,i can assure you that it was a huge gamble on a players career , remember carlos wanted forestieri back by 3rd week in January ,jos wont do it the carlos way that's why its early april when we see forestieri , k lee wont play this season I believe 

You can't assure anyone because you have no evidence

16 hours ago, joelswfc said:

Really hope we don’t have to resort to playing Reach wide, especially as a wingback with no cover. The lad can’t tackle. Has to be priority position in the Summer and we can work our whereabouts Reach is best after that.

Hmm. 

Still think his best role is wing back even if he isn't the strongest tackler. 

20 hours ago, davethemagicweasel said:

A co-worker told me they'd bumped into Lee recently; he rubbished rumours of his retirement when asked and said he was "a few weeks away".  Not sure if that's a few weeks from training or playing though. 

Its clear from the Hutch interview on Saturday that we're not going to take any risk and ensure players are 100% before picking them.  Seems very sensible.

When everyone is back we've got a strong looking team I reckon:

Westwood

Venancio   Lees   Van Aken

Hunt                                                   Reach

Lee    Hutchinson    Bannan

Hooper            Forestieri 

9 minutes ago, beloved_aunt said:

Its clear from the Hutch interview on Saturday that we're not going to take any risk and ensure players are 100% before picking them.  Seems very sensible.

Westwood

100 percent. However i doubt Jos will ever play Reach as a wing-back. I imagine Reach will have to fight for one of the central-midfield spots.

6 hours ago, beloved_aunt said:

Westwood

If it’s 3-5-2, that’s how I see it. Pudil could play left of the 3 at the back as he’s played well there recently. However, Van Aken may be more suited to playing in a back 3 where he can bring the ball out of the back.

Totally agree with Reach at left wing back - he’d be a revelation in that role. You need players in that position who can get up and down that flank all day - he would definitely do that.