Kieran Lee and Gary Hooper

48 minutes ago, Lichfield alien said:

Nobody will be in for hoops..this is his last contract..unless he returns to scunny or summat

He's 30. Good 4+ years left as he hardly relies on pace. Was linked with palace & brighton in november!

Maybe under Jos we might not get such regular injuries to key players.

1 hour ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

3 wins in 23 and theres even a question if Hooper, who hasnt played since December and is still our top scorer, could get in the side?!

Hes the best player at the club IMO. Walks in that side.

I've been waiting but haven't seen it so will have to do it myself:

WHOOSH!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, dkenyonqfc2 said:

Hooper was training but suffered a set back last week, Lee will probably start to do some training soon and will have to see how that goes

For me, Lee is vital in the midfield. Two box-to-box midfielders in Bannan and lee, either side of the agressive ball winner Hutch.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tom Wheatley said:

For me, Lee is vital in the midfield. Two box-to-box midfielders in Bannan and lee, either side of the agressive ball winner Hutch.

Which then allows Reach to play left wing back, where we’ve struggled. The problem here is keeping Hutch fit. I don’t think Pelupessy is in the same class as Hutch. I heard KL was finished. I really hope this was wrong and he’s given the time to heal properly this time. 

1 minute ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

Which then allows Reach to play left wing back, where we’ve struggled. The problem here is keeping Hutch fit. I don’t think Pelupessy is in the same class as Hutch. I heard KL was finished. I really hope this was wrong and he’s given the time to heal properly this time. 

Definetely, Reach has to play wing-back. If Hutch stays fit then great. Not overly impressed with Pelupessy, I was at the game and thought he looked slightly nervous in possession and gave the ball away on occasions. 

Hooper is in a different class to both Joao and Nuhiu 

As well as Joao has done relatively speaking watch him his first touch is abysmal for a striker at this level but he’s undeniably taken his opportunity with the goals he’s scored 

For me it would be 1 or the other playing alongside Hooper and FF on the left

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lawrie Madden said:

As well as Joao has done relatively speaking watch him his first touch is abysmal for a striker at this level but he’s undeniably taken his opportunity with the goals he’s scored 

Just worry about hoopers injury record

14 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

I agree that FF should be on the left (or in the hole behind a lone striker). He needs to be facing the play not have his back to goal right up top. Only issue is that Jos would definitely demand the workrate on the left doubling back and wasn't this an issue under Carlos?

30 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Have you not noticed hoops is never available for selection :picnic:

57 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

You don’t know if Joaos first touch is going to be sublime or go out for a throw in. Hooper is a cut above any striker we have 

Hooper is, without a doubt, the best player in our squad. FF on his day can be sublime but Hooper just oozes class. 

Trying to replace his quality would be very expensive and a big risk. 

His fitness has obviously been a problem, but I don’t think he is a naturally fit player like Lee, FF, Bannan. Under CC, it was obvious non of our player were kept in peak condition. 

Hopefully a proper preseason can do him the the world of good. 

“When I see you Hooper.......”

• Like 1