Yorkshire Post comment on praise and grumble

Guest mkowl
4 minutes ago, Striggy said:

So the article will reiterate what we have seen in the accounts, and that the club has made due allowance for?  This is different from proving that fit players are not being played because bonus payments will be due and a conspiracy of fake injuries used to hide this situation is it not?

Agree that could easily be the case

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Just to add balance to this and restate that the club said last night this was NOT the case and that all the injuries are 100% genuine injuries and we've just been unlucky with it.

Doesnt matter how many times some people hear it mate they wont believe 

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

So IF the paper story is true DC has been telling us porkies. 

Not at all, I would have thought just the opposite. The sums are liabilitised in the accounts and there for all to see.  Does not mean we are faking injuries to avoid paying them.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

Guest mkowl
Just now, McRightSide said:

The vast majority of those bonuses are for promotion to the PL

Probably but a players contract can have lots of esoteric clauses on appearances etc as well. Depends what they negotiated This story gets mileage because it COULD be true. All good conspiracy theories need to have that element. Not to say it actually is

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Just to add balance to this and restate that the club said last night this was NOT the case and that all the injuries are 100% genuine injuries and we've just been unlucky with it.

Yeah...not like they'd have a reason to lie is it....

Erm....

We will have to wait and see what the article says on Monday. I would guess that it will use the fact of the sum in the accounts to support the conspiracy theory that players are not really injured.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

2 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

The plot thickens.

Prefered it when football was all about going to games and havi g a drink.

Will wait with bated breath for Yorkshire Post on Monday.

Would think if there was any scoops and dodgy dealings, the Yorkshire Post would be the last to know, not the first....clickbating just like the star does over and over again

I’m skeptical about this until Monday and we all should be but I am equally concerned at the amount of people who will just flat out believe what the club says about absolutely anything. It doesn’t make you a better fan if you don’t question anything don’t worry.

There is a contingent liability in the accounts of £7,491,000 for future player bonuses.

The note accompanying this makes reference to players being under contract at a specific date and promotion to the EPL. Not number of apps or goals.

Every club has these sorts of deals. Anyone truly in the know will have confidentiality clauses in their contract of employment or service. Anyone who is ‘blowing the whistle’ will likely not have much more info than us.

Its interesting that this is being published in the Yorkshire Post and not the Sheffield Star. Gives us a clue as to the motive.

2 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Just a question 

If it's 7 million they are paid allegedly and they play and keep us in the championship 

Won't we lose more than 7 million if we get relegated  with not playing them.

The theory is we can easily stay up without em

Anyone who thinks Chansiri would risk going down and the financial repercussions of this on not paying out appearance money is mental- they’ve been out for months - he would have brought back at least 2 if them and paid the 3 million or whatever its alleged to be to gaurantee safety -  it’s acliadcof rubbish