Yorkshire Post comment on praise and grumble

I take it this thread started as a result of what the caller said about the Yorkshire Post on P&G tonight or have I missed summat.

1 hour ago, Stockyowl said:

As the original post was 8 pages in without anyone stating was was actually said, now the thread is closed, I heard and will repeat for those that didn't

Yorkshire Post will publish full details of payments to due to Westwood, Hopper, Fletcher, Hutchinson but not Forestieri, details of what the amounts are when they play a certain amount of games. The figure quoted was £7 million.

Jonathan glossed over it and didn't question it.

See what happens Monday

Yorkshire Post? 

A Leeds rag lol

Must be the only time these shıts have mentioned us.... Ever

I can bulldust on this one. 

Again! all the sodding conjecture and scaremongering, is over a an article that might not exist.

Or that doesn't exist, in print at this current time.

This was a random (perhaps nutter) who phoned a no mark radio show, (known for trying to stir discussion, to generate calls).

Think very seriously before you click post.

No idea about a Yorkshire Post or any other kind of conspiracy rumour. However, for the vast majority of our top earners to be out long term injured for most of the season simply doesn't add up, and I'm firmly in the camp thinking that something isn't right. What this is, I've no absolutely no idea, but if a story like the one in the Yorkshire Post broke, it would not surprise me one but. 

• Haha 2

If there isn't an article on Monday there will be a thread started saying the club blocked it legally or summat anyway.

This is now one of those OT facts that won't go away.

Last season when players were injured they weren't really, they weren't being selected.  Fletcher was subbed off against Huddersfield for tactical reasons and wasn't really injured.  FF wasn't really injured, he was being saved to sell in the transfer window.  The list goes on and on.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

I am equally concerned at the amount of people who will just flat out believe what the club says about absolutely anything.

More than balanced out by the amount of people absolutely desperate to believe and latch onto anything remotely negative said about our club or done by our club.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stockyowl said:

As the original post was 8 pages in without anyone stating was was actually said, now the thread is closed, I heard and will repeat for those that didn't

Yorkshire Post will publish full details of payments to due to Westwood, Hopper, Fletcher, Hutchinson but not Forestieri, details of what the amounts are when they play a certain amount of games. The figure quoted was £7 million.

Jonathan glossed over it and didn't question it.

See what happens Monday

Not read rest of thread but this is inaccurate

The report was that they wanted to avoid the £7m they paid out last year . There was no mention on this years figure

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Just to add balance to this and restate that the club said last night this was NOT the case and that all the injuries are 100% genuine injuries and we've just been unlucky with it.

If the article is published as predicted, SWFC will have an opportunity to respond.

If the predicted story is true, I can't imagine for one minute that the relationships between the club and any effected players is very good. 

Hope I'm wrong but I reckon those named won't be here next season.

47 minutes ago, elvin parsnip said:

Anyone who thinks Chansiri would risk going down and the financial repercussions of this on not paying out appearance money is mental- they’ve been out for months - he would have brought back at least 2 if them and paid the 3 million or whatever its alleged to be to gaurantee safety -  it’s acliadcof rubbish 

If Chansiri always did the logical thing then I would agree with you entirely.

Let us wait to see what if anything is said in the rag on Monday.

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

This gets wierder

lol

Which report?

Sorry, I wasn't clear ..

The caller to PoG mentioned the Newpaper report ....  I cannto remember if it was Buchan or the caller who mentioned the £7m, but it was for last year.

Edited by Vaughan
  • Thanks 1