Steering Meeting Tonight - Who's Going?

Guest mkowl
3 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

Gi' ten bob millionaires their status back

Nothing to do with that in the slightest

Guest mkowl

The point me and @torres are making is that it wouldn't have to be the same type of fans groups in the past. I fully 100% accept that the past is a terrible barometer for the future.

I was an advocate of a proper Supporters Club set up. Because we have never had this it is hard to explain how it could work effectively in practice, but it does work well in Germany. Given they have affordable prices, full stadiums and great atmospheres I would suggest it does work. The fans are not involved in the business side at all, but concentrate just on fan experience issues. 

Can you imagine the benefits if the fans had input into how

Merchandising

Club shop

Concourse catering

The Wednesday Tap

Non football events

Pre match atmosphere

were operated or put together

That would be win win, the fans get input into what they want and if it is right guess what the Club would increase revenues. 

4 hours ago, torres said:

What i would be suggesting wouldn't be a ''fans group'' really. - Not anything like those 2.

I agree people involved in those get above their station and wallow in self importance.

Maybe we just need more organisation to these steering groups? Make them have a purpose/structure - with a productive conclusion 

Just quote this and everything's solved :rolleyes:

Steering groups are made up of experts who oversee a research project to ensure that protocol is followed and provide advice and troubleshoot where necessary. It is good practice to include at least two members of the public on a steering group. Their role is to provide input based on their direct experience of the topic under investigation. The steering group usually meets at key stages during the course of a project and influences strategic decisions.

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

The point me and @torres are making is that it wouldn't have to be the same type of fans groups in the past. I fully 100% accept that the past is a terrible barometer for the future.

I was an advocate of a proper Supporters Club set up. Because we have never had this it is hard to explain how it could work effectively in practice, but it does work well in Germany. Given they have affordable prices, full stadiums and great atmospheres I would suggest it does work. The fans are not involved in the business side at all, but concentrate just on fan experience issues. 

Merchandising

Club shop

Concourse catering

The Wednesday Tap

Non football events

Pre match atmosphere

That would be win win, the fans get input into what they want and if it is right guess what the Club would increase revenues. 

The second you announced it the fans would write it off totally

I can't stress this point enough

Wednesday fans HATE (DETEST) fans groups

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

The second you announced it the fans would write it off totally

I can't stress this point enough

Wednesday fans HATE (DETEST) fans groups

Don't announce it. Secretly recruit some fans and listen to them in much smaller meetings than a big public one so there's more debate and less grandstanding.  It could even be one to one.

I went to the last one and interesting as it was, I’m not at all sure that the Chairman was really listening to the degree that he would change the way he did things in the future. My view is that if you want to ask a question and get it off your chest, by all means go and say your bit, but don’t expect any concrete action points at the end or things to be done any differently afterwards. These meetings are not minuted nor action points generated at the end as far as I can see, so there’s no way at all to measure how useful they are beyond a talking shop. 

Edited by Sheffield1973

3 hours ago, mkowl said:

Merchandising

Club shop

Concourse catering

The Wednesday Tap

Non football events

Pre match atmosphere

I think thats where the club do not take enough notice of the fans...

But Mr Chansiri thought it best we bought Jordan Rhodes...

1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

Don't announce it. Secretly recruit some fans and listen to them in much smaller meetings than a big public one so there's more debate and less grandstanding.  It could even be one to one.

I'm going underco...err...no...wait

7 hours ago, Hookowl said:

Just quote this and everything's solved :rolleyes:

Steering groups are made up of experts who oversee a research project to ensure that protocol is followed and provide advice and troubleshoot where necessary. It is good practice to include at least two members of the public on a steering group. Their role is to provide input based on their direct experience of the topic under investigation. The steering group usually meets at key stages during the course of a project and influences strategic decisions.

Copied and pasted straight out of the APM book of knowledge. lol

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Owling Wolfe said:

He's not the first, and I doubt he'll be the last, have you tried getting a response from the shop. Derek Accora (or whatever his name is) would give up. lol

Yep but he only spookes when he want's summat   lol  lol 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Animal said:

Hope someone is going to create a thread on what’s been questioned and answered so people don’t have to waste half of their life scrolling through this thread. 

Try going to the "STEERING GROUP omdt fred Animal. :rolleyes: