Steering Meeting Tonight - Who's Going?

Just now, Morepork said:

I fear the worst tonight, it'll be like ground zero in there..... I know people have plenty of questions but for me, it's just one more example of our tragic, comic timing.

This after 3 minutes.....

200.gif

I agree.

I think it'll be VERY heated and animated down there tonight.

Loads of pointing and yelling.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Isnt that exactly what these steering groups are tho?

First time attending tonight and from what i've read before they just seem like lip service to me.

They give the chance for supporters to add their views - them seemingly  the club do nothing!

No point!

45 minutes ago, torres said:

I’m not sure if anyone else will agree but I don’t think tonight is the night to discuss - hot water in the toilets, what snacks we sell, half time entertainment or the state of Ozzie Owls boots. 

Some more pressing matters need to be addressed I’d suggest. 

State of accounts 

Future funds available 

Does DC realise his errors 

KM - hopefully will be there - what is her targets/hopes/objectives 

Id like to suggest a fans group of 10-12 people be formed to help DC with certain club based issues - of which he/the club keep getting so very wrong 

Mate I'm going & I've already said if I hear any questions with regards to this I'll be standing up & making a reyt scene at them, not on my watch pal

I'm staying sober tonight as don't trust me sen if I've had a few

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, owlZfan84 said:

I agree.

I think it'll be VERY heated and animated down there tonight.

Loads of pointing and yelling.

Yep, lots of finger-pointing and wild accusations.....

DHtdKkw.gif

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, gypsyowl said:

Mate I'm going & I've already said if I hear any questions with regards to this I'll be standing up & making a reyt scene at them, not on my watch pal

Meet me before the meeting 

about 3pm

In the pub

Beers on me

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, gypsyowl said:

Good lad

Someone ask DC if he knows someone who is willing to write of the debt like Forest did:

Nottingham Forest record profit after writing off £40m debts

Nottingham Forest recorded a pre-tax profit of more than £32m in 2016-17 after debts exceeding £40m were written off when Evangelos Marinakis and Sokratis Kominakis bought the club.

The debts, owed to Forest's former parent company and an ex-director, were cancelled "as part of the acquisition" from Fawaz Al Hasawi in May 2017.

Additionally, Forest repaid almost £18m of loans to a previous director.

In 2015-16, Al Hasawi, who owned the club for five years, was owed £55.6m.

At the end of the latest accounting period, the 12 months up to 31 May 2017, he is still owed more than £19m. Forest's new parent company NF Football Investment Limited made £21.8m worth of loans to the club.

The Championship club's yearly report show that turnover increased to £20.8m from £18.4m for the previous year.

Forest made an operating loss of nearly £23m, which was comparable to the losses made 12 months earlier when the club posted pre-tax losses of £2.2m.

However, with £40m worth of debt written off and £14.7m made from player sales - £13m of which came from the transfer of Oliver Burke to German club RB Leipzig in August 2016 - a pre-tax profit of £32.1m was recorded.

Analysis

Colin Fray, BBC Radio Nottingham's Forest correspondent

The interesting part of the accounts lies in where they leave Forest in relation to the English Football League's Financial Fair Play rules. The Reds, of course, fell foul of them back in 2014 and were under embargo for three transfer windows.

Now, though, the club is operating well within the rules and has plenty of room to spend if the owner Evangelos Marinakis chooses to do so.

The £32m profit announced today may not be accepted by the League, due to the £40m of loans written off. QPR did something similar a few years ago, but the League disputed it. However, the circumstances at Forest seem significantly different.

But even in that worst case, the figures represent a loss for this year of £8m, which combined with the previous two years' losses would give a three-year figure of around £31m - comfortably within the permitted £39m limit.

Two factors are also in Forest's favour.

Firstly, since these accounts were issued, the Reds have sold Britt Assombalonga for £15m.

Secondly, the recorded loss of £21m in the season 2014-15 will no longer be relevant in the next accounts.

All of which means Forest will be able to spend next season, if they choose to.

Just now, @owlstalk said:

You would 

most wont

Our fans HATE fans groups 

i disagree - well educated Wednesday fans having their say about Sheffield Wednesday over a bloke who didn't even know about football until 4 years ago - hmm tough one!

1 minute ago, torres said:

i disagree - well educated Wednesday fans having their say about Sheffield Wednesday over a bloke who didn't even know about football until 4 years ago - hmm tough one!

Check the history of WISA, The Owls Trust, Wednesdayite etc etc 

Our fans DETEST fans groups

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Check the history of WISA, The Owls Trust, Wednesdayite etc etc 

Our fans DETEST fans groups

What i would be suggesting wouldn't be a ''fans group'' really. - Not anything like those 2.

I agree people involved in those get above their station and wallow in self importance.

Maybe we just need more organisation to these steering groups? Make them have a purpose/structure - with a productive conclusion 

28 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I bet it’s not heated tonight at all

part of me even thinks it would be a more constructive message to send if it was totally boycotted by our fans and the message sent to the Chairman to spend the evening sorting our club out instead

This.

What's gone wrong is blatantly obvious, so crack on sorting it out Mr Chairman.

No more flim flam about 'family'.

Start with the quickest win (stripes).

Guest mkowl
47 minutes ago, torres said:

Ha ha ha 

You don’t have much faith in your fellow fan.

Personally I think we have a good few supporters who have the intelligence and as importantly the experience of knowing exactly what the club needs and the supporters want 

Im not suggesting the group have the final say or start spending the clubs money - just be a voice from the fan base that can guide the club towards the best decisions 

When you look at the debacle of this years off field activities - I know a fans group would have done a far better job 

I have been an advocate of this. I can understand the reticence just because our history of Club to fans group engagement is well it speaks for itself

It is trying to rise above that level and do something very different to just about every Club in the country but if done right a lot would follow.

So QI klaxon time but a UK version (it can't be the same) of the German approach to this specific aspect. It is not about running the Club, or commenting on financial matters, or picking the team.

36 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

part of me even thinks it would be a more constructive message to send if it was totally boycotted by our fans and the message sent to the Chairman to spend the evening sorting our club out instead

Jesus christ mate get a grip lol 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mkowl said:

I have been an advocate of this. I can understand the reticence just because our history of Club to fans group engagement is well it speaks for itself

It is trying to rise above that level and do something very different to just about every Club in the country but if done right a lot would follow.

So QI klaxon time but a UK version (it can't be the same) of the German approach to this specific aspect. It is not about running the Club, or commenting on financial matters, or picking the team.

I agree