Steering Meeting Tonight - Who's Going?

9 minutes ago, mkowl said:

I have been an advocate of this. I can understand the reticence just because our history of Club to fans group engagement is well it speaks for itself

It is trying to rise above that level and do something very different to just about every Club in the country but if done right a lot would follow.

So QI klaxon time but a UK version (it can't be the same) of the German approach to this specific aspect. It is not about running the Club, or commenting on financial matters, or picking the team.

Gi' ten bob millionaires their status back

Edited by daveyboy66

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Who's off to meet up tonight at the club for the steering group meeting?

I dont think id be welcome . I speak my mind and would probably upset people on the top table. 

• Like 1

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Wonder how many people will start with “just want to say what a great job you are doing Mr Chansiri” 

Then continued with "we all know there's blades all over the internet, on messageboards, facebook and twitter trying to cause trouble by making stuff up'

Owlstalk Shop

12 fans having any thing to do with the running of a one owner club is frankly laughable .....a more sensible suggestion would be to get howard Wilkinson as his only advisor ....chansiri has said he has advisors around the world , if you have say 12 advisors offering different advice then he's going to be very confused bloke  ,with only one good'un like wilko who's done every job from fan thru to chairman he wouldn't need anyone else .

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Wonder how many people will start with “just want to say what a great job you are doing Mr Chansiri” 

Hopefully followed by:

But can I ask you about stripes / prices/ FFP/ Injures / 150th Anniversary.

But yes think sometimes these sort of meetings attract people who are a bit toadying.

Just now, torryowl said:

12 fans having any thing to do with the running of a one owner club is frankly laughable .....a more sensible suggestion would be to get howard Wilkinson as his only advisor ....chansiri has said he has advisors around the world , if you have say 12 advisors offering different advice then he's going to be very confused bloke  ,with only one good'un like wilko who's done every job from fan thru to chairman he wouldn't need anyone else .

I would describe Howard Wilkinson as a safe pair of hands if he has anything to do with running a football club on or off the pitch.

34 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I wouldn't say detest.

More like see them as a bunch of attention seekers and do gooders.

34 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Gi' ten bob millionaires their status back

28 minutes ago, torres said:

From memory they were not the brightest bunch either

4 minutes ago, torryowl said:

There you go. 

Told ya fans detest fans groups

lol

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, torryowl said:

He has advisor's around the world and he's overseen this shambles of a year! They are obviously doing a great job.

Wilkinson would have been ideal 10 years ago - not now

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

I would describe Howard Wilkinson as a safe pair of hands if he has anything to do with running a football club on or off the pitch.

it's criminal that the club don't use him instead of the faceless bunch  that seem to infest the owners mind .....it's totally barmy that a owner who admits he know nowt about football then listens to advice from people who as far as i'm aware have never had any connection with a football club on the playing front ....... 

1 hour ago, torres said:

First time attending tonight and from what i've read before they just seem like lip service to me.

They give the chance for supporters to add their views - them seemingly  the club do nothing!

No point!

Maybe go to one and then make your mind up?

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

There you go. 

Told ya fans detest fans groups

lol

New structure to these meetings is needed then.

They have quite clearly been a rip roaring success so far.