Steering Meeting Tonight - Who's Going?

2 minutes ago, torres said:

He has advisor's around the world and he's overseen this shambles of a year! They are obviously doing a great job.

Wilkinson would have been ideal 10 years ago - not now

Completely agree with you on this. Times have moved on since Wilko, would have been handy like you say 10 or so years ago but wouldn’t be so sure now. We need someone though. 

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Completely agree with you on this. Times have moved on since Wilko, would have been handy like you say 10 or so years ago but wouldn’t be so sure now. We need someone though. 

I applaud DC for these meetings - but if nothing is taken on board - if its a free for all with people going on about hot water taps and sausage rolls  - if no real issues are raised and discussed  - then there is really no point.

These meetings need structure - purpose and adequate conclusions 

5 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

I just really hope it isn’t like the last steering group meeting where those in attendance applaud everything the chairman says and does like a bunch of lapdogs.

that's the problem isn't it .......we can all get on our high horses sat in front of a screen but face to face is a completely different matter .....that blogger bloke that neil praises  put some questions to chansiri at the open meeting and got short shrift and branded a troublemaker I believe . ...I've never been to one and quite frankly cant see what they achieve .

12 minutes ago, torres said:

He has advisor's around the world and he's overseen this shambles of a year! They are obviously doing a great job.

why not now ?....

6 minutes ago, torres said:

I applaud DC for these meetings - but if nothing is taken on board - if its a free for all with people going on about hot water taps and sausage rolls  - if no real issues are raised and discussed  - then there is really no point.

These meetings need structure - purpose and adequate conclusions 

Ultimately the success of these meetings can only be reviewed by what happens after them

Do things get taken onboard, implemented, delivered, unveiled and rolled out?

If not - what an utterly pointless exercise

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Ultimately the success of these meetings can only be reviewed by what happens after them

Do things get taken onboard, implemented, delivered, unveiled and rolled out?

If not - what an utterly pointless exercise

100% my point

So far looking from the outside  - they have been pointless 

34 minutes ago, torryowl said:

12 fans having any thing to do with the running of a one owner club is frankly laughable .....a more sensible suggestion would be to get howard Wilkinson as his only advisor ....chansiri has said he has advisors around the world , if you have say 12 advisors offering different advice then he's going to be very confused bloke  ,with only one good'un like wilko who's done every job from fan thru to chairman he wouldn't need anyone else .

He should have done this on the day he bought the club instead of letting the current hangers on anywhere near the club. 

18 minutes ago, torryowl said:

that's the problem isn't it .......we can all get on our high horses sat in front of a screen but face to face is a completely different matter .....that blogger bloke that neil praises  put some questions to chansiri at the open meeting and got short shrift and branded a troublemaker I believe . ...I've never been to one and quite frankly cant see what they achieve .

I’d love to sit down face to face with Chansiri over 10 pints.

I’ve always been the same, won’t say things behind a screen or behind someone’s back I wouldn’t say to their face. 

Makes life much eaier 

30 minutes ago, torres said:

The Chuckle brothers would have done a better job than the current "advisers / hangers on " 

• Haha 1

We just need some transparency. Too many conspiracy theories around that need to be nipped in the bud. There doesn't seem to be any sort of forward plan and the club on the face of it looks to be on it's ar$e. We need DC to reignite the passion and show us some vision. Reading Owlstalk at the moment is utterly depressing. Give us some hope that there's a plan and a way forward.

Has anyone had any clarity on how it’s being fed back the rest of us?

I know people had discussed maybe recording it to make sure an accurate account is relayed, as the current rules set by the chairman are making this very difficult by the sounds. 

Edited by NeonLeon

36 minutes ago, torryowl said:

why not now ?....

I think who would have been ideal at the start of DC's tenure  - to walk him through the first 2-3 years.

Make him aware of what goes on, what gets done, what needs doing, our culture etc.

I think that ship has sailed now.

We need someone to progress us, HW would have been a safe pair of guiding hands  - not for me now though

Daveyboy is going as the muscle for DC ....anyone asking any probing questions re the pathetic running of our club , will be taken out back and a toxic mix of prawn skips and farmers blonde will be breathed on them for an hour until they subside .

this meeting is a sycophants delight , we have a complete incompetent in charge who admits to signing players that fans have asked for , players prevented from playing and the whole email rants at 2am.

• Like 1