Liam Palmer

1 hour ago, the mighty wednesday said:

Saturday was worse

I still think we're not in a position to judge Jos, just yet. He's inherited a second string of tripe and he's trying to get the maximum from it each week.....while also trying to change the system completely. I bet Tom Lees has never played in a back 3, so he'll be no saviour while he's trying to adjust.

It's just a complete write off. I wouldn't bother with away games, paying for humilation. 

7 hours ago, HubristicClapper said:

I don't get people picking out individuals as much as they are right now.

The performance is a collectively bad one and up and down the side, including coaches need to take the blame.

Turning on individuals at this moment in time will no good whatsoever.

Exactly - I thought Palmer was doing well under CC, other than his final cross or ball he was shaping up defensively and coming forward as a good right back. He like a lot of others have gone backwards since the turn of the year. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, owlZfan84 said:

He’s been out of his depth for years.

Gets away with it time after time though, as he ‘bleeds blue and white’.

He’s garbage.

Whilst he agree he isn’t great at least he’s there unlike the money sucking crocks most on here worship . 

7 hours ago, goodytheowl said:

He had a mare tonight absolutely and we said his head had gone when he smashed that shot/cross 10 yards high and wide.

The booing without doubt increases pressure and I just don’t get it. He is not Roland Nilsson without a doubt but there is an Internet lemming witch hunt out for the poor lad which is ridiculous, he is definitely not as bad as people too easily say. Admittedly he had an absolute shocker tonight though.

A bit of grief on here is OK with me. It should serve if they read owlstalk as motivation to play better and show us plebs he's a better player than that and an I'll show them attitude ,, so to speak. 

Booing and giving him stick at the time from the stands especially when confidence us low just doesn't help especially with how low confidence is at the moment, your more susceptible to make more mistakes or try to hide during the game maybe a bit counter productive. 

7 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Worst game he's every had in a Sheffield Wednesday shirt.

His mind runs at 300 miles per hour, in every situation. His decision making is atrocious.

He's competing above his level and he knows it. just like afew of the lads

The problem is it’s NOT the worst game he’s ever had for us, he consistently plays to that level , he can’t play any better!!!

Jack Hunt was brought in as first choice but he’s a crock and when he does play he only ever reaches about 70% performance level before he breaks down again then it’s back to the woeful Palmer .........

eat, sleep , rave , repeat !

• Like 1

His performance on Saturday was far worse, put absolutely no effort in, strolling/walking back and should have been dropped. Even with the shortage of players. His performance last night was incredibly poor, but he did at least work a little harder. He cannot start Saturday though, we have to find a replacement - ash baker I’m sure would at least put a shift in.

9 hours ago, fingyfop said:

Don't get me wrong, it was a terrible performance from him tonight, but the people booing him when we weren't even losing are flipping idiots

Bore off with your moral high ground poo....we are discussing a full grown adult who is a professional footballer earning thousands of pounds a week who dishes out performances that are not worthy of league 2. 

The lad might not be best full back we have ever had (he probably knows this) but application, desire and sheer hard work is something that you either choose to do or not and Palmer is choosing to stroll around and perform like a player way out of his depth!! His days at the matches don't consist of spending £100's of your hard earned money on days out to watch them!!, He gets paid for the privilege of been there. It always gets me when fans feel sorry for the players...oh my days wake up and realise that most of these guys don't give a poo if you go or not, they still collect their wages despite dross!! They still have nice house's and cars in the nicest areas of Sheffield and after the game they forget about it and its onto the next one.

I couldn't give two hoots if Palmer never played for us again but one thing i do ask is that when he does, he gives it his all!! At one point last night Jordan Rhodes was actually covering at RB whilst Palmer strolled through the middle without a care in the world.

51 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Some of this is a bit harsh.

Hes just struggling because of the level of ability he has. Unfortunately it also looks like he isn’t the strongest mentally either

Rubbish...hes struggling because he cant be bothered to do the hard yards.