Tonight's Attendance - Season Ticket Holders are stopping going

34 minutes ago, Semedo's ferret said:

18 yr old daughter who's in education and has a small part time job wanted to go last night. Until we saw the cost. She went shopping at meadowhall instead.

Summed up in 2 sentences how crazy our current position is. Future fans and possible ST holders of the future are not going because of money. Before anyone starts the 'if the tickets were £20 attendance wouldn't change' here you go!

24 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

was only £27 last night for potd and doubt 1000 was sold, £20 anywhere in ground this Saturday and hardly any been sold. I doubt chansiri had any idea that the support would drop off so much,i doubt he wont have factored that in when he budgeted for this season . 

Only £27... that’s £26.99 more than that shower warrants .... few are going to pay £15, £20 ,£27 or whatever to watch that 

6 minutes ago, Doctor Duran said:

It will not happen overnight and it's hardly advertised is it ??  really they should push adverts out on local radio.. big pieces in the Star and constantly pushed on social media which is a free platform, but with the current poor results and performances it wont excite many casual supporters tbh and won't see a huge difference...

Agree our advertising is bad!! Really BAD!!

But this is THE chance to show our deluded chairman that with decent pricing we can get lots more people through the gates, make more money on ''extras''  - hopefully make a better atmosphere, highlight the excellent fan base we COULD have and move onto better things.

It's up to the part timers to stand up and help a bigger cause

Just now, torres said:

Agree our advertising is bad!! Really BAD!!

But this is THE chance to show our deluded chairman that with decent pricing we can get lots more people through the gates, make more money on ''extras''  - hopefully make a better atmosphere, highlight the excellent fan base we COULD have and move onto better things.

It's up to the part timers to stand up and help a bigger cause

No it isn't

What makes you think that the casual fan will be busting a gut to go on Saturday?

The £20 games are the worst games that won't sell well, which is why they're £20

The whole logic around these games being some sort of chance to show the Chairman is flawed beyond belief

Owlstalk Shop

Travelling from Milton Keynes, With the time off work, getting home late while questioning why I bother to make the effort when the players can't and the cost I have given up going to evening matches, will still be going Saturdays when I can, but will not be renewing my season ticket for next season

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

No it isn't

What makes you think that the casual fan will be busting a gut to go on Saturday?

The £20 games are the worst games that won't sell well, which is why they're £20

The whole logic around these games being some sort of chance to show the Chairman is flawed beyond belief

It's the part timers chance to make a difference long term!!

OF COURSE they are the worst games**!! Do you think we should give the part timers free tickets to the united match? a free meal with that maybe? A lift in a Limo - just to see if they like it?

The part timers have a chance to help football fans from not only Wednesday but countrywide.

Otherwise its the loyal fan that gets it in the pocket.

If they don't turn up in big numbers when it's £20.00 (when they moan the reason is price) why would DC change the policy. Just milk the loyal fans like he does!

** you might not be aware - you probably are not - but Saturday is a HUGE match

6 minutes ago, torres said:

It's the part timers chance to make a difference long term!!

OF COURSE they are the worst games**!! Do you think we should give the part timers free tickets to the united match? a free meal with that maybe? A lift in a Limo - just to see if they like it?

The part timers have a chance to help football fans from not only Wednesday but countrywide.

Otherwise its the loyal fan that gets it in the pocket.

If they don't turn up in big numbers when it's £20.00 (when they moan the reason is price) why would DC change the policy. Just milk the loyal fans like he does!

** you might not be aware - you probably are not - but Saturday is a HUGE match

I think you've totally misconstrued who many of these fans are, their motivations for going to the odd game etc

You're being unrealistic if you think that the fan who goes to the odd game will rock up in some kind of solidarity with Charlton fans or Mansfield Town fans to appeal for cheaper tickets by handing over £20 to Sheffield Wednesday at a time they're being called names by fans on forums, at a time when all they hear is how bad things are on the pitch, how 'buttercup' can't pass a ball etc etc etc

They will probably just go to Meadowhall or out for a meal instead.

There needs to be a total rethink from fans who can go about how they understand and discuss people who can't afford to. The current arguments are flawed, the current attitudes are wrong, and the current logic applied is WAY off.

The whole current attitude towards non-season ticket holders by our fans is akin to when they fell for the 'FANCY DAN' tag thrown at DiCanio and Carbone (two of our finest players) and repeated it and spread it amongst the fanbase without any thought for the implication, results or the fact that they'd disengaged their brain to repeat someone else's wildly inaccurate mantra.

Owlstalk Shop

The term "Loyal/part time" fans is so degrading tbh and doesn't help.. and has been debated many times here..

It won't happen overnight like i said.  Needs to be pro-actively advertised through lots of mediums..  

and on-going over a period of time.

I'm sure Chansiri and co know what our potential is.. we do show it on occasion, when the team performs well over a prolonged period.

Edited by Doctor Duran

My other half and myself discussed on the way home whether to bother with our season tickets next season and we have been going for years.  How do we even know at this point which league we will be in.  Clubs have fleeced their fans for far too long IMO.

15 minutes ago, farlego said:

Travelling from Milton Keynes, With the time off work, getting home late while questioning why I bother to make the effort when the players can't and the cost I have given up going to evening matches, will still be going Saturdays when I can, but will not be renewing my season ticket for next season

On the plus side it gets you out of Milton Keynes for a few hours

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, sweetsheri said:

Didums

Another brilliant contribution... @ReadingOwl has a point. I know loads of people that were offering season tickets last night. Loads. I know loads of people that turned them down too. 

The chairman hasn't got a clue. I just smirked at full time. I wasn't bothered about losing last night as I'd already come to terms with us losing the minute the team sheet was announced at 6.45. 

Thats where I am with Sheffield Wednesday at the moment. 

58 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

was only £27 last night for potd and doubt 1000 was sold, £20 anywhere in ground this Saturday and hardly any been sold. I doubt chansiri had any idea that the support would drop off so much,i doubt he wont have factored that in when he budgeted for this season . 

Is that £27 for a ticket if you are a member though (which is £50 per season)?

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I think you've totally misconstrued who many of these fans are, their motivations for going to the odd game etc

You're being unrealistic if you think that the fan who goes to the odd game will rock up in some kind of solidarity with Charlton fans or Mansfield Town fans to appeal for cheaper tickets by handing over £20 to Sheffield Wednesday at a time they're being called names by fans on forums, at a time when all they hear is how bad things are on the pitch, how 'buttercup' can't pass a ball etc etc etc

Firstly - odd game attenders - if they are odd game attenders because of cost - the perfect chance to get in their ''odd'' game is on saturday wouldnt you say? - important match and a relatively cheap ticket. 

Secondly they are helping Wednesday supporters mostly - proving to DC that we can sell tickets at a reasonable price and make it work profit wise

Helping other clubs is just a bi product

They will probably just go to Meadowhall or out for a meal instead.

They have never been Wednesday fans if this is the case!! 

There needs to be a total rethink from fans who can go about how they understand and discuss people who can't afford to. The current arguments are flawed, the current attitudes are wrong, and the current logic applied is WAY off.

I'm not talking about people on the breadline! They shouldn't be anywhere near a football match! I'm talking about those that become a ''fan'' when we do well, those that can afford to spend £400.00 on a weekend to Wembley etc We have supposedly a huge fan base - lets prove it!

The whole current attitude towards non-season ticket holders by our fans is akin to when they fell for the 'FANCY DAN' tag thrown at DiCanio and Carbone (two of our finest players) and repeated it and spread it amongst the fanbase without any thought for the implication, results or the fact that they'd disengaged their brain to repeat someone else's wildly inaccurate mantra.  - Not a clue what you are on about here to be honest 

Bolton game is £20 so I imagine a "recorded" 35k will be there to watch us lose that.

I do think the attendance recording is nonsense. How difficult is it for a club to count how many times the turnstile goes round before the game rather than counting no-show ST holders?! Mind you, it would make for very embarrassing reading atm.

4 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Staying in the warm, watching Man Utd vs Liverpool tempts me more than turning up on Saturday, to be fair.

Cant do that. to be honest, I'm not a football fan, I don't really care whether Man Utd or Liverpool win. I'm a Wednesday fan. Id rather watch them play tiddly winks than watch Man Utd. Well you cant describe Wednesday as a football team at the moment.

I had a chat with a Gypsy on the Moor yesterday, before she relieved me of my loose change. She said my luck would change. So based on the obvious honesty and reliability of the traveller community I thought last night "Ill wake up being a Man City fan, or Wednesday are gonna win Saturday".

So what have I got to say today? COME ON YOU OWLS!

6 minutes ago, ramone said:

Another brilliant contribution... @ReadingOwl has a point. I know loads of people that were offering season tickets last night. Loads. I know loads of people that turned them down too. 

The chairman hasn't got a clue. I just smirked at full time. I wasn't bothered about losing last night as I'd already come to terms with us losing the minute the team sheet was announced at 6.45. 

Thats where I am with Sheffield Wednesday at the moment. 

Cheers