Tonight's Attendance - Season Ticket Holders are stopping going

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

no no no

You're missing my point
I'm not talking about the attendance figures specifically

I'm saying that out of all our season ticket holders I am betting you that 3000 to 4000 have stopped using their season tickets and stopped going.

The attendance figures don't reflect this of course because the season ticket holders are always included 

POTG numbers are bound to be down too due to league position, quality of football, being told they're not as good a fan as the truefans etc

And how many of those will sign up to a new season ticket in the next 2 weeks, never mind a 5 year one?

11 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

And how many of those will sign up to a new season ticket in the next 2 weeks, never mind a 5 year one?

This is the massive question now

It's not irretrievable by any stretch but once we've secured safety there needs to be a massive turnaround in club PR, attitude towards fans and pricing, some unbelievable new signings, and a return to blue and white stripes 

If they don't nail the marketing and PR side between now and next season I can see figures dropping

But it's totally doable if the attitude and desire is there

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

This is the massive question now

It's not irretrievable by any stretch but once we've secured safety there needs to be a massive turnaround in club PR, attitude towards fans and pricing, some unbelievable new signings, and a return to blue and white stripes 

If they don't nail the marketing and PR side between now and next season I can see figures dropping

But it's totally doable if the attitude and desire is there

But that's not going to happen until after the price deadline is it? How much did the adult prices go up by after deadline last season, £60-£80?

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

But that's not going to happen until after the price deadline is it? How much did the adult prices go up by after deadline last season, £60-£80?

Yeah you're right

The price freeze on Season Tickets  is an indication the club thinks we're safe enough this season thanks to the points buffer

The other ticket pricing is going to be interesting especially after the results of that poll thing, then the accounts being published, and then the article today from FootballTyper

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah you're right

The price freeze on Season Tickets  is an indication the club thinks we're safe enough this season thanks to the points buffer

The other ticket pricing is going to be interesting especially after the results of that poll thing, then the accounts being published, and then the article today from FootballTyper

It doesn't matter what the club thinks in that regard, it's the fans who are buying and if they are unsure whether they will be paying for a very expensive 3rd division season ticket a fair few won't do.

Has there been a thread on the FootballTyper article? Not seen it yet.

1 hour ago, ReadingOwl said:

You couldnt be further from the truth. 

I havent seen the us live since Milan left. Play offs or Wembley.

The ‘buy a season ticket, or suffer’ mantra/business plan is sickening. The treatment of ‘casuals’ has been diobolical.

All for some supposed crackpot business plan - Season Ticket Holders only, wanted and alienate the rest of the fan base.

I saw my first game in 1967 - second game we beat Burnley 7-0 and I was allowed to stand on a seat all the game in the old South Stand.

Its not the same Club I’ve always followed - or the same fans.

My loss? - I’ve lost nothing truth be known.

Ive had the best of Wednesday as a fan - you’re all customers now.

buy your ticket, im sure you can still stand on your seat lol

5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

It doesn't matter what the club thinks in that regard, it's the fans who are buying and if they are unsure whether they will be paying for a very expensive 3rd division season ticket a fair few won't do.

Has there been a thread on the FootballTyper article? Not seen it yet.

Totally agree

No mate - because I don't anyone put at risk by posting something that could land them in trouble after reading it although I'd recommend everyone to read and digest the contents of it

Owlstalk Shop

I shudder to think what the crowds would be if we go down. The one remaining year on the original 3 year season tickets and now the new 5 year tickets set a really high minimum walk up price so that it doesn't undercut the season ticket holders. Does anyone know off hand the price per game with a current 3 year season ticket?

1 hour ago, ReadingOwl said:

You couldnt be further from the truth. 

I havent seen the us live since Milan left. Play offs or Wembley.

The ‘buy a season ticket, or suffer’ mantra/business plan is sickening. The treatment of ‘casuals’ has been diobolical.

All for some supposed crackpot business plan - Season Ticket Holders only, wanted and alienate the rest of the fan base.

I saw my first game in 1967 - second game we beat Burnley 7-0 and I was allowed to stand on a seat all the game in the old South Stand.

Its not the same Club I’ve always followed - or the same fans.

My loss? - I’ve lost nothing truth be known.

Ive had the best of Wednesday as a fan - you’re all customers now.

Remember the I'm alright jack brigade telling us what a bargain they had with their season tickets

Supporters actually applauding high prices, telling folk who couldn't afford to go on the South or North anymore to sit on the kop "simples"

Never mind,us pay on the gate fans have been thrown some crumbs this coming weekend, and certain owlstalk posters have told us we have to turn up on mass or it proves we wouldn't go no matter the price.....forgetting it's only cheap because it's a crappy fixture

I'll probably go but who can blame thousands for saying "shove your crumbs where the sun don't shine"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Totally agree

No mate - because I don't anyone put at risk by posting something that could land them in trouble after reading it although I'd recommend everyone to read and digest the contents of it

Fair enough. I've just skim-read it thanks. Some of it is very believable given what we already know and I don't see any reason to make things up in such detail. Yes he obviously wants the clicks and the attention from the article but it's hard to argue against the basis of it.

He does fall down a bit in some areas though - he says he firmly believes Fox will become a solid player for us! :picnic: and also states that Jos wasn't aware of the injury crisis when he took the job. He would only have had to do limited research on the club to find out that we had major injury problems at the time he was looking at the job and having found that out surely he would have delved into it a little bit before signing on the dotted line?

Just think how different it feels around the ground when it’s full. It’s always vibrant, bouncing and awe inspiring. Norwich last day of the season, Wycombe last day before we went up and Arsenal in the cup all amazing days with the ground packed to the rafters.

But now we have POTG’ers totally disincentivized from going because of the pricing policy and a fanbase that EXPECTS purely because we were told that’s why we were paying through the nose.

Anybkdy should have been able to see that the moment things started going wrong our pricing policy would be massively called into question but yet we all sleepwalked into this by not sticking up for fellow fans while the going was relatively good. Have we as a fanbase reaped what we have sown in some way? 

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I honestly believe it's about 3000/4000 season ticket holders that aren't turning up now for home games.

Whether that's just staying away, giving away their season tickets or selling them on to another fan to use I reckon that many season ticket holders simply aren't going to home games.

Well I have an ST and I'll freely admit I barely go anymore. Haven't been since the Birmingham game and I've no idea if I'll make it to another home game, possibly one at the end of the season if the situation looks really dire at crunch time.

It's mainly down to two reasons, one of which is because I now live in Edinburgh, which means it's extremely expensive and exhausting just to get to home games. Nothing to do with the club, I was doing my best to get to most home games at the start of the season but my bank balance and energy levels were being drained far too quickly. Getting up at 4.30am on Derby Day will haunt me til my dying day.

But this was the case last season and yet I went to the vast majority of games, despite waning enthusiasm for the dull performances week after week. The dream of promotion was still there and winning kept the good atmosphere around the club alive. Now I'm feeling very disillusioned - my last two experiences of Hillsborough were the Burton game were I spent the whole game fuming about DC thinking it was a good idea to hire a CEO with a disastrous track record out of the blue and not provide any justification (not a dig at Meire, beyond that survey she hasn't done a lot wrong so far and my God she's got a lot to sort out), and the Birmingham game where I was mainly in shock at how bad we were. 

It's easy to say that I'm just a fair weather fan and that I'll turn up again once we start winning, but it's more to do with the atmosphere around the club. We didn't exactly win every week during Stuart Gray's season in charge, but I only missed one home game that season because it felt like everyone was pulling together and making the best of what we had. I've travelled hours to watch Bradford Park Avenue this season because it's a club owned by the fans - and the f*ckers have been hammered every time I've been lol.

Now, with DC in charge it feels like modern football has well and truly caught up with us and we're just customers like the increasing majority of other fans of the game. It doesn't feel like it matters to the club if I turn up to support them every week, as long as I pour Season Ticket money into the clubs coffers to support our increasingly unsustainable spending. The team are sliding straight into league one with a manager totally bereft of any ideas of how to turn things around. How depressing is it to have to sit here and just pray that there are three other teams in this league who are even more sh*t than we are? The club is utterly rudderless and about to run very badly aground judging by our latest accounts.

Having said all that, I'm probably going to be moronic enough to renew for next season. What in God's name is wrong with me?

• Like 2

Used to eat at me not being able to go , but sadly it doesent now ,not that I could afford it anyway but even if I could I doubt if the travel to the game knowing you will more than likely lose for the fact of some none descript first team on the pitch would be worth the hassle ,I still watch on tv or follow the games on owlstalk but sadly if we play rubbish or even lose  it's a case of FFS not again , and not like it was just wishing the next game would come around sooner like it used to be , sadly I feel that I and others have been robbed of the excitement of thinking the team is capable of winning as every week it seems a chore now ,the buzz is missing ,the players are schizzel and the motivation has gone from the team and the manager is too nice a bloke whereas I feel we needed an arse kicker ,