Tonight's Attendance - Season Ticket Holders are stopping going

4 minutes ago, torres said:

I'm not talking about people on the breadline! They shouldn't be anywhere near a football match! I'm talking about those that become a ''fan'' when we do well, those that can afford to spend £400.00 on a weekend to Wembley etc We have supposedly a huge fan base - lets prove it!

Can't believe you just posted that tbh..  

We’ll get about 27k on Satdi and we’ll have the TrueFans kicking off about how the chairman is justified in ripping the fans off when we all know the attendance would be in the low 20’s if the prices were around 30 odd quid like normal.

9 hours ago, the monk said:

Remember the I'm alright jack brigade telling us what a bargain they had with their season tickets

Supporters actually applauding high prices, telling folk who couldn't afford to go on the South or North anymore to sit on the kop "simples"

Never mind,us pay on the gate fans have been thrown some crumbs this coming weekend, and certain owlstalk posters have told us we have to turn up on mass or it proves we wouldn't go no matter the price.....forgetting it's only cheap because it's a crappy fixture

I'll probably go but who can blame thousands for saying "shove your crumbs where the sun don't shine"

I's probably the biggest fixture of the season so far now!!

6 minutes ago, torres said:

Which bit?

About how to alienate people on the breadline and telling them to come no where near a football match..   beggers belief that comment.

We do live in Sheffield you know.. not Chelsea..  

Now I do hope that people can and will take up the £20 offer.. I will and probs so will my son..  but without widespread adverstising it will have a minimal effect.

I'd guess between 23 and 24k on Saturday.

Then it should be £20 until the end of the season adults and a £5 for u21 and a £1 for U7.. to drag back the fans hopefully.. no matter who we play

Give the chance for someone on the breadline who is a "loyal" fan and trust me there are plenty that fall into the range.. so he or she can bring their young un along too.

Will it happen.. will it hell

Edited by Doctor Duran

9 hours ago, Rebowl Yell said:

Just think how different it feels around the ground when it’s full. It’s always vibrant, bouncing and awe inspiring. Norwich last day of the season, Wycombe last day before we went up and Arsenal in the cup all amazing days with the ground packed to the rafters.

But now we have POTG’ers totally disincentivized from going because of the pricing policy and a fanbase that EXPECTS purely because we were told that’s why we were paying through the nose.

Anybkdy should have been able to see that the moment things started going wrong our pricing policy would be massively called into question but yet we all sleepwalked into this by not sticking up for fellow fans while the going was relatively good. Have we as a fanbase reaped what we have sown in some way? 

Well said. 

1 hour ago, Semedo's ferret said:

18 yr old daughter who's in education and has a small part time job wanted to go last night. Until we saw the cost. She went shopping at meadowhall instead.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Wonder how many times that's happened this season

Barry Bannan does it too... lol

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Doctor Duran said:

About how to alienate people on the breadline and telling them to come no where near a football match..   beggers belief that comment.

Now I do hope that people can and will take up the £20 offer.. I will and probs so will my son..  but without widespread adverstising it will have a minimal effect.

Then it should be £20 until the end of the season adults and a £5 for u21 and a £1 for U7.. to drag back the fans hopefully.. no matter who we play

Give the chance for someone on the breadline who is a "loyal" fan and trust me there are plenty that fall into the range.. so he or she can bring their young un along too.

I stand by that to be honest, no offence meant at all - sorry if any caused

If you are struggling for money - why on earth would you spend any on a football match - just common sense i'd have thought.

It can't be £20.00 for the rest of the season as you well know and to suggest it is a bit silly.

If we get 42k for Wembley/Cardiff  - big fancy matches i grant you - but expensive VERY VERY expensive, why can we not get 30-33k for a home match at £20?.

11 hours ago, cactus said:

Seeing as season ticket holders are included in the attendance figure, whether they attend or not, how does tonight’s attendance correlate to season ticket holders staying away?

It wasn't, but instead was showing POTG, which is falling.

And the empty seats normally housing Season ticket holders, showing a general lack of interest.

14 minutes ago, torres said:

If you are struggling for money - why on earth would you spend any on a football match - just common sense i'd have thought.

It can't be £20.00 for the rest of the season as you well know and to suggest it is a bit silly.

If we get 42k for Wembley/Cardiff  - big fancy matches i grant you - but expensive VERY VERY expensive, why can we not get 30-33k for a home match at £20?.

Did cause me any offence.. thankfully i'm not at the level..  but not at the level to spunk £40 a game either..

I've been at the level,  i worked as a steward during the mid 90's just so i could watch the match or be there, when cash was very tight when the kids were young.

So yeah don't waste money on the football when you have other priorities.. but I'd imagine at £20 etc maybe an older father / mother would dip into their pocket to bring them.

Or bring the U21 year old's along for a £5.. or the kids who are saving up deposits for house's living with parents.. etc etc etc..

Just increase the incentives for the remaining 5 home games

Bolton (h)

Preston (h)

Fulham (h)

Reading (h)

Norwich (h)

None of which are stadium fillers and all should be discounted.. cause they team needs the support.

18 minutes ago, torres said:

‘I stand by that to be honest, no offence meant at all - sorry if any caused’

Lets be honest you aren’t sorry. You couldn’t care less and from reading what you put it seems you lack empathy and understanding for other people’s situation. 

In on an earlier post you suggest people who struggle for money should stay away from football. By that logic anyone short of money should just lock themselves away, lights off (don’t wanna waste electricity), in the cold, eating a raw tin of beans for dinner. Can’t waste a penny on anything other than essentials.

Just because people don’t have as much money as you obviously have doesn’t mean they should miss out on things in life. Granted there’s obviously a line. But a working man not being able to take his family to a football match means something is wrong with the club or football culture in general. 

Im currently lucky enough I can just about afford to attend games if I wish. Not always the case. But our chairman has taken that away from lots of loyal owls. 

I woukdvt be be surprised if Chansiri comes across as the Grinch who stole Christmas to some.

12 hours ago, Lambretta said:

Why the carlos debacle 13 games in 2 wins now? How long before the Jos  debacle?

You can only really include Joey Pelupessy in the Jos Debacle!

CC's team, CC's pre-season that's left us with a decimated unfit squad! Why is it not CC's?

4 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

‘I stand by that to be honest, no offence meant at all - sorry if any caused’

Lets be honest you aren’t sorry. You couldn’t care less and from reading what you put it seems you lack empathy and understanding for other people’s situation. 

In on an earlier post you suggest people who struggle for money should stay away from football. By that logic anyone short of money should just lock themselves away, lights off (don’t wanna waste electricity), in the cold, eating a raw tin of beans for dinner. Can’t waste a penny on anything other than essentials.

Just because people don’t have as much money as you obviously have doesn’t mean they should miss out on things in life. Granted there’s obviously a line. But a working man not being able to take his family to a football match means something is wrong with the club or football culture in general. 

Im currently lucky enough I can just about afford to attend games if I wish. Not always the case. But our chairman has taken that away from lots of loyal owls. 

I woukdvt be be surprised if Chansiri comes across as the Grinch who stole Christmas to some.

If you don't have enough money to do stuff you don't have enough money to do stuff!!!

It's not a right to go anywhere you want - it's just how things work!

''But a working man not being able to take his family to a football match means something is wrong with the club or football culture in general.''

All i am is a working man with kids, a wife a house etc. 

£40.00 for a match is a disgrace - DC should be booted out of football for it.

£20.00 is ok i think - thats all i'm saying - if you have an average wage, lifestyle etc - IF IF IF you are bothered about football/Wednesday then you go on Saturday

Those that are in that bracket but don't go - are just not bothered - which is fair enough! But people can't moan when DC doesn't cut prices cus he will be correct in stating it's not worth it!!!

So my original point of any part timer that can make it on Saturday really should make the effort

50 minutes ago, Doctor Duran said:

The way we're playing at moment it could put em off for life. :duntmatter:

Wembley is a one off event so people push out the boat, bit like Stones charging imo ridiculous prices, it's an event of a lifetime.

Paying money to watch Burton, Brum, Ipswich turn up in a cold and outdated environment take the wee wee is certainly not a positive "experience"

Edited by modboy

I did a charity event Saturday night and auctioned 2 tickets for Wednesday and 2 for United. 

The tickets for United worth for any game until end of season. Fetched £50.

The tickets for Wednesday came with stipulations - can't be used in the last 2 home games, value of £25 each only so you would have to put the rest to on higher priced games. Fetched £12 for the pair.

Its 2 tickets for a charity eventand we can't even do that right!

• Haha 1