Tonight's Attendance - Season Ticket Holders are stopping going

8 minutes ago, torres said:

If you don't have enough money to do stuff you don't have enough money to do stuff!!!

It's not a right to go anywhere you want - it's just how things work!

''But a working man not being able to take his family to a football match means something is wrong with the club or football culture in general.''

All i am is a working man with kids, a wife a house etc. 

£40.00 for a match is a disgrace - DC should be booted out of football for it.

£20.00 is ok i think - thats all i'm saying - if you have an average wage, lifestyle etc - IF IF IF you are bothered about football/Wednesday then you go on Saturday

Those that are in that bracket but don't go - are just not bothered - which is fair enough! But people can't moan when DC doesn't cut prices cus he will be correct in stating it's not worth it!!!

So my original point of any part timer that can make it on Saturday really should make the effort

It isn’t a right to go anywhere you want. However you have to be able to do somethings and our chairman has taken that away (in a footballing sense) from many. 

Like someone said earlier it’s crumbs, that’s what he’s chucking at people with the £20 game. N I also understand why some will say shove it up your arse.

Why is is great to offer £20 for a poo fixture. Anywhere else you are offered and inferior product it costs less. Chansiri is the one who’s made us customers so that’s how we now look at things. 

So so if I don’t go to watch our wee wee poor reserves Saturday when the team is playing awful, with no commitment, desire or effort, I should part with my hard earned money? If you’re don’t I’m not bothered about football or Wednesday.

Wow just wow! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

It isn’t a right to go anywhere you want. However you have to be able to do somethings and our chairman has taken that away (in a footballing sense) from many. 

Like someone said earlier it’s crumbs, that’s what he’s chucking at people with the £20 game. N I also understand why some will say shove it up your arse.

Why is is great to offer £20 for a poo fixture. Anywhere else you are offered and inferior product it costs less. Chansiri is the one who’s made us customers so that’s how we now look at things. 

So so if I don’t go to watch our wee wee poor reserves Saturday when the team is playing awful, with no commitment, desire or effort, I should part with my hard earned money? If you’re don’t I’m not bothered about football or Wednesday.

Wow just wow! 

You've not written it very eloquently but if you are saying - if you are a ''fan'' with adequate resources and you don't attend Saturday - do i think you are not bothered about Wednesday?

Then yes you are correct!

Big game - £20.00  - why wouldn't you?

We are not playing well you said - sorry i must have been asleep for the last 20 years when we have been brilliant!!

Wednesday fans will be there on Saturday.

This whole argument is everything wrong currently

Fans defending the ticketing pricing strategy that's priced many out of being able to go to games.

Again Torres you're missing the point that many fans will have:

1) Stopped even looking because the perception is they can't afford to go to the game (how will they know it's £20 saturday?)
2) Seen the attacks on them from uberfans and felt even more disenfranchised
3) Not seen Saturday as a 'big game' whatsoever. It's a bottom of the league game in miserable circumstances

The attitude of fans towards other fans has to change because previously that was our fanbase's strongest attribute

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, tarn owl said:

Summed up in 2 sentences how crazy our current position is. Future fans and possible ST holders of the future are not going because of money. Before anyone starts the 'if the tickets were £20 attendance wouldn't change' here you go!

I'm in the same boat, now my son's 17 it's limiting our games even more.

Going to the match becomes a habit and when it get broken it's harder to get fans back.

The odd cheap game won't get people back, the price has to be reasonably priced consistently.

33 minutes ago, WayneTheOwl said:

I did a charity event Saturday night and auctioned 2 tickets for Wednesday and 2 for United. 

The tickets for United worth for any game until end of season. Fetched £50.

The tickets for Wednesday came with stipulations - can't be used in the last 2 home games, value of £25 each only so you would have to put the rest to on higher priced games. Fetched £12 for the pair.

Its 2 tickets for a charity eventand we can't even do that right!

Jesus Christ how petty is that?

I know we must be thankful to Mr C and all that but I hate to remind him that we are a 2 club city and if we keep making blunder after blunder while Sheff Utd are riding relatively high we could actually lose this city for generations. We are not that much bigger than the blades and if we end up mincing around the lower leagues charging rip-off places and taking the fans as mugs whilst it’s cheaper to go to them lot right in the city centre we’ve f**ked it.

37 minutes ago, WayneTheOwl said:

I did a charity event Saturday night and auctioned 2 tickets for Wednesday and 2 for United. 

The tickets for United worth for any game until end of season. Fetched £50.

The tickets for Wednesday came with stipulations - can't be used in the last 2 home games, value of £25 each only so you would have to put the rest to on higher priced games. Fetched £12 for the pair.

Its 2 tickets for a charity eventand we can't even do that right!

As a club, we're so far detached from real life its frightening. 

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Fans defending the ticketing pricing strategy that's priced many out of being able to go to games.

1) Stopped even looking because the perception is they can't afford to go to the game (how will they know it's £20 saturday?)
3) Not seen Saturday as a 'big game' whatsoever. It's a bottom of the league game in miserable circumstances

The attitude of fans towards other fans has to change because previously that was our fanbase's strongest attribute

I've noticed this too.

I started watching Wednesday about 12/18 months before the name "Chansiri" had even been heard of by fans. The football under Jones then Gray was mostly of quite low quality, but two things always struck me about those times: The effort of the players and the comradery of the fans. It meant that I never left Hillsborough feeling too bothered by the result, and I never read Owlstalk with too much disdain. All that's changed since Chansiri's first full season.

I think too many Wednesday fans have had mediocrity for too long, and the second an owner came in willing to throw more money than sense at the project, fans were falling over themselves in excitement. And if that meant sniping at the few dissidents at the time then so be it. There were only a few as well, because apart from the pricing strategy, things were good. Problem is, over time, DC has made more and more decisions that have slowly disillusioned more of the fanbase... be it kit, badge, sponsorship and corporate pricing etc. The voices of the disillusioned grew larger and louder. It meant things got more fractious. TruFansTM continued to take a morally superior high ground because they were still in the default position of "Supporting Wednesday", and dissenters weren't. You're only a TruFanTM if the support was near unconditional. That and you're willing to spend throw as much money as possible to help finance DC's project.

All this can be overlooked and largely brushed under the carpet when things are going well. Ultimately no matter how bad the politics of a football club are, if the product you pay to watch is getting the results, then the bottom line is that whatever is necessary is being done to do what we have to do. The second they turn... the divides in the fanbase open up. People aren't so willing to forgive the feeling that they've been looked down on for the last couple of years by the TruFansTm. You want evidence of that, just look at how passionately Geoffrey has been arguing his case of trying to warn people on here. Hell, it could be argued I've done the same a couple of times on here too. Bitterness is winning... on all sides. 

Ultimately it doesn't feel the same club that I started watching just a few short years ago. I've never had the same attachment and sense of identity that the vast majority on posters on here have felt for the club, because they've been supporting Wednesday for decades and I've basically just turned up. But I don't recognise the atmosphere, heart or ethos of either this club or this fanbase any more. I'd love to say I'm apathetic about it... and I mostly am. Schadenfreude has kicked in more than once this season and I've found myself quietly amused by the whole debacle. But I also didn't get to sleep until 5am this morning because I couldn't stop thinking about yesterday's result and performance. I reckon I care more than I'd like to admit. 

21 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Bang on 

3 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

Jesus Christ how petty is that?

I know we must be thankful to Mr C and all that but I hate to remind him that we are a 2 club city and if we keep making blunder after blunder while Sheff Utd are riding relatively high we could actually lose this city for generations. We are not that much bigger than the blades and if we end up mincing around the lower leagues charging rip-off places and taking the fans as mugs whilst it’s cheaper to go to them lot right in the city centre we’ve f**ked it.

I know it's only a tiny thing... but I've noticed that at the Uni of Sheffield box office there's been an advert for every Utd home game (bar the derby match) at 10 quid a pop. Our £15 student tickets have been advertised twice. I don't think Chansiri is really bothered about that market, fair enough... but coupled with the POTG prices, I really don't know how he's hoping to bring in new fans during his tenure as chairman. There seems to be no strategy of doing so and instead just focusing on the existing fanbase and maximising revenue from them. Fair enough to a certain extent, but in the medium and long term it doesn't seem a smart idea. 

• Like 1

I was sat in the North last night and went home unhappy. not just because of the result but for the following three reasons.

1. Watching some of our squad players who are clearly not good enough for this league. 

2. Watching a manager stood arms folded showing no passion.

3. Listening to the doom and gloom from fans in a stadium with no atmosphere.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, torres said:

Agree our advertising is bad!! Really BAD!!

But this is THE chance to show our deluded chairman that with decent pricing we can get lots more people through the gates, make more money on ''extras''  - hopefully make a better atmosphere, highlight the excellent fan base we COULD have and move onto better things.

It's up to the part timers to stand up and help a bigger cause

Its the club’s responsibility to attract more fans to come to the games.  Our fans have already done their bit.

If the attendance on Saturday is underwhelming then that’s the club’s fault, not the fans.

If the club can’t formulate an appropriate pricing strategy, then more fool them.

29 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

I was working but usually take one of the kids...non of them wanted to go...I wasn't gutted to miss it either lol 

You are the last person I'd imagine saying that tbh, shows how bad we've got

25 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I want as many there as possible - i presume we all do?

Would you say £20.00 is reasonable for a championship match? (try to forget the last week for a second!) 

Would you say Saturday is an important match in our season?

Would you say if you were a Wednesday supporter you would want to see an important match at a reasonable price?

I would suggest right minded people would say yes to these 3 simple questions.

Therefore surely we should be looking at 30k+

Advertising etc is not great - but it's a huge excuse isn't it lets be honest 

6 minutes ago, The Captain said:

Its the club’s responsibility to attract more fans to come to the games.  Our fans have already done their bit.

If the attendance on Saturday is underwhelming then that’s the club’s fault, not the fans.

If the club can’t formulate an appropriate pricing strategy, then more fool them.

What would you do then?

I'm not defending the club for the sake of it because i think the club is a complete shambles  - but its a two way thing.

Cheap tickets  - for now an important match - what else would you do?

1 hour ago, torres said:

I stand by that to be honest, no offence meant at all - sorry if any caused

If you are struggling for money - why on earth would you spend any on a football match - just common sense i'd have thought.

It can't be £20.00 for the rest of the season as you well know and to suggest it is a bit silly.

If we get 42k for Wembley/Cardiff  - big fancy matches i grant you - but expensive VERY VERY expensive, why can we not get 30-33k for a home match at £20?.

Because people get out of the habit. If the prices were reasonable week in week out,  people would go on a more regular basis.

I pay on the gate because I get one weekend off every 5 weeks and live 50 miles away,  if the game I can get to is category a then I'm likely to miss it, but if tickets are reasonably priced consistently then people keep in the habit.

6 minutes ago, torres said:

Would you say £20.00 is reasonable for a championship match? (try to forget the last week for a second!) 

Would you say if you were a Wednesday supporter you would want to see an important match at a reasonable price?

Again your argument is too idealistic, misses many points, and doesn't grasp the requirements, thoughts and perceptions of the non-season ticket holder

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, torres said:

Your making the mistake of thinking people who haven't been for two years are wetting themselves with excitement cus it's only  £20 satday..well they're not..they probably don't even know it's £20 and more importantly..goin to the match is something they don't do anymore they're out of the habit..got loads er mates who don't go anymore and they won't be goin on satday..they will do the odd away game for the pi5 5 up and that's it..

• Like 1