Tonight's Attendance - Season Ticket Holders are stopping going

15 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I honestly believe it's about 3000/4000 season ticket holders that aren't turning up now for home games.

Whether that's just staying away, giving away their season tickets or selling them on to another fan to use I reckon that many season ticket holders simply aren't going to home games.

Then his business model is unsustainable - people won't renew as they will fall out of the habit.

He'll be left with around 17000 ST holders with no POTD. 

Of course fans are fickle and will blow with the wind if we start winning, but the rot set in 18 months ago, and the style and quality of games has been shocking. There's not much entertainment now at Hillsborough, and whilst I appreciate supporters shouldn't demand or expect entertainment, these non-footballing owners have certainly turned the game into an entertainment business; one where us customers are forced to make decisions - decisions we wouldn't have contemplated making 20/30/40 years ago when prices were reasonable.

I don't blame Reading Owl..he has stood by what he stated several seasons ago...His supposed  attitude of "Ambivalence" is a crock though...You wouldn't bother posting would you?

If you were ambivalent.

We have what we have at the minute, and unless DC wises up..and rather quickly about football, and about football fans, we are going to have it for a fair old while.

The POTG prices are stupid....not only because they are far to steep, but anyone with any sense is now seeing 

Even folk who have ALREADY paid..aren't coming...Its beyond even letting folk in for free isn't it?..I mean what next..pay US to turn up.?

Happy f.ookin' anniversary!!

2 minutes ago, Animis said:

Then his business model is unsustainable - people won't renew as they will fall out of the habit.

He'll be left with around 17000 ST holders with no POTD. 

Of course fans are fickle and will blow with the wind if we start winning, but the rot set in 18 months ago, and the style and quality of games has been shocking. There's not much entertainment now at Hillsborough, and whilst I appreciate supporters shouldn't demand or expect entertainment, these non-footballing owners have certainly turned the game into an entertainment business; one where us customers are forced to make decisions - decisions we wouldn't have contemplated making 20/30/40 years ago when prices were reasonable.

The recent vote thing too - what was that about?

We can't fulfill the fans wishes on that either by the looks of it?

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, cactus said:

Seeing as season ticket holders are included in the attendance figure, whether they attend or not, how does tonight’s attendance correlate to season ticket holders staying away?

Several have posted and stated they are staying away...apart from that.....

Just wish the Chairman would pack his bags and leave.

He’s ruined the fan base which for me is the lifeblood of this club and what makes watching Wednesday great.

ST holder and I’ve missed tonight for genuine reasons but heartbreaking to see all the fans who haven’t gone/disconnected/won’t walk up due to our outrageous pricing and leadership.

For a so called successful business man I’ve never come across someone so out of touch with their “customer” base

• Like 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

The recent vote thing too - what was that about?

We can't fulfill the fans wishes on that either by the looks of it?

This will be a telling moment. There's still some blind hope in the fan base that throwing money at the playing staff is a means to an end. I don't even think DC believes it now, but will he publically change course?

I think he's properly lost the plot - I hope the CEO can rescue what has been one of the worse seasons on and off the pitch I can remember, and we had a few.

1 hour ago, ReadingOwl said:

I haven’t been since the new bloke took over. Once he announced the POTG prices for the 2015 season, that was it for me.

£42+ to watch second Division football against Bristol City? No thanks.  And, I can well afford it too. But I didn’t want to be a part of ‘it’ anymore.

The Club is a complete shambles - everything about it, now. Both on and off the field.

Sorry to say that I think it will all end in tears - the bloke hasn’t got a clue about the Club’s history or traditions.

I still follow them - from a distance. But it isn’t my Club anymore, so the pain isn’t the same. It really isn’t. 

Ambivalent.

He’s ruined the fan base - long term it will ebb away too.

Its a sorry state of affairs.

Same here,I won't go again after this season. It isn't our club any more,it's not what I signed up for all those years ago. I Dunno what happens in CEO world when 'customers' like us are lost .... how do you replace them,a special offer to other clubs fans to switch allegiance? Is that what they think happens? Seriously? 

Absolute shambles ! No idea of football fan culture at all 

It was certainly down tonight. Then again i think Tue night is one with higher absenteeism among STHs.  I probably miss half of them. Daughter generally doesn't do them.

At the margin if you're an STH you tend to make efforts if a game is important and the team is playing well. If not, not. May get a bit of a flow back as the crisis deepens (and the weather improves)

5 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Several have posted and stated they are staying away...apart from that.....

I’m referring to Neil posting the attendance figure & claiming that it shows season tickets holders not turning up.

The only thing it shows is little, or no, POTG and a small away following.

Just now, cactus said:

I’m referring to Neil posting the attendance figure & claiming that it shows season tickets holders not turning up.

The only thing it shows is little, or no, POTG and a small away following.

Not at all

Not when you count the number of empty seats, then look at the attendance figures

Regardless of how you pick at the figures or logic I bet you  that I'm right

Owlstalk Shop

9 minutes ago, TheLastSleepingGiant said:

Just wish the Chairman would pack his bags and leave.

He’s ruined the fan base which for me is the lifeblood of this club and what makes watching Wednesday great.

ST holder and I’ve missed tonight for genuine reasons but heartbreaking to see all the fans who haven’t gone/disconnected/won’t walk up due to our outrageous pricing and leadership.

For a so called successful business man I’ve never come across someone so out of touch with their “customer” base

I think there’s a big cultural disconnection at play. He simply doesn’t understand English football fans and the uniqueness of football clubs. 

45 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

People who have already paid for it are not turning up. How many season tickets are we expecting to shift in the next 10 days or so before the deadline at top 6 Championship prices when we don't know whether we will be playing Championship football at all next season?

They certainly won't be having my two ST's.

A dirty grunter couldn't have messed this club up more if they'd done it on purpose.

I don't mind following them in League 1 at League 1 prices. But I'm not having my leg lifted and paying Premier League Prices in League 1.

And gi f00king stripes back too you clueless f00kwits!!!

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Not at all

Not when you count the number of empty seats, then look at the attendance figures

Regardless of how you pick at the figures or logic I bet you  that I'm right

No Neil, you’re not.

I know plenty of season ticket holders are not going, but seeing as they are counted in the attendance figures anyway. Any drop, or increase, in attendance figures are purely down to POTG and away follower numbers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

I don't blame Reading Owl..he has stood by what he stated several seasons ago...His supposed  attitude of "Ambivalence" is a crock though...You wouldn't bother posting would you?

If you were ambivalent.

We have what we have at the minute, and unless DC wises up..and rather quickly about football, and about football fans, we are going to have it for a fair old while.

The POTG prices are stupid....not only because they are far to steep, but anyone with any sense is now seeing 

Even folk who have ALREADY paid..aren't coming...Its beyond even letting folk in for free isn't it?..I mean what next..pay US to turn up.?

Happy f.ookin' anniversary!!

I think I have become ambivalent. I used to hate myself when I didn’t go. As though it was my duty. I was letting the Club down, my heritage, my culture.

The Club was part of me and vice versa. I was always proud of where I came from (the Cross, in particular)  and of being an Owl. No matter how bad we were - it was my Club and we were all in it together.

I wasn’t even that bothered when we were rubbish - because it was ‘our rubbish’.

Gallows humour, as Neil, says - even Stevenage away. I was always going to pack them up - but never could.

Now, if I’m minded I listen on Wednesday Player. I’m still dissapointed if we lose - but does it ruin my day/evening/weekend? Not at all.

Im no longer part of it - it’s not my Club anymore and a lot of the posters on here aren’t my kind of fellow fans.

Divide and conquer, survival of the fittest/richest, dog eat dog. Ridicule and abuse towards anyone that shows dissent.

I’m not going into all the things that I hate about the current set up, about what the Club has become. 

But yes, I’ve become ambivalent to it all. It doesn’t hurt anymore.

Well, not like it used to.

This bloke won’t get a penny out of me - unless he changes his ways.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, cactus said:

No Neil, you’re not.

I know plenty of season ticket holders are not going, but seeing as they are counted in the attendance figures anyway. Any drop, or increase, in attendance figures are purely down to POTG and away follower numbers.

no no no

You're missing my point
I'm not talking about the attendance figures specifically

I'm saying that out of all our season ticket holders I am betting you that 3000 to 4000 have stopped using their season tickets and stopped going.

The attendance figures don't reflect this of course because the season ticket holders are always included 

POTG numbers are bound to be down too due to league position, quality of football, being told they're not as good a fan as the truefans etc

Owlstalk Shop