Any armed forces/sericemen on here?

5 minutes ago, DundeeOWLS said:

Ex Royal Marine Commando here 17 years in still a reservist now - knew a few fellow wednesdayites in the Corps! UtO WAWAW! 

Always had a lot of respect for you bootnecks, served with some good lads in previous ship’s 

Es Army 25 years been out a year now, don’t miss it one jot. Watched Wednesday all my life used to travel back from Germany most weekends to watch the games in the 90s. Watched us get relegated in 2010 from a FOB in Helmand Province, missed the FA Cup final due to my boss being a c n u t, just a few memories 

• Like 4

Been in the RAF just over 20 years.

Dog trainer and handler have been my main role throughout, minus some bits of instructing here and there.

Had a home and away season ticket for many years and don’t miss many games unless on a deployment.  Call in favours and take leave accordingly to make matches.

• Like 4

Just now, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Centurion or Sherman?

Chieftain, But did move onto Challenger, just before leaving my Regiment was in Ireland, I had to handover a complete Regiment of tanks to the 17/21st for the first

Gulf war, as we were the first regiment to get Challenger.

• Like 1

Just now, OwlsPilgrim said:

Always had a lot of respect for you bootnecks, served with some good lads in previous ship’s 

Thanks - I have respect for anyone who’s done there bit no matter the cap badge , I’ve known good lads in all the services. 

1 minute ago, Sam779 said:

Dog trainer and handler have been my main role throughout, minus some bits of instructing here and there.

Had a home and away season ticket for many years and don’t miss many games unless on a deployment.  Call in favours and take leave accordingly to make matches.

Been sorting your mutts out all day with some warmer accommodation. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, daleblue said:

In a tank Regiment for 15yrs,Commander, Sig op, Gunner,Driver, Drv Mechanic, Driving Instructor, Once took a 6 week course, one of the lads hit the foundations

of a bridge, cost to tank £25,000, cost of bridge repairs 130,000 DM, so we tried not to do it too often, once completely blacked out a village by taking out the electricity

supply,sparks everywhere.

Lots of stories, good times, good friends.

Only ever saw Wednesday when on leave as majority of time spent in Germany, Paderborn was the best place I was posted spent 6 years there, whilst there played at

Hamburg SV stadium against Hamburg BP who were their sponsors at the time in a pre-match to the main event Hamburg V Southampton, in a pre-season friendly which the clubs had agreed to on the sale of Kevin Keegan, met him and Lawrie McMenenemy, and the rest of the team. Good times.

How many high explosive rounds would it take to demolish the lepp?

Also could one tank do it or would it take loads....like the war of the worlds.?

FFS.

3 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

Es Army 25 years been out a year now, don’t miss it one jot. Watched Wednesday all my life used to travel back from Germany most weekends to watch the games in the 90s. Watched us get relegated in 2010 from a FOB in Helmand Province, missed the FA Cup final due to my boss being a c n u t, just a few memories 

Remember watching Beckham's equalizer v Greece from a tent in the Oman & the 5-1 v Germany on a run ashore in Portugal.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Been sorting your mutts out all day with some warmer accommodation. 

Marham?  I knew they were having problems.  They asked me for advice (I’m in Oxfordshire) and I boasted that my kennel lines were all at temperatures from 19-24 degrees.

Warmer than my office...

My uncle was a recruiting sergeant in the KOSB's and a lone piper at the Edinburgh Military Tattoo, not the one on the telly up on the castle ramparts though, stood on his own because he farted a lot..

:biggrin:

Edited by steveger
  • Haha 3

Remember getting ready to go parachuting and getting locked in a room by the RAF whilst they watched the England Argies game where Beckham got sent off. They then cancelled the sortie after the match! One of the lads got his own back the following week as he punched a full sick bag into the chest of the RAF jump instructor as he went out of the door. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, steveger said:

My uncle was a recruiting sergeant in the KSOB's and a lone piper at the Edinburgh Military Tattoo, not the one on the telly up on the castle ramparts though, stood on his own because he farted a lot..

:biggrin:

My dad tried to dodge conscription by hiding under the bed dressed as Florence nightingale....the RAF still took him.

FFS.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Sam779 said:

He asked for any brave service folk Sam.

Stop taking liberties.