Number of fouls given in the Championship on Saturday

It's a highly unusual stat, certainly, but that doesn't mean a) the ref was bought or that b) the result would have been different had the count been more balanced.

Now stop this ref witch-hunt and move onto the next game, people!

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

28167775_10215839241993443_3238624706986817124_n.jpg

I know it won't make any difference to the match result, but seriously, I think the club should be reporting all this to the FA, along with a full video of the game... why let this ref. get away with it? He's either bent or incompetent. Let the FA decide which and act accordingly.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Onge said:

It's a highly unusual stat, certainly, but that doesn't mean a) the ref was bought or that b) the result would have been different had the count been more balanced.

Now stop this ref witch-hunt and move onto the next game, people!

Yes it does if that smallprick gives the Terry foul on Adthe he has to send off Terry by the laws of the game, so of course the result could have been well different.

I am not saying we were good enough to win but we will never know that now.

I was at the game on Saturday and I must admit I cannot remember a more one sided refereeing performance in all my years. It was a complete mystery, both in the bookings and the fouls given. It is nearly impossible to only give away only one foul in a whole game ( 90 minutes of a contact sport). Not going into each individual foul, but just to say that there was no aggressive play by either side and the strength of tackling was very similar. How the ref arrived at his decisions, only he will know. We can only hope that the referee assessor was more balanced in his report on his performance and reports the facts correctly. Not that the FA will do anything, but will perhaps stand him down for a while.

• Like 1

He needs to be stood down, pending an investigation based on the assessor's report and full tape of the match. The level of bias appeared to go beyond incompetence and towards corruption. In the absence of evidence of monies changing hands, the charge should be bringing the game into disrepute. Given the extremity of his bias, he should never be paid to referee again: absolute disgrace.

12 minutes ago, attyjake said:

Yes it does if that smallprick gives the Terry foul on Adthe he has to send off Terry by the laws of the game, so of course the result could have been well different.

I am not saying we were good enough to win but we will never know that now.

We were sat in the South and right in line with that Terry foul. It was a foul imo and should have been given, but it was questionable that Terry was the last man in their defence, as another defender was in line with him, having caught up with the play and was not that far from Dave and Terry, with still a distance to go to the penalty area, so not a certain opportunity of a goal. That was a 50-50% decision in my book. But it WAS a foul BUT if it was NOT a foul,in the refs eyes, then the ref should have booked Big Dave for diving, but he didn't do that either. ODD ?

I normally say 'stop blaming the ref', 'it evens itself out', 'just win the game 3-0 and the ref isn't an issue'. This is different, he was absolutely terrible and should not ref in the PL again. Wednesday should request an explanation from the FA for his performance because I personally feel he cost us 1 point, 1 point we may wish we had come May.

1 minute ago, the mighty wednesday said:

According to one stats site we fouled 16 times and this was 94% of our tackles therefore only one was not a foul.

Villa fouled once which equated to 6% of their tackles so they made 15 or 16 tackles which were not fouls.

This bears no resemblance to the game I saw.

Eh?

It's in this very thread

lol

28167775_10215839241993443_3238624706986817124_n.jpg

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, Whatahoot said:

We were sat in the South and right in line with that Terry foul. It was a foul imo and should have been given, but it was questionable that Terry was the last man in their defence, as another defender was in line with him, having caught up with the play and was not that far from Dave and Terry, with still a distance to go to the penalty area, so not a certain opportunity of a goal. That was a 50-50% decision in my book. But it WAS a foul BUT if it was NOT a foul,in the refs eyes, then the ref should have booked Big Dave for diving, but he didn't do that either. ODD ?

I watched on TV replays and I though the other defender was too far away to catch big Dave but all the same I reckon 80% of honest refs would have given foul and booked/sent off Terry. Some say he just got a touch on the ball but that does not matter, the laws of the game say you cannot tackle from behind even if you get the ball because you will almost always bring the man down too. Thats why big D went down.