Number of fouls given in the Championship on Saturday

@OWLSTALK

After some statistical digging while working from home :ph34r: whilst it's difficult pre 1990s, the following is apparently true;

1 foul is a record for the EFL and as there is no evidence of a team.playing a match and not commiting a foul probably the equal lowest since football started to be played in England.

The ratio of fouls 1/16 is the biggest ever in EFL and most probably in English football.

There were match altering 8 contentious decisions. All went Villas way.

While none of these is evidence of corruption the statistical anomalies are so acute that if these were betting patterns they would be investigated without doubt.

Many many fans left feeling something wasn't right and then the stats tell the same story.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Peacenocchio said:

@OWLSTALK

After some statistical digging while working from home :ph34r: whilst it's difficult pre 1990s, the following is apparently true;

1 foul is a record for the EFL and as there is no evidence of a team.playing a match and not commiting a foul probably the equal lowest since football started to be played in England.

The ratio of fouls 1/16 is the biggest ever in EFL and most probably in English football.

There were match altering 8 contentious decisions. All went Villas way.

While none of these is evidence of corruption the statistical anomalies are so acute that if these were betting patterns they would be investigated without doubt.

Many many fans left feeling something wasn't right and then the stats tell the same story.

Yeah absolutely no doubt about it that the figures (And the stats you post above) are absolutely gobsmackingly shocking

So obvious that it's in need of a proper thorough looking at by those in charge

ps - thanks for posting - interesting figures/stats there mate

Owlstalk Shop

I am one who doesn’t believe in conspiracies or corruption theories but the statistics of Saturdays game are damning. Coupled with the ‘goal over the line’, Terry’s pullback on Dave and their penalty it does point that there could be something in this.

Even if there isn’t, I would like to understand why a referee would like to give 1 team 16 free kicks to our 1. I wouldn’t mind, but we are a right ‘powder puff’ team.

In all my years watching football, I’ve never seen one sided stats like that on fouls.