VIDEO - Sheffield Wednesday vs Villa - Extended Highlights

Watching it back there are clear examples where one of our players is fouled, e.g. Clare at the beginning, Reach tackled from behind

However, despite the continuing feeling that he wasn't entirely "fair" I think the really controversial decisions are less clear cut than I for one initially thought:

- the foul for the cross that lead to the first goal I still think was harsh for a free kick

- the cross from snideygrass for Whelan is difficult to tell, only someone directly inline could see that but looks mighty close and possibly still in

- the Terry challenge on Nuhui look like he got the ball but questionable if it was from behind, you've seen them given

- the corner for the 3rd, never a corner

- Pudil definitely went in hard on snideygrass and I suppose others may have given penalties but it strikes me the ball had been passed and it was more like the two collided as opposed to Pudil fouling him with the ball

I thought tackles from behind were free kicks now regardless of playing the ball or not. Reach was tackled from behind and I think taken before the ball which turned over possession before their 2nd goal. The free kick for their first was not a foul. Terry tackled Nuhiu from behind so should have also been a foul regardless of touching the ball or not.

In any case I thought both Nuhiu and Reach were fouled even if my theory of tackles from behind being outlawed is wrong.

I'm still seething over it all even now. We also had bad luck in not being able to get the ball over the line in two goalmouth scrambles and the ball rebounding off the post, hitting the keeper and bouncing away from goal instead of into it.

I've also looked at the stats of the game and there is no way that we had 17 tackles and all but one were fouls and that Villa made 16 tackles and only one was a foul. It does not make any sense at all. I could understand it if they only made 3 tackles but their stats are a mirror image of ours. There were strange forces at work to achieve those figures.

The video is published by SWFC, but I find it hard to believe they'd have left out so many contentious decisions - even if just to show the FA what we had to put up with.

The editing even showed the ref playing advantage, where in reality he had blown the whistle so all our players had stopped but he then changed his mind and gave advantage when he saw their player was still running with the ball.   Never seen ought like it.

I'd love to see a proper video of the refs decision making in that game.

7 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Problem with highlights is it doesn't show the myriad of things that went on over the 90 minutes, which combined would probably be somewhere near 40 odd.

I can think of about seven incidents just involving Snodgrass. 

That is the key for me. And where my suspicions arise from.

The other conspiracy is that when Paul Alcock died recently it raised the profile of the Di Canio incident

Terrible referee or not I can't believe we didn't win that game. So many chances we couldn't finish and all of their goals very soft.

Still lots to be optomistic about. Don't think we have created that much in one game since Carlos' first season. 

If we play like that every game under Jos and tighten up at the back (Lees should help with this) I'll be happy.

To be fair that's a reet tackle from Terry. I said at the point Joao put the ball through, Nuhuis just not got the pace. Shame it wasn't Nuhui to Joao, though I'm not sure nuhui would have had the vision to play it through either. 

The penalty, I can see why it was given. 

The Clare foul, absolutely shocking decision as were the Snodgrass dives and lack of giving us anything all game.

Oh and the tip over the bar from Wildsmith that was a goal kick. Just a terrible ref!