VIDEO - Sheffield Wednesday vs Villa - Extended Highlights

Why aren't they showing the Terry incident on the highlights ?

They do show the goal line decision system and that the ball had only halfway crossed the line. 

8 minutes ago, LSOwls said:

I can't believe they didn't show the Terry challenge. That's got to be the worst decision I have ever seen from a referee...

Rob Staton is even heard to say "why would Atdhe go down?" as the clip of him forcing a save is shown. I wonder if i follow put a standard highlight clip together as a matter of course to whitewash any controversy.

I rewound it on i follow several times yesterday but it was difficult to concentrate on it when the match was carrying on so I really wanted to see it again to be sure.

14 minutes ago, Buddy Repperton said:

Said during the game that if any villa player went over in the box, ref would immediately point to the spot and of course he did.

Utter disgrace.

We called it early on too.

we had to have a laugh when it got awarded. 

45 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

To be fair it was a penalty.

I'm not so sure; I can definitely see that he's run into Pudil full-tilt while Pudil's closing into make a tackle, and the contact is pretty heavy - but what's the defender meant to do there, step aside and let him through? It's not like he trips him, and it's not really obstruction either 'cos the pass from Snodgrass has already gone. Don't really get where the ref thinks Pudil should be in that scenario.

Edited by Mr. Tom

Villa used all of their 9 lives in that. Like all Steve Bruce's sides Villa are exponents are cheating and getting away with it, just like Alex Ferguson, Mark Wright etc do. They do it in a manner than is not easily detectable, by using players bodies instead of legs, feet and arms - example, Mark Wight pinning strikers down by sticking his armpit over their shoulder to stop them from jumping .

1 hour ago, Mr. Tom said:

I'm not so sure; I can definitely see that he's run into Pudil full-tilt while Pudil's closing into make a tackle, and the contact is pretty heavy - but what's the defender meant to do there, step aside and let him through? It's not like he trips him, and it's not really obstruction either 'cos the pass from Snodgrass has already gone. Don't really get where the ref thinks Pudil should be in that scenario.

Pudil basically ice-hockey body-checked him. Legal in ice hockey, not in football.

Not sure how any one could say it wasn't a pen?