Steve Bruce and Swarbrick

29 minutes ago, Will69 said:

Yes.

Or did we concede four goals against them because we outplayed them and felt bad about it?

Do you honestly believe that a team who performs better on the day can't possibly end up losing? I'm genuinely amazed if you really do think it's that simple.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Will69 said:

But we weren’t, were we?

And we conceded four goals across 90 minutes. Ergo they were the better team.

This is how it works.

In your world I’m the best player ever because I once scored a 40 yard pile driver after megging the left back, if I only count those 4 minutes.

Taken from Villa talk.

What the heck was our pen for ?

Daylight robbery!Theft and I love it!

If you look up "smash and grab" in The Oxford English dictionary the entry is as follows:
See Sheffield Wednesday v Aston Villa 24 February 2018 

How the hell did we win that?

boy were we lucky they didn't get the 3rd.

i have no idea how we won that, but never has a victory so underserved tasted so sweet.

We were poor, very poor. Sheffield Wednesday had 14 players out with injury and still outplayed us. 

Do you still  think Villa were the better team?

1 minute ago, nethertonowl said:

Taken from Villa talk.

What the heck was our pen for ?

Daylight robbery!Theft and I love it!

If you look up "smash and grab" in The Oxford English dictionary the entry is as follows:
See Sheffield Wednesday v Aston Villa 24 February 2018 

How the hell did we win that?

boy were we lucky they didn't get the 3rd.

i have no idea how we won that, but never has a victory so underserved tasted so sweet.

We were poor, very poor. Sheffield Wednesday had 14 players out with injury and still outplayed us. 

Do you still  think Villa were the better team?

Yes.

I came out the ground and said that was easily in the top 5 most abject refereeing performances i have seen in 44 years of watching football. I would go as far as to say corrupt. And if Mr Swarbrick wants to take me to court good I have 24,000 witnesses to back me up

1 minute ago, mkowl said:

I came out the ground and said that was easily in the top 5 most abject refereeing performances i have seen in 44 years of watching football. I would go as far as to say corrupt. And if Mr Swarbrick wants to take me to court good I have 24,000 witnesses to back me up

24k and 1, dont know how the guy can sleep tonight

3 hours ago, Will69 said:

Did we concede FOUR goals to a team at the polar opposite end of the table? Did we lose?

Yes.

So they were the better team. Either that or we were so good we took pity on them and started putting the ball in our own net like you do on FIFA to make it a challenge.

So by that rationale, the best, most deserving team is always the winner of a football match.

What a simplistic argument.

3 hours ago, Will69 said:

Write to the Football League and Football association, I’m sure they will write you back.

Or just let it go and accept we conceded four because we are terrible at the back.

And the red had a bad game.

It is that simple.

People can accept ref`s having a bad game , it happens week in ,week , out , but fans cannot accept bent ref`s . 

4 hours ago, Will69 said:

Let it go.

Villa were the better side, we lost to a top 6 team, we conceded FOUR goals.

Regardless of how “corrupt” the ref was. Accept it, move on, you’ll feel better for it.

Villa were never the better side and considering they were playing our second string and had the ref on board, they aught to have been out of sight. Yes we conceded 4 but three of those were through wrong decisions by that corrupt barsteward

4 hours ago, Will69 said:

Let it go.

Villa were the better side, we lost to a top 6 team, we conceded FOUR goals.

Regardless of how “corrupt” the ref was. Accept it, move on, you’ll feel better for it.

Conceded three goals.  That pen was utter shiiiite.

And the third goal was because we got completely clipped in midfield, no call, and Villa were on their way.