Dom Howson - "Where did the season ticket holders go??"

With regard to the season Ticket holders not supporting the cub by attending the cup match, there were several factors which Howsum failed to take into consideration/

1. Many people have to work on a Sat morning, and this job doesn't mean going and sitting at a football match for free.

2. Many Wednesday fans have to travel distances to watch their team, many through rural areas such as the Peak District. This means that the weather conditions , or the predicted weather conditions specifically, have to be taken into consideration.

3. In wintry conditions, many people more sensibly rather than risk the roads stay by the TV  

4. Neither the form of the home team, nor the away side lead anyone to suppose that it would be a classic. 

I am convinced, as a concessionary ST holder who bought a ticket, but didn't go,that the three major factors for the low crowd, had nothing to do with the price are due to the fact that Television was there, and the TIME of the k.o. was the factor.  

When I first started watching football, 70 years ago, you knew that unless it was a mid-week game, which was  usually on a Wednesday evening, football was on a Saturday at 3 pm. Now , this time is the exception rather than the rule. 

10 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Crowd slightly disappointing, but to make it the focal point of an article suggests this journalist has very little to write about. It was still a couple of thousand more than West Brom v Southampton cup match played on the same afternoon, at 3 o'clock and NOT televised! 

Spot on..Saints fans came in a taxi.................................

Had to walk home though lol

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Blades Preston...F.A cup ..Saturday 3pm...No doubt preston brought more than Swansea....

under 16k.....

nowt said?

Why?

Plenty of ways to ask the gormless get with modern technology.

I'd love to hear his response.

And they're storming the league.........:ph34r:

Edited by The only way is S6

EVERYBODY...who knows anything about football KNOWS The F.A cup has been like this for years....even league1 clubs are resting players.

As fans see the clubs hardly giving a flyer...The fans do the same....

I mean Swansea, no disrespect, but f.ookinell..They probably think the same about us...So wheres the sodding attraction?

Wednesday fans are paying over the odds for most every game....Does Dom think they are not allowed a day off, whatever the price?..given its on the telly....?

• Like 1

Just another stick to beat us with.

I keep saying that the local media is full of journalists who for some reason don't like Sheffield Wednesday and will continue to produce negative stories about the club.

They know that there are problems at Hillsborough so why not throw more petrol on the fire eh?

The star's website is just full of ads anyway & best avoided.

Same negativity with RSU.

We're all aware of the problems, so just constantly reminding us can only add to the miserable mood around the club.

Ignore the haters and get behind the lads, currently struggling to sort through the shambles left by mr wonderful.